- The Darkside Initiative Thread -

DJBBert

-Not trying to hate on you, it's all business, but you mentioned that you could have told heads how many pairs you had, but that you didn't because youwere the only store in Norcal that got em? I dunno if that was your reason to not tell the people #s? Because if it is, then that really isn't the way tohave people continually support you guys. Maybe I read that wrong but i got lost at the end.

Yes, I know you never received enough for everyone, but why not just tell the people that they wont be getting theirs from the getgo. But yes, this is NIKEsfault

Originally Posted by system message

DJBBert

-Not trying to hate on you, it's all business, but you mentioned that you could have told heads how many pairs you had, but that you didn't because you were the only store in Norcal that got em? I dunno if that was your reason to not tell the people #s? Because if it is, then that really isn't the way to have people continually support you guys. Maybe I read that wrong but i got lost at the end.

Yes, I know you never received enough for everyone, but why not just tell the people that they wont be getting theirs from the getgo. But yes, this is NIKEs fault

We understand your concerns, BUT we actually were supposed to open at 12. We didn't expect the line to be THAT long. But since there WAS a huge line,we decided to open the store at 11 for the convenience of our customers. (not to mention free donuts and coffee, who would do that?) I'm letting peopleknow that we were the only spot in NoR Cal to receive them and of course when heads know about that, everyone is going to hit the same spot. To be honest,mentioning sizes should be already an indication of what we have left. Most other spots wouldn't even mention sizes left for the customers. I know it suckssometimes that you wait in line and don't get what you want, but we can't control the amount we received since it was a QS. We want customers to behappy and if we would of liked to to sell a pair to every person waiting in line.

I feel you B!!! I mean did heads really believe they'd have a shot once the saw that the line was around the building?! You gotta figure you'regetting at best, a FSR with a couple extra of the 'meat' sizes and that's it! So, if D.S. got 20 pairs, that's great compared to some of thenonsense in NY with some spots only getting 10-12.
B, hit me up when you get a sec.
peace
P

^^^ Also they didn't take advantage of the hype and charge a ridiculous price for them like other stores would have........... I respect that.

Def I know how it feels to camp out for shoes first hand. Before becoming an employee, i was a customer. I was a customer who shopped at many spots and campedout for kicks. I know how it feels first hand when your waiting in line and when you get close to the front door, SOLD OUT. It sucks, but at the same timeit's so easy to blame the store for not having enough pairs. Like i said we would've been more than welcomed to have sold EVERY person a pair whowaited in line because the store would've been happy and customers would've been happy.

BROC, what's good man? Def gotta stop by the store when you get the chance. Still got some sz. 13's for the Olympic dunks.
Pdigiti, Hope All is well man, i'll hit you up soon.

NEW RELEASES for 8/11/08

WTaps Tiger Army T-Shirt. Available in White.
WTaps Wooden Incense Chamber. Made in collaboration with M&M Custom Performance.

DJBBERT said:

We understand your concerns, BUT we actually were supposed to open at 12. We didn't expect the line to be THAT long. But since there WAS a huge line, we decided to open the store at 11 for the convenience of our customers. (not to mention free donuts and coffee, who would do that?)

I've known shops that have done that in the past and that is a good gesture on Darkside's part.

Camping out for shoes is a pain. I know I've done my share in the past, but I would never and I mean NEVER camp out for shoes again. You never know what toexpect and you're not guaranteed the product. It would be nice if boutiques gave out exactly what they had as far as count goes, then at least those inline who are beyond that amount can stop wasting their time and go home. I've camped out for a Wii at a Best Buy and all the people in line were toldexactly how many they had for sale. I guess it's up to each business on how they want to release a commodity that is in high demand, but then again, howdifficult is it to let your supporting consumers know exactly how many pairs you have?

I dont see why the store didnt give out the size run numbers from the get go ... I guess it meant that much to the store ... " who cares " ... theyshould of gave out numbers ... i remember I asked dude for a size run number and he couldnt tell me ...
roll.gif
. Im not trying to diss ... props to your store.....

Yea its' not difficult give out numbers or something on that level. We try our best really to accomidate the customers that shop at our store. We reallyunderstand your concern of not mentioning the ammount of pairs/ sizes we have left, but in regards to the ammount we received we really don't have controlover that. Like I said, i'm sorry for those who didn't get a pair, and if we had a choice we would've sold a pair for every individual who waitedin line.

MR. RICO7JT, were you waiting in line for the shoes??? In regards to one of the employees not knowing the size run number, when did you exactly call? Becauseif it was early in the week, 1) we didn't receive them yet, 2) some of the employees work certain days out of the week and not everyone works on a"daily basis"........I"M NOT TRYING TO DISS....JUST GIVING PROPS TO YOU.

Originally Posted by DJBBert

^ Change in dirrection....new name,new goods, same folks

So, why the name change and new direction? Does Stash no longer have any ownership on the boutique?

Name change and new direction is based on the fact that its time to move on. Time to move into one color scheme of things and into the DARK hence DARKSIDE. Webasically combined both stores into one and picked up a few more brands. If you're not familiar with some of the brands we carry, the list includes(CLOTHES) 1- WTAPS 2- ACRONYM 3- HIDE N SEEK ( ONLY STORE IN THE US / OUTSIDE OF JAPAN THAT CARRIES THE BRAND) 4- FUCT 5- FUTURA LABORATORIES (SHOES) 1-CONVERSE 2- NIKE. Seriously if you haven't been the store, def worth checking out with the ill setup. Still this wouldn't have been done if itwasn't for our manager who def put things together and made it happen ( Mad Props Colin). In regards to the last part, you basically figured it out. Wejust felt it was time for change, change for the better. One less partner & one less brand. Still the same folks and the same atmosphere. If you'relooking to see what we get in on a daily basis, def hit up the blog. We appreciate every customer for their support regardless if they buy anything or not.

In regards to the "complaints" that individuals have, i want to really end it off on a good note. I'm not trying to put people on blast oranything. We really do appreciate every customer support. In the future we will be trying really hard and our best to help with the releases of shoes / clothesor whatever. If it takes letting individuals know how many pairs or whatever, we'll work on it. Hey i'll personally buy donuts for individuals campingout at releases as a gesture of saying thanks and thanks for supporting the store. I'm sorry about the release of the infareds, but there's betterkicks dropping in the future. If you have any questions in regards to future products or anything in general feel free to give the store a call and they'llbe more than welcome to answer your questions.

If you need the # here ya go: (415) 837-1909

Hours:
Sun-Mon 12-6
Tues Fri- 12-7
Sat- 11-7

If you need the address to the store, click the blog link in the sig, click the sig and it should take you google maps.

Originally Posted by FiendForNIke

+*%? infareds are not that serious. sup bbert

lol amen. dsi still has the best customer service in the bay hands down.

DSI is the best store in SF. Its the only store I shop at in SF. Because of their customer service. All the guys who work there are cool and very helpful.Props to DSI.

Thanks for the support folks and like i said in another thread thanks for those who came for the ?uestlove af1. I hope those who waited in line enjoy theirkicks and the donuts courtesy of the store as a way of saying thanks. But enough of that, time for an update for some new kicks

As of Saturday, aside from the ?uestlove joints, we drop one new af1.
Nike Air Force 1 Low Premium. Olympic Bird's Nest Edition. Black, Dark Army, and White. (CLEAN, SIMPLE, AND ACTUALLY A NICE COLOR COMBO)

FOR MONDAY, I REPEAT MONDAY 8/18/08 RELEASE.
Nike Air Max '90 Current designed by Kevin Lyons. Mandarin, White, and Anthracite.
Nike Air Max '90 Current designed by Hitomi Yokoyama. Neutral Grey, White, and Abyss.
Nike Air Max '90 Current designed by Ben Drury. Black, White, and Atom Red.

For pictures or any other types of updates of what we get in that's new CHECK THE BLOG. CLICK THE LINK IN THE SIG.

BERT uNo

Those artist inspired Currents aren't so bad. What's retail? Just might have to stop by and pick up the Yokoyama's, if they're stillavailable.

Retail is $125. Def pairs are flying fast. But will still got sizes stocked depending on what your size is. Shoe is def mad comfy and color-ways def not a badchoice.

Yup that's correct. We dropped them on the 16th and yea we're completely sold out. For future releases, check the blog for future releases.

DJBBert- do you know when you guys are getting the am90 infrared ostrich skin in if you guys are getting them?

No info or heard about any release info. As far as i'm concerned and from what i know they're a euro exclusive, BUT you never know.

Back
Top Bottom