The-Dream "IV Play"

girls gonna eat up turn up

self conscious :smokin
holy love :smokin
iv play :smokin :smokin
micheal :smokin
equestrian :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
Wasn't as great as I expected, but I suspect it's because his album got pushed back so much, that it started to over lap with working on Beyonce's new album, so probably all the songs we're use to hearing from him, are most likely going to end up on Beyonce's album. Not to mention the Destiny's Child reunion, you know he's most likely the go to guy for the writing/production on that album, so once again, the songs that he was going to use on his stuff most likely went to those projects. The songs on IV Play sound like they we're made last minute/in a rush probably for those reasons, it seems more label-satisfying with all of the features and auto-tune, but who knows his reasons for that. I am feeling most of the album, only changes I'd make is take High Art off :smile:{), take Big Sean off "P" and replace him with Future, more falsetto on "Michael". it doesn't really sound like one of his songs, plus the production felt lazy. I also would have added Roc Your Body, Tender Tendencies, and AK-47 somewhere in the track listing because those are all great songs that I feel would've better fit the album. Although I'm sure my opinion will change once the Special Edition drops in retail and we can hear all of the bonus tracks too. He also said that his project "Nikki" is dropping "very soon", so possibly that's the album we were expecting to hear and "IV Play" is just the warm up (lol).

Not a bad album, just not what I was expecting.

Wait Nobody is gonna mention "Too Early" like no lie this might be top 5 for him by the time i allow this album to sink in... This & Michael are two of the best songs i've heard from him in a minute... the switch on Loving Youcrazy... New Orleans???

Production on here is weak.... maybe i'm hearing something else

Wasn't as great as I expected, but I suspect it's because his album got pushed back so much, that it started to over lap with working on Beyonce's new album, so probably all the songs we're use to hearing from him, are most likely going to end up on Beyonce's album. Not to mention the Destiny's Child reunion, you know he's most likely the go to guy for the writing/production on that album, so once again, the songs that he was going to use on his stuff most likely went to those projects. The songs on IV Play sound like they we're made last minute/in a rush probably for those reasons, it seems more label-satisfying with all of the features and auto-tune, but who knows his reasons for that. I am feeling most of the album, only changes I'd make is take High Art off (
mean.gif
), take Big Sean off "P" and replace him with Future, more falsetto on "Michael". it doesn't really sound like one of his songs, plus the production felt lazy. I also would have added Roc Your Body, Tender Tendencies, and AK-47 somewhere in the track listing because those are all great songs that I feel would've better fit the album. Although I'm sure my opinion will change once the Special Edition drops in retail and we can hear all of the bonus tracks too. He also said that his project "Nikki" is dropping "very soon", so possibly that's the album we were expecting to hear and "IV Play" is just the warm up (lol).

Not a bad album, just not what I was expecting.
the stuff he has wrote for beyonce and Kelly Rowland is not even close to the type of music dream would have on his album. don't blame it on that

If Love King never dropped I would think this was an solid effort. BUT LOVE KING SET THE BAR SOOOOOO DANG HIGH BRUH. I can literally not skip a song besides 1-2 tracks on love king. On This I`m sure everyone only likes 4-5 tracks.

Love King set the bar high AF and 1977 was great to. It's a few good songs on here but that's it.

Last edited:
If Love King never dropped I would think this was an solid effort. BUT LOVE KING SET THE BAR SOOOOOO DANG HIGH BRUH. I can literally not skip a song besides 1-2 tracks on love king. On This I`m sure everyone only likes 4-5 tracks.

Love King set the bar high AF and 1977 was great to. It's a few good songs on here but that's it.

lets just hope the Nikki chronicles drop soon

idk what "that New Orleans" is referring to but after 5 plays im just along for the ride. It feels like he set out to make a commercial album due to the features, it gets better the more I listen to it, but it still feels real empty and lacking of that extra mile that Dream's albums usually have.

The album is real rough, its called 4 Play but pretty much every song is like "f the fourplay". Usually its somewhat relatable, but this time it just seems like he was freestyling what ever melody came to mind.

lets just hope the Nikki chronicles drop soon

Wait wut? :wow:

Like most of you, I'm kinda disappointed with the album as a whole. It's not bad, but it's not as great as some of his previous albums.

'Michael' is by far my favorite track
pimp.gif

The album is ok. I like the production more than anything which let's me play through it fully but I can't say that any song has been memorable as a complete thing to me.

Terius one of my favorite artists but this album is very underwhelming.

IV Play, Michael, New Orleans and Self-Conscious are the only songs that I really feel.

And new Orleans couldv'e been one of his best songs ever but he took it down a notch with the excessive cursing.

His other projects perfectly walked the line between being crude and being raw but brilliant.

He crossed that line on this one imo, too crude.

Last edited:
Album grew on me. All the songs are good, he should have just let them all ride out cause they felt like compact radio versions compared to his previous album tracks. But the deluxe just came out, so I think it should make a difference. Imagine LOVE KING without the the extra deluxe tracks.

I had a problem with the sequence/song order from the beginning, so I just redid the track list and it's so much freaking better. Mind blowingly better to be honest. It's a whole new experience.

1. High Art
2. IV Play
3. Equestrian
4. P*ssy
5. Michael
6. Loving You/Crazy
7. Psycho
8. Where Have You Been?
9. Too Early
10. New Orleans 
11. Self-Conscious
12. Holy Love
13. Outro
14. Slow It Down
15. TRON
16. Turnt
17. Divine
18. Y'all

I tried to keep all the sex/f*cking songs towards the front.

It's amazing how much better it gets doing this and removing "Turnt" simultaneously.

I put "Psycho" after "Crazy" like he originally intended (makes sense).

And then "Too Early" transitions into "New Orleans" perfectly with the southern vibe.

"Y'all" as the closer is a no brainer.

pimp.gif

Last edited:
i like it now,,,, but im sure after i listen to it a few more times i'll start loving it just like his other albums... my 2 cents
mean.gif

Terius one of my favorite artists but this album is very underwhelming.

IV Play, Michael, New Orleans and Self-Conscious are the only songs that I really feel.

And new Orleans couldv'e been one of his best songs ever but he took it down a notch with the excessive cursing.

His other projects perfectly walked the line between being crude and being raw but brilliant.

He crossed that line on this one imo, too crude.

Think I might feel the same way.

Back
Top Bottom