the deep thought thread

jw air wrote:
Originally Posted by jawnyquest

who in the hell left the gate open
what
laugh.gif

if we ever wanted to look into our past to when the earth was first created, we would have to do the following:

1) travel so far away from earth to a point where the image of the earth reaching us is actually an image of the earth right as it's forming (in the past).this would require traveling at an impossible speed, much faster than the speed of light.
2) have a very strong telescope to view the earth from the point we're at in space.

Originally Posted by MECKS

Originally Posted by Noodles

Originally Posted by MECKS

um. i know its the deep thought thread BUT.. im more like deeply confused.
post a thought you had that was sublime. i.e I am GOD, I am not GOD. I am Not GOD, I am GOD. depending on what your attentionis focused on after hearing God's word.
um. okay... well... when i learned that the stars we see in the sky dont exist. it freaked me out...

how are we seeing something that doesnt exist you say? well because the light took so long to get to earth, it has most liekly exploded 45 million years ago. but we wont know until 45 million years later. but then... what exists there when it does leave us? everything we see in the sky has ALREADY happened, not happening.

there... my deep thought

interesting.

An arrow has to get from point A to point B. Would we also agree that that arrow would need to cross halfway between A and B? Would we also agree that thatarrow would need to cross halfway of the halfway point between A and B? Would we also agree that that arrow would need to cross halfway the halfway the halfwaypoint between A and B? The arrow would need to infinitely cross the halfway between A and B; by logic, the arrow would never reach point B since there isinfinite "halfway" to cross -- but why is it that arrow eventually reach point B?

Originally Posted by Jsmilez

An arrow has to get from point A to point B. Would we also agree that that arrow would need to cross halfway between A and B? Would we also agree that that arrow would need to cross halfway of the halfway point between A and B? Would we also agree that that arrow would need to cross halfway the halfway the halfway point between A and B? The arrow would need to infinitely cross the halfway between A and B; by logic, the arrow would never reach point B since there is infinite "halfway" to cross -- but why is it that arrow eventually reach point B?
That doesn't even make sense. Just because there are infinite halfways to cross doesn't mean @%%# when all you need is for the arrow toget to point B.

The halfway is basically space isn't it? When there are infinite halfways, there are infinite space. Infinite space cannot be crossed.

Say one is addicted to a substance. That means the brain is chemically dependent.

However, people have proven that they can beat addiction through power. This is also the brain working.

So when one battles through addiction, it is brain vs. brain.

If this is correct, what parts of the brain are responsible for addiction, and what part of the brain is responsible for will power, making the decision toquit?

If these are indeed separate parts of the brain at work, is it not possible to exercise the part of the brain associated with will power, so that one has ahigher chance of overcoming addiction?

Am I too out there?

How come hot dogs come in packs of 10, but the buns come in packs of 8? I have always wondered this.
nerd.gif

Why do we drive on parkways, but park on driveways?

The halfway is basically space isn't it? When there are infinite halfways, there are infinite space. Infinite space cannot be crossed.
The halfways are not infinite. You can keep dissecting every halfway of a halfway between points A and B but the one truth still stands, that itis within the finite space between points A and B. Now if the overall space between point A and point B is infinite then infinite space can not be crossed.
Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

Say one is addicted to a substance. That means the brain is chemically dependent.

However, people have proven that they can beat addiction through power. This is also the brain working.

If this is correct, what parts of the brain are responsible for addiction, and what part of the brain is responsible for will power, making the decision to quit?

If these are indeed separate parts of the brain at work, is it not possible to exercise the part of the brain associated with will power, so that one has a higher chance of overcoming addiction?

Am I too out there?
Not at all you're definitely within the scope and using the right train of thought. Keep in mind addiction isn't solely a battle of thebrain it is biological. Taking away the focus of the brain for a second, the human body becomes accustomed to the repetition of whatever actions negatively orpositively effects it, through adaption or rejection. It isn't will power alone that an addict is able to beat their addiction but the time in between theyhave collaborated with their will power and the lack of w/e drug they were addicted on.

That's why some addicts who detox can't beat their addiction due to lack of will power; stewardship of mind/discipline. Just like willpower alonecan't make you stop using a drug for most humans. If that were possible I'd assume that person is using more than their average 3% of brain power.

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

If this is correct, what parts of the brain are responsible for addiction, and what part of the brain is responsible for will power, making the decision to quit?

If these are indeed separate parts of the brain at work, is it not possible to exercise the part of the brain associated with will power, so that one has a higher chance of overcoming addiction?

Am I too out there?
This dude just blew my mind.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Mr. Krabs is a crab, his mom is a crab, but yet, his daughter is a whale...
SpongeBob is rectangular, but his parents are round...
Squidward is an octopus...
Bikini Bottom is underwater, yet, there are beaches, running water, fires, etc.
Sometimes when you look inside Patrick's house, there would be furniture, but sometimes, there wouldn't be...
Doesn't SpongeBob's house ever go rotten???

Originally Posted by Master Zik

The halfways are not infinite. You can keep dissecting every halfway of a halfway between points A and B but the one truth still stands, that it is within the finite space between points A and B. Now if the overall space between point A and point B is infinite then infinite space can not be crossed.
I know what you mean. Though, for the sake of argument and deep thoughts, if you say that I can keep dissecting, the truth still stands that it isan infinite "dissection"; yet my range of dissection lies within a finite space. How can, then, an infinite exist within a finite space?

It's like infinitely dividing 1 by 2 and getting an infinite answer, yet it is still possible to travel the range of 0 to 1 -- a finite space.

I agree with you, however, that we can always reach point B. It's stupid not to.
laugh.gif

What age do we appear in heaven if it is to be real?

How does religion deal with families being of other religions? I was always afraid that had my father and mother been a different religion, my family would notend up with each other in heaven should it be real.

What was it like BEFORE the big bang....how could there be...NOTHING??? Anyway you think this life begins (god, big bang, aliens etc) there HAS to be abeginning, but I would love to know what it was like BEFORE that....

Humans are nothing...we are so consumed with our own existence that we forget about the big picture... we are smaller than dust in the wind, we are a megapixelon an endless landscape, we are NOTHING

Celebrities mean nothing to me...I heard a Britney Spears song today and I would just punch her if I had a chance...all she wanted was fame and she gotit...what else has she done for this world

Why do we hate? Why do we kill each other? We presumably only have ONE life...why waste it ruining the one chance others have?

I simply cannot lead a normal life. You all will know who I am in the future. I cannt sit and work at a desk. I cannot take orders from someone at a 9-5 job. Icannot sit back and watch our world go to **@@. I will not tolerate intolerance. I will not allow others to die at the hands of their brethren. I will changethis world. I wish everyone had the same mindset. ONE SHOT PEOPLE....THAT'S ALL WE HAVE. THE NEXT TIME YOU THINK THIS WORLD REVOLVES AROUND YOU....TAKE ALOOK IN THE MIRROR AGAIN AND RECOGNIZE YOUR OWN LIES

will there ever be any more video games that, when you lose lives, its game over?

and I ain't talking bout arcade style or games you can buy on Xbox Live.

If home is where your heart is, then If you heart is not in anything, or towards anyone, are you homeless due to your own emotions?

I SW'D Gawt I had this thought at home randomly yesterday.

Why do we have different religions? Could it have been possible that the same All Knowing being came to people with the same wisdom/messege/etc. but it wasjust misinterpreted?

And also

yin_yang.gif

What does the white/black spots mean? Evil residing in Good? Good residing Evil?

Back
Top Bottom