the deep thought thread

Regarding the question about the brain and addiction, it really is brain versus brain. The prefrontal cortex is rational and knows how costly the addictionis and the "Reptile Brain" and Limbic Center love short term pleasures of vice.

Beyond that, the brain is the master of everything. Our reality, our pain, our pleasure, our emotions, our love, our hate, our actions all come from this pieceof fat inside of our skulls. (I am no expert on neurology but one of my friends is a very good student of neuro science and we have shared a lot of pot and outthere conversations)
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bns1201

What age do we appear in heaven if it is to be real?

How does religion deal with families being of other religions? I was always afraid that had my father and mother been a different religion, my family would not end up with each other in heaven should it be real.

What was it like BEFORE the big bang....how could there be...NOTHING??? Anyway you think this life begins (god, big bang, aliens etc) there HAS to be a beginning, but I would love to know what it was like BEFORE that....

Humans are nothing...we are so consumed with our own existence that we forget about the big picture... we are smaller than dust in the wind, we are a megapixel on an endless landscape, we are NOTHING

Celebrities mean nothing to me...I heard a Britney Spears song today and I would just punch her if I had a chance...all she wanted was fame and she got it...what else has she done for this world

Why do we hate? Why do we kill each other? We presumably only have ONE life...why waste it ruining the one chance others have?

I simply cannot lead a normal life. You all will know who I am in the future. I cannt sit and work at a desk. I cannot take orders from someone at a 9-5 job. I cannot sit back and watch our world go to **@@. I will not tolerate intolerance. I will not allow others to die at the hands of their brethren. I will change this world. I wish everyone had the same mindset. ONE SHOT PEOPLE....THAT'S ALL WE HAVE. THE NEXT TIME YOU THINK THIS WORLD REVOLVES AROUND YOU....TAKE A LOOK IN THE MIRROR AGAIN AND RECOGNIZE YOUR OWN LIES
...... do people actually still believe you go to some imaginary kingdom in the clouds when you die?
sick.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

No offense homie
grin.gif

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by bns1201

What age do we appear in heaven if it is to be real?

How does religion deal with families being of other religions? I was always afraid that had my father and mother been a different religion, my family would not
end up with each other in heaven should it be real.

What was it like BEFORE the big bang....how could there be...NOTHING??? Anyway you think this life begins (god, big bang, aliens etc) there HAS to be a
beginning, but I would love to know what it was like BEFORE that....

Humans are nothing...we are so consumed with our own existence that we forget about the big picture... we are smaller than dust in the wind, we are a megapixel
on an endless landscape, we are NOTHING

Celebrities mean nothing to me...I heard a Britney Spears song today and I would just punch her if I had a chance...all she wanted was fame and she got
it...what else has she done for this world

Why do we hate? Why do we kill each other? We presumably only have ONE life...why waste it ruining the one chance others have?

I simply cannot lead a normal life. You all will know who I am in the future. I cannt sit and work at a desk. I cannot take orders from someone at a 9-5 job. I
cannot sit back and watch our world go to **@@. I will not tolerate intolerance. I will not allow others to die at the hands of their brethren. I will change
this world. I wish everyone had the same mindset. ONE SHOT PEOPLE....THAT'S ALL WE HAVE. THE NEXT TIME YOU THINK THIS WORLD REVOLVES AROUND YOU....TAKE A
LOOK IN THE MIRROR AGAIN AND RECOGNIZE YOUR OWN LIES
...... do people actually still believe you go to some imaginary kingdom in the clouds when you die?
sick.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

No offense homie
grin.gif

none taken but I'm being more of a critic then a believer, I'm asking this to zealots, hopefully not appearing as one because I am anything but

Why do people continually implicate faith in a Higher Power with being religious? Even with all the semantics aside, they are not synonymous.

why does god give people children that end up killing them, but yet doesnt give some women kids that would be great mothers

When I sit down in a chair for a half hour my legs don't fall asleep. When I sit down on the toilet for more than 10 minutes, why do my legs fall asleep? Why isnt there a toilet designed in the proportions of a chair.

Whoever thought a meat patty, with pickles, onions, tomato, lettuce, cheese, ketchup, mustard, and two buns would taste so good?

Originally Posted by BlastaMasta8

I wonder who my first ancestor was.

The same as mine..

I just want you guys to know, I could really drop bombs in this thread
grin.gif

My turn... I'm about to go over a lot of heads...

If a man from today (2009) is talking to his former self from 1999 via cell phone, at what point -- in which time space continuum, will he remember havingalready done that? Will the younger man have a sense of deja vu one day while talking on his phone to his future self, only to grow up, answer his cell 10years later, and hear his own voice conversing with him? Would the call go exactly the same? And if it doesn't, can you be certain that the future evenexists?

If the future can be observed, only to inevitably change due to that observation, does that prove that time as we knowit is an illusion or at best, a misunderstanding? If so, could all possible timelines (now, future, and pastwith every increments representing a different "strand" of time -- picture these strands likehorizonatal guitar strings or a number line) run in "the present" and run parallell to each other?

If so, that would mean that we don't have a fixed position on one timeline and we don't travel along thattimeline (which is what terms like past and future are relative to), but it's more or less like"froggering" across timelines. That's the only way a non-fixed future could make sense.

My theory supports a fluid future, because your future is relative to where you are on the Y-axis and not the X-axis (across time as oposed to along). Mytheory supports that there are various Y values for every X value, just like in real life there are various outcomes for any present decision or action. If youcan, do allow yourself to picture the various and indefinite ammounts of timelines as different lines under the formula Y=aX where X is the present and whatever decision or action is presently happening (independent variable) and Y is the result ofthat action (future) and a is whatever you want to call the coefficient that determines whether your future goes oneway or the other (Fate? Destiny? Luck? Sarandipidy?). For fuirther clarification, on this life grid, all facets of existing takes place along the X-axis. Thoughts, actions, etc are all events that have a place on the X axis. The result of thoseactions is a Y value.

Well my theory suggests that each individual has plotted points on the life grid (called their lifeline) that may take him up or down the life grid,encountering Y=aX lines. These points are not predetermined, so there is no 100% accurate way of predicting which waythe lifeline will go. I'm sure you're aware that the course of one's life can be affected by many things. However, since the strands of time arelinear, their futures are set and God knows it. Because it's al math based, you can predict a point on anyY=aX line with a little algebra know-how. That is how God is able to know the future even if it's constantlychanging for us. All God has to know is which strand our lifeline is currently on (read: Which Y value represents thecurrent X value for the lifeline). He is able to know your future for any given present but there is no way to tellwhat "tomorrow's future" will be because since tomorrow isn't set in stone, neither is its future. This last sentence creats a paradoxthough. How can you know the future, but not the future of the future? I'll solve that paradox for you guys another time
wink.gif

When cleaners/disinfectants say they kill 99.9% of germs, doesnt that mean the remaining .01% will continue to grow and multiply, immune to the everything elsethat kills 99.9%?

Got one for you. I'll copy and paste it off my blog...

Today when I got lifted I started thinking and philosiphying about light and time and I came to the conclusion that there is no such thing as time. This iswhy... So you've heard that it takes the light from the sun 8 minutes to get to earth because it's so far away, right? So think about this... When youlook up into the sky in the day time, you're seeing "8 minute old" light. Which means you're almost looking into the past. Which also meansthat the sun could actually not even be there at that moment due to whatever strange phenominal force taking it out, and we wouldnt know until 8 minutes later.Take a second and think about that if you have to... SO... From there, I started thinking furthermore about the subject and I thought about lights speed andcame to another conclusion. The next one is that if you could somehow go faster than light "time" would HAVE to slow down or warp or something.That's because you would then be entering into "old light" that had already traveled past you and all the "new light" now takes "alonger time" to reach you or it might not ever if you never stop going faster than light. Now what would happen if you were to go exactly at the speed oflight? Would we even be able to see? I say this because we have the ability to see because of light bouncing off of objects and the objects relaying theinformation about the object back to our eyes. So if we were to go AT the speed of light would everything behind you stand still and everything in front of youwould just be a white or colorful blur? I went into deeper thought
about the subject, but what does everyone make out about this brainstorm?

Originally Posted by seventh letter

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Mr. Krabs is a crab, his mom is a crab, but yet, his daughter is a whale...
SpongeBob is rectangular, but his parents are round...
Squidward is an octopus...
Bikini Bottom is underwater, yet, there are beaches, running water, fires, etc.
Sometimes when you look inside Patrick's house, there would be furniture, but sometimes, there wouldn't be...

It's a cartoon fam
laugh.gif
OMG YOUR AVY
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

wrote this some time ago, i have on my "about me" on my myspace page n i decided to share it with all of you.

Sometimes its not about giving a positive message, sometimes its about telling the truth. The ugly truth that nobody wants to hear and always neglect torealize when it is right in

front of them. Even when they do realize it they choose to ignore it. Why do we choose to ignore the obscene way we treat each other, brothers and sisters,mothers and fathers,

who share the same struggles on the same hunk of land we all call home. It disgusts me how men decide to treat women and in turn women treat men and themselveswith such a

lack of self esteem or even the slightest hint of self respect. We pollute everything we place our hands on from the environment to our communities to even ourvery educations

which can be known now as miseducation. We miseducated the very children we were so proud to conceive and lead them down such demoralized paths and still havethe audacity

to say we want the best for the future of our children. I believe we have forsaken them. I believe we have forsaken our country, our races, our cultures andour world as a whole. We

have forsaken it with acts of violence, ignorance, selfishness, carelessness and hatred. At the very peak of all this madness the best solution we come up withfor this horrid reality is

to point our fingers at one another and say, "It is your fault!" The only thing that will accomplish is the repetition of everything I just mentionednow with the false sense of

righteousness to back it up. My people, it is time for a change, it is time to bring an end to this genocide lifestyle we embraced and lived by everyday for solong. Too long if you ask

me. We need to stop quarreling amongst each other and work together to fix what generations of ignorance has helped to destroy. And that is our society. And weneed not to do it

as Hispanic, Black, White, Asian or Arab. But as the people. Only then can we prevail. Thank you for your time, I hope my words will open up your mind...

I was just thinking about how crazy it is that an entire line of Rx anti-depression pills have the "may cause suicidal thoughts" warning on them.

There are plenty of cases in which kids on these pills kill themselves. And obviously, it is less than the amount of kids that are helped.

But despite that, I find it ridiculous that a Rx, administered by doctors, has a chance of making you kill yourself, and isn't removed from the market.

I know I'm not the only person that finds that odd.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Got one for you. I'll copy and paste it off my blog...

Today when I got lifted I started thinking and philosiphying about light and time and I came to the conclusion that there is no such thing as time. This is why... So you've heard that it takes the light from the sun 8 minutes to get to earth because it's so far away, right? So think about this... When you look up into the sky in the day time, you're seeing "8 minute old" light. Which means you're almost looking into the past. Which also means that the sun could actually not even be there at that moment due to whatever strange phenominal force taking it out, and we wouldnt know until 8 minutes later. Take a second and think about that if you have to... SO... From there, I started thinking furthermore about the subject and I thought about lights speed and came to another conclusion. The next one is that if you could somehow go faster than light "time" would HAVE to slow down or warp or something. That's because you would then be entering into "old light" that had already traveled past you and all the "new light" now takes "a longer time" to reach you or it might not ever if you never stop going faster than light. Now what would happen if you were to go exactly at the speed of light? Would we even be able to see? I say this because we have the ability to see because of light bouncing off of objects and the objects relaying the information about the object back to our eyes. So if we were to go AT the speed of light would everything behind you stand still and everything in front of you would just be a white or colorful blur? I went into deeper thought
about the subject, but what does everyone make out about this brainstorm?
interesting. one guess could be that we could still see if we were going that fast. but barely. we could see light.

when you see those videos about being in space and all of a sudden the stars go from round to lines, kinda like that. we could see light because we'dmerely catch up with the present time. not like we're built to only see past/old light.

what would happen if we somehow got close enough to the sun (not melting of course)? it would be bright enough to blind us of course... this is interesting.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom