The Donald Sterling Thread

Is it 'lifetime ban + $2.5 BILLION fine'?!
laugh.gif

His net worth is $1.9B

Silver says this only involves Sterling, not his family.
So Sterling could still be a silent owner, should his family take over.
(also, the fine was 2.5 Million. That is the max the NBA can fine owners.)

His family isn't going to take over - maybe some operations until the sale, but the sale will ultimately remove any/all control they have remaining. Best believe no ownership group would even fathom taking on anyone from the family.

BUT the NBA can deny a team purchase so I'm sure it would, should Sterling's wife "buy" the team from him...

Cubans comments are interesting. If only based off this comment I'm guessing Sterlings lawyers are quickly going to work. I would think they should've presented a case of continued, persistent and perpetual actions that would support this strong response. Not an isolated incident (even if it isn't actually one)

Last edited:
People at work were saying he was framed as if there wasn't 30+ years of this stuff on public record. Some people are so smart that they are stupid.

I just think forcing him to sell is not the right move. Yes, He doesn't deserve to own a team but I think that decision should have been made by the Clippers employees and roster. If they decide not to play for him and everyone else decides not to sign with them Sterling would have no choice but to sell the team.

People at work were saying he was framed as if there wasn't 30+ years of this stuff on public record. Some people are so smart that they are stupid.
framed?!?!

laugh.gif
My thoughts exactly.

Ol girl definitely setup the conversation being recorded, but being framed implies innocence and Sterling track record puts that to bed.

while he will make money, this suspension might send this old man to the grave 
laugh.gif

You know how old people hearts give out when they lose something they dearly love. It's going to kill him he can't go to Clippers games like he has been the last 30 years 

I just think forcing him to sell is not the right move. Yes, He doesn't deserve to own a team but I think that decision should have been made by the Clippers employees and roster. If they decide not to play for him and everyone else decides not to sign with them Sterling would have no choice but to sell the team.

i think the point is the NBA was trying to prevent that from happening with a quick decisive action. Further, you need a system in place that can oust an owner without employee up-rise or there's much more to fix.

With a force-sale, meaning the other owners agree to oust Sterling from ownership, then you could see Magic owning part of the Clippers.
Game on.
:nerd:

while he will make money, this suspension might send this old man to the grave :lol:

You know how old people hearts give out when they lose something they dearly love. It's going to kill him he can't go to Clippers games like he has been the last 30 years 

Same thing happened to Paterno.

WOW :wow:

Adam Silver just nuked Sterling. There isn't anything more that he could have done. Well done!!

As SOLELY a NBA fan, I don't see how anyone can be upset at the ruling.

Back
Top Bottom