the deep thought thread

Originally Posted by bns1201

what would happen if pinnochio said "my nose is going to grow right now"

pimp.gif

What if you are the only "real" thing in the world. Like just you exist and everything else is just around you as obstacles or for you to use andinteract with. Everything is set up around you and for you... from the weather, to what other people do etc.

Originally Posted by M16

What if you are the only "real" thing in the world. Like just you exist and everything else is just around you as obstacles or for you to use and interact with. Everything is set up around you and for you... from the weather, to what other people do etc.
That's that Truman/Matrix shhh. You're the only thing real in your reality. In a sense that would make the individual their ownGOD
pimp.gif
. If true though this reply was set up specifically for you alongwith everyone else and the world itself. Basically it's like your giving yourself your own answer but getting it from something set up for you.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by M16

What if you are the only "real" thing in the world. Like just you exist and everything else is just around you as obstacles or for you to use and
interact with. Everything is set up around you and for you... from the weather, to what other people do etc.
That's that Truman/Matrix shhh. You're the only thing real in your reality. In a sense that would make the individual their own GOD
pimp.gif
. If true though this reply was set up specifically for you along with everyone else and the world itself. Basically it's like your giving yourself your own answer but getting it from something set up for you.

ive had this thought for soooo long....no matter how I feel (good days or bad days) I think this is the truth. It might seem egotistic like the whole worldrevolves around me, but let whatever. And if you feel the same way, whats saying that I'm not just another obstacle in your own reality o_0

Originally Posted by M16

What if you are the only "real" thing in the world. Like just you exist and everything else is just around you as obstacles or for you to use and
interact with. Everything is set up around you and for you... from the weather, to what other people do etc.
That's that Truman/Matrix shhh. You're the only thing real in your reality. In a sense that would make the individual their own GOD
pimp.gif
. If true though this reply was set up specifically for you along with everyone else and the world itself. Basically it's like your giving yourself your own answer but getting it from something set up for you.

ive had this thought for soooo long....no matter what I feel this this is the truth. It might seem egotistic like the whole world revolves around me, but let whatever. And if you feel the same way, whats saying that I'm not just another obstacle in your own reality o_0

It's really crazy. Like I'll be on campus walking around and I'll over-hear two people having a conversation about a math quiz and I hear"yeah (1,-1) and (1,2)". An hour later I get a quiz in my Calculus class and sure enough... that was the answer. I'll be thinking... damn, those2 people existed solely for the purpose of giving me that answer today.

Originally Posted by M16

What if you are the only "real" thing in the world. Like just you exist and everything else is just around you as obstacles or for you to use and interact with. Everything is set up around you and for you... from the weather, to what other people do etc.
pimp.gif

5.jpg

Damn yo thats deep about you being the only 'real' thing. That means everybody on NT, your familia, everyone around you is just for you. That would bea lonely a** world.

Alright I found this CRAZY story. MUST READ>

At the 1994 annual awards dinner given by the American Association for Forensic Science, AAFS President Don Harper Mills astounded his audience in San Diegowith the legal complications of a bizarre death. Here is the story:

"On 23 March 1994, the medical examiner viewed the body of Ronald Opus and concluded that he died from a shotgun wound of the head. The decedent hadjumped from the top of a ten-story building intending to commit suicide (he left a note indicating his despondency).
As he fell past the ninth floor, his life was interrupted by a shotgun blast through a window, which killed him instantly. Neither the shooter nor the decedentwas aware that a safety net had been erected at the eighth floor level to protect some window washers and that Opus would not have been able to complete hissuicide anyway because of this." "Ordinarily," Dr. Mills continued, "a person who sets out to commit suicide ultimately succeeds, eventhough the mechanism might not be what he intended. That Opus was shot on the way to certain death nine stories below probably would not have changed his modeof death from suicide to homicide. But the fact that his suicidal intent would not have been successful caused the medical examiner to feel that he hadhomicide on his hands. "The room on the ninth floor whence the shotgun blast emanated was occupied by an elderly man and his wife. They were arguing andhe was threatening her with the shotgun. He was so upset that, when he pulled the trigger, he completely missed his wife and the pellets went through thewindow striking Opus. "When one intends to kill subject A but kills subject B in the attempt, one is guilty of the murder of subject B. When confrontedwith this charge, the old man and his wife were both adamant that neither knew that the shotgun was loaded. The old man said it was his long-standing habit tothreaten his wife with the unloaded shotgun. He had no intention to murder her -therefore, the killing of Opus appeared to be an accident. That is, the gun hadbeen accidentallyloaded. "The continuing investigation turned up a witness who saw the old couple's son loading the shotgun approximately six weeksprior to the fatal incident. It transpired that the old lady had cut off her son's financial support and the son, knowing the propensity of his father touse the shotgun threateningly, loaded the gun with the expectation that his father would shoot his mother. The case now becomes one of murder on the part ofthe son for the death of Ronald Opus. There was an exquisite twist. "Further investigation revealed that the son [Ronald Opus] had become increasinglydespondent over the failure of his attempt to engineer his mother's murder. This led him to jump off the ten-story building on March 23, only to be killedby a shotgun blast through a ninth story window. "The medical examiner closed the case as a suicide."

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

At the 1994 annual awards dinner given by the American Association for Forensic Science, AAFS President Don Harper Mills astounded his audience in San Diego with the legal complications of a bizarre death. Here is the story:

"On 23 March 1994, the medical examiner viewed the body of Ronald Opus and concluded that he died from a shotgun wound of the head. The decedent had jumped from the top of a ten-story building intending to commit suicide (he left a note indicating his despondency).
As he fell past the ninth floor, his life was interrupted by a shotgun blast through a window, which killed him instantly. Neither the shooter nor the decedent was aware that a safety net had been erected at the eighth floor level to protect some window washers and that Opus would not have been able to complete his suicide anyway because of this." "Ordinarily," Dr. Mills continued, "a person who sets out to commit suicide ultimately succeeds, even though the mechanism might not be what he intended. That Opus was shot on the way to certain death nine stories below probably would not have changed his mode of death from suicide to homicide. But the fact that his suicidal intent would not have been successful caused the medical examiner to feel that he had homicide on his hands. "The room on the ninth floor whence the shotgun blast emanated was occupied by an elderly man and his wife. They were arguing and he was threatening her with the shotgun. He was so upset that, when he pulled the trigger, he completely missed his wife and the pellets went through the window striking Opus. "When one intends to kill subject A but kills subject B in the attempt, one is guilty of the murder of subject B. When confronted with this charge, the old man and his wife were both adamant that neither knew that the shotgun was loaded. The old man said it was his long-standing habit to threaten his wife with the unloaded shotgun. He had no intention to murder her -therefore, the killing of Opus appeared to be an accident. That is, the gun had been accidentallyloaded. "The continuing investigation turned up a witness who saw the old couple's son loading the shotgun approximately six weeks prior to the fatal incident. It transpired that the old lady had cut off her son's financial support and the son, knowing the propensity of his father to use the shotgun threateningly, loaded the gun with the expectation that his father would shoot his mother. The case now becomes one of murder on the part of the son for the death of Ronald Opus. There was an exquisite twist. "Further investigation revealed that the son [Ronald Opus] had become increasingly despondent over the failure of his attempt to engineer his mother's murder. This led him to jump off the ten-story building on March 23, only to be killed by a shotgun blast through a ninth story window. "The medical examiner closed the case as a suicide."
just insane. wow...

Originally Posted by finnns2003

At the 1994 annual awards dinner given by the American Association for Forensic Science, AAFS President Don Harper Mills astounded his audience in San Diego
with the legal complications of a bizarre death. Here is the story:

"On 23 March 1994, the medical examiner viewed the body of Ronald Opus and concluded that he died from a shotgun wound of the head. The decedent had
jumped from the top of a ten-story building intending to commit suicide (he left a note indicating his despondency).

As he fell past the ninth floor, his life was interrupted by a shotgun blast through a window, which killed him instantly. Neither the shooter nor the decedent
was aware that a safety net had been erected at the eighth floor level to protect some window washers and that Opus would not have been able to complete his
suicide anyway because of this." "Ordinarily," Dr. Mills continued, "a person who sets out to commit suicide ultimately succeeds, even
though the mechanism might not be what he intended. That Opus was shot on the way to certain death nine stories below probably would not have changed his mode
of death from suicide to homicide. But the fact that his suicidal intent would not have been successful caused the medical examiner to feel that he had
homicide on his hands. "The room on the ninth floor whence the shotgun blast emanated was occupied by an elderly man and his wife. They were arguing and
he was threatening her with the shotgun. He was so upset that, when he pulled the trigger, he completely missed his wife and the pellets went through the
window striking Opus. "When one intends to kill subject A but kills subject B in the attempt, one is guilty of the murder of subject B. When confronted
with this charge, the old man and his wife were both adamant that neither knew that the shotgun was loaded. The old man said it was his long-standing habit to
threaten his wife with the unloaded shotgun. He had no intention to murder her -therefore, the killing of Opus appeared to be an accident. That is, the gun had
been accidentallyloaded. "The continuing investigation turned up a witness who saw the old couple's son loading the shotgun approximately six weeks
prior to the fatal incident. It transpired that the old lady had cut off her son's financial support and the son, knowing the propensity of his father to
use the shotgun threateningly, loaded the gun with the expectation that his father would shoot his mother. The case now becomes one of murder on the part of
the son for the death of Ronald Opus. There was an exquisite twist. "Further investigation revealed that the son [Ronald Opus] had become increasingly
despondent over the failure of his attempt to engineer his mother's murder. This led him to jump off the ten-story building on March 23, only to be killed
by a shotgun blast through a ninth story window. "The medical examiner closed the case as a suicide."
just insane. wow...

sorry to burst your bubble http://www.snopes.com/horrors/freakish/opus.asp

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

pimp.gif

ive had this thought for soooo long....no matter what I feel this this is the truth. It might seem egotistic like the whole world revolves around me, but let whatever. And if you feel the same way, whats saying that I'm not just another obstacle in your own reality o_0

It's really crazy. Like I'll be on campus walking around and I'll over-hear two people having a conversation about a math quiz and I hear "yeah (1,-1) and (1,2)". An hour later I get a quiz in my Calculus class and sure enough... that was the answer. I'll be thinking... damn, those 2 people existed solely for the purpose of giving me that answer today.

I honestly do believe in this. Say an ex gf of yours cheated on you and messed you up then you go on to record a number 1 hit and become successful etc. Orthat lady who stoped to ask you for the time causing a car that just crashed to miss you.

At the 1994 annual awards dinner given by the American Association for Forensic Science, AAFS President Don Harper Mills astounded his audience in San Diego with the legal complications of a bizarre death. Here is the story:

"On 23 March 1994, the medical examiner viewed the body of Ronald Opus and concluded that he died from a shotgun wound of the head. The decedent had jumped from the top of a ten-story building intending to commit suicide (he left a note indicating his despondency).
As he fell past the ninth floor, his life was interrupted by a shotgun blast through a window, which killed him instantly. Neither the shooter nor the decedent was aware that a safety net had been erected at the eighth floor level to protect some window washers and that Opus would not have been able to complete his suicide anyway because of this." "Ordinarily," Dr. Mills continued, "a person who sets out to commit suicide ultimately succeeds, even though the mechanism might not be what he intended. That Opus was shot on the way to certain death nine stories below probably would not have changed his mode of death from suicide to homicide. But the fact that his suicidal intent would not have been successful caused the medical examiner to feel that he had homicide on his hands. "The room on the ninth floor whence the shotgun blast emanated was occupied by an elderly man and his wife. They were arguing and he was threatening her with the shotgun. He was so upset that, when he pulled the trigger, he completely missed his wife and the pellets went through the window striking Opus. "When one intends to kill subject A but kills subject B in the attempt, one is guilty of the murder of subject B. When confronted with this charge, the old man and his wife were both adamant that neither knew that the shotgun was loaded. The old man said it was his long-standing habit to threaten his wife with the unloaded shotgun. He had no intention to murder her -therefore, the killing of Opus appeared to be an accident. That is, the gun had been accidentallyloaded. "The continuing investigation turned up a witness who saw the old couple's son loading the shotgun approximately six weeks prior to the fatal incident. It transpired that the old lady had cut off her son's financial support and the son, knowing the propensity of his father to use the shotgun threateningly, loaded the gun with the expectation that his father would shoot his mother. The case now becomes one of murder on the part of the son for the death of Ronald Opus. There was an exquisite twist. "Further investigation revealed that the son [Ronald Opus] had become increasingly despondent over the failure of his attempt to engineer his mother's murder. This led him to jump off the ten-story building on March 23, only to be killed by a shotgun blast through a ninth story window. "The medical examiner closed the case as a suicide."

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/freakish/opus.asp

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by M16

bns1201 wrote:

Master Zik wrote:

M16 wrote:

What if you are the only "real" thing in the world. Like just you exist and everything else is just around you as obstacles or for you to use
and

That's that Truman/Matrix shhh. You're the only thing real in your reality. In a sense that would make the individual their own
GOD
pimp.gif
. If true though this reply was set up specifically for you along
with everyone else and the world itself. Basically it's like your giving yourself your own answer but getting it from something set up for you.

ive had this thought for soooo long....no matter what I feel this this is the truth. It might seem egotistic like the whole world revolves around me, but let
whatever. And if you feel the same way, whats saying that I'm not just another obstacle in your own reality o_0

It's really crazy. Like I'll be on campus walking around and I'll over-hear two people having a conversation about a math quiz and I hear
"yeah (1,-1) and (1,2)". An hour later I get a quiz in my Calculus class and sure enough... that was the answer. I'll be thinking... damn, those
2 people existed solely for the purpose of giving me that answer today.

I honestly do believe in this. Say an ex gf of yours cheated on you and messed you up then you go on to record a number 1 hit and become successful etc. Or that lady who stoped to ask you for the time causing a car that just crashed to miss you.

many things can cause some1 to believe this. A near death experience would definitely do the trick. I was with some chick and it was POURING out. We were at anoutdoors mall and we were crossing the street. Had it not been for me trying to push her in a puddle I would've been dead. NO more than like .5 secondsafter we stopped because she had almost tripped when I nudged her a lightning bolt struck within a foot of me. But heres the craziest thing. I'm 6'10and I had an umbrella open. Really didn't reflect on it till now but goddamn I feel like its all for me sometimes.

EDIT: Ha, in retrospect if it really were all for me the bolt woulda struck the chick...eff her man

^^yea, every little choice you make effects life in someway or another. crazy how it all works out like it does.

Back
Top Bottom