The Droid Fires Shots At Apple

Originally Posted by jbeezie

how did they 'tweak around' the iphones concept? its completely different than what the iphone is. the ONLY similarities are
1. phone
2. touchscreen
pretty much EVERY touchscreen that drops now gets their design, interface, features from the iphone.Thats what i mean by taking the concept. The fact of the matter is that the iphone is the original and has the throne. All these phones claimin to be"iphone killers" and takn shots are just simply knockoffs; they got what they have because of the iphone.

too each's own though i aint sayn these phones suck or nun like that, but you cant take shots at the throne if your nowhere close to it.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DJisMe3

how did they 'tweak around' the iphones concept? its completely different than what the iphone is. the ONLY similarities are
1. phone
2. touchscreen
pretty much EVERY touchscreen that drops now gets their design, interface, features from the iphone. Thats what i mean by taking the concept. The fact of the matter is that the iphone is the original and has the throne. All these phones claimin to be "iphone killers" and takn shots are just simply knockoffs; they got what they have because of the iphone.

too each's own though i aint sayn these phones suck or nun like that, but you cant take shots at the throne if your nowhere close to it.
grin.gif

thats how i understood it also

1. phone
2. touchscreen
pretty much EVERY touchscreen that drops now gets their design, interface, features from the iphone. Thats what i mean by taking the concept. The fact of the matter is that the iphone is the original and has the throne. All these phones claimin to be "iphone killers" and takn shots are just simply knockoffs; they got what they have because of the iphone.

grin.gif
How does the G1 have the design/interface/feature from the iphone? They resemble in no way.

BTW, there were touchscreen phones before the iphone in which apple stole several ideas from...winmo phones...so no. If thats the case, the Iphone is theknockoff.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

The iPhone isn't even the best phone out, it's just the most hyped.

most hyped yes.

but it has soo many apps it can be basically used for anything.

still waiting for something even close to an iphone.... iphone has the cell phone game on lock

Originally Posted by philly5fan

still waiting for something even close to an iphone.... iphone has the cell phone game on lock

True.

Its not even the phone itself but when two people with iphones whip them out, they can get conversations started on the limitless apps in their app store.

If RIM had something remotely close to their app store they could be competition. I have a BB by the way.

1. phone
2. touchscreen

grin.gif
How does the G1 have the design/interface/feature from the iphone? They resemble in no way.

BTW, there were touchscreen phones before the iphone in which apple stole several ideas from...winmo phones...so no. If thats the case, the Iphone is the knockoff.
^Agreed

I hate these iPhone vs. WinMo/Andriod debates. Android being new to the scene and WinMo catering to a completely different demographic and slowlytransitioning to the general public. You really are comparing apples to oranges.

The Apps are the ONLY thing keeping the iPhone at the "top" at this point. WinMo is a marketplace and campaign away from being a direct competitorto the iPhone. iPhone hardware specs are nothing special.

Has there been an iPhone killer? Honestly, no. Are there devices out there with the potential to be iPhone killers? Most definitely.

I'm no iPhone hater. Its a cool device. I just hate Apple's marketing and production methods. There should have only been 2 iPhones (2G and 3GS). And the production methods to differentiate the iPod Touch from the iPhone (by exclusion of basic hardware accessories) is just bull #+!#..

it is laughable that the apple fan boys in here are defending the iphone left and right, always bringing up the fact that any touchscreen phone designed afterthe iphone is a knockoff because it builds off what the iphone is.

well didn't the iphone build off of what an original cell phone is? at the end of the day, an iphone is still a cell phone. a nice one, but not the firstcell phone. it's an upgraded version of what "old" cell phones were.

Quick question..

i have verizon, and if i get an iphone, is it possible for me to jailbreak it and use it with the verizon service?

1. Iphone
2. Blackberry (Waiting for RIM to introduce something revolutionary, not evolutionary. I hope they can make something that can take the #1 spot)
3. Everything else

It's the truth. When and if there will ever be an iphone "killer", it'll be something big, & this isn't big enough.

apple's marketing campaign is genius and that is why ur all defending them nokia and rim got (alot) more of the world's market share than apple btw

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

it is laughable that the apple fan boys in here are defending the iphone left and right, always bringing up the fact that any touchscreen phone designed after the iphone is a knockoff because it builds off what the iphone is.

well didn't the iphone build off of what an original cell phone is? at the end of the day, an iphone is still a cell phone. a nice one, but not the first cell phone. it's an upgraded version of what "old" cell phones were.
the iPhone is the benchmark, all phones are now compared to it for a reason.

and even if a phone has better tech specs than the iphone (many do) doesn't make it a better phone. usability, ease of use, interface, marketplace, andnetwork all play a role in it. Apple has the whole package and does it all very simple, and well.

Most other companies fail at putting a true competitor because one of the above is not on par with the iphone, whether its the interface, the marketplace, orthe simplicity of it.

Now i've seen the androids new interface, and its a big improvement. But it still wont dethrone the iphone. Not yet at least.

Back
Top Bottom