The Combat Jack Show Thread

ross and steph got into it ? gotta hear that 
laugh.gif

^^ I need a documentary on philly hip hop cause I forgot all about most wanted. Neptunes had them set with production

Ed Lover has a podcast on Loudspeakers Now. I subscribed and I'm starting to listen to his latest one. I grew up on Ed.

Dutch and Ja Rule beefing in this day and age is so random. :rofl:
Dutch always could talk that ish though.

Also PMW was decent Neptunes did them dirty though giving Britney basically the same beat as Please Don't Mind...

Please don't miiiind how I pursue. 

I played the s*** outta that in middle school. 
laugh.gif

Neptunes were everywhere during that time. Them and tha liks couldn't capitalize off the wave. I still play Best U can every now and then.

Joe's pod about to be lit tomorrow.

Last edited:
Mal is a rider :lol: He supports who he likes no matter what. In a battle nobody is going to care about funny voices and flows.

and when is Remy's probation over? Because Nicki might want to make sure she pays attention to that if she ever tried to low blow her.

I never thought Ether's beat was wack, because it fit Nas. Maybe it's because I am used to hearing him on wack beats though :lol: But for real I thought the beat did a good job convening his aggression

as opposed to Super Ugly, which is what Joe was saying. I honestly felt if he picked a different beat it would have been received differently also. If Jay did part of The Bridge Is Over in the song. I felt that aspect was rushed, because the lyrics was there.

I haven't listened to Budden's podcast in forever because they argue about inane **** like it's the most important stuff in the world. Are they still on that or nah

But I agree the ether beat perfectly fit the mood of what he was doing and it was effective. There's a reason Remy used it pretty much the same way, and to the same effect.

Also Nas won (Jay is still dope too), the "Jay was spittin all facts" bs logic has been debunked so I hope dudes aren't still regurgitating that garbage :smh:, and this track always gets ignored in the Jay Nas convo:

Obviously a warm up and wasn't as hard as ether or takeover but the sample choice and his flow on here was crazy. Still love this track. The combo of this and ether, Jay put up a fight but he got washed man, anybody that says otherwise is from BK and/or smokes dust

That dude Mal was in full Barbie mode today.

When everyone established that they would take the numbers out of the conversation, dude still asks "how is Remy the queen of rap?",

Having the best BARS gave her the claim to the throne. The hell was dude even talking about :lol:

Last edited:
I haven't listened to Budden's podcast in forever because they argue about inane **** like it's the most important stuff in the world. Are they still on that or nah

But I agree the ether beat perfectly fit the mood of what he was doing and it was effective. There's a reason Remy used it pretty much the same way, and to the same effect.

Also Nas won (Jay is still dope too), the "Jay was spittin all facts" bs logic has been debunked so I hope dudes aren't still regurgitating that garbage :smh:, and this track always gets ignored in the Jay Nas convo:

Obviously a warm up and wasn't as hard as ether or takeover but the sample choice and his flow on here was crazy. Still love this track. The combo of this and ether, Jay put up a fight but he got washed man, anybody that says otherwise is from BK and/or smokes dust

What are you talking about?

It's about preference, and it's been debated for 15 years.

Joe was saying the same thing many of us said, that Jay's disses were better. It's like some of you can't seem to accept that.

What are you talking about?

It's about preference, and it's been debated for 15 years.

Joe was saying the same thing many of us said, that Jay's disses were better. It's like some of you can't seem to accept that.

My preference is to believe that anybody that thinks Jay won is from BK or smokes dust :lol:, please accept that

But nah I actually couldn't care less about people liking either track more as long as their argument isn't "Jay was spittin facts while Nas just insulting him", it doesn't hold up. And I also just felt like posting the Stillmatic freestyle cause that track is dope

As far as Nicki and Remy though, I didn't listen to the pod but Remy being the queen of rap is almost by default. Nicki barely raps anymore and def doesn't rap like she used to back in the day, and outside of Nicki and Remy what female rapper is even relevant.

I haven't listened to Budden's podcast in forever because they argue about inane **** like it's the most important stuff in the world.

My biggest gripe with the pod, which is great imo, is they spend 15-20 min weekly talking about Love & Hip Hop. Like, who gives a **** about that show, seriously ?

I routinely skip whenever they start rambling about that garbage.

That dude Mal was in full Barbie mode today.

When everyone established that they would take the numbers out of the conversation, dude still asks "how is Remy the queen of rap?",

Having the best BARS gave her the claim to the throne. The hell was dude even talking about :lol:

Agreed.

Probably my second biggest gripe about Joe's podcast is Mal consistently sides with whoever's the most popular no matter what.

I always liked the Ether beat. It was real simple and aggressive. Perfect for the beef.

Blueprint 2 was dope but I always thought the Austin Powers **** was corny. Seemed mad random. Probably the only time I've agreed with that homo Rory. I remember thinking Jays flow and cadance on that song was crazy.

I like the Love and Hip Hop segments. I don't watch it but the jokes crack me up.

Last edited:
I always liked the Ether beat. It was real simple and aggressive. Perfect for the beef.

Blueprint 2 was dope but I always thought the Austin Powers **** was corny. Seemed mad random. Probably the only time I've agreed with that homo story. I remember thinking Jays flow and cadance on that song was crazy.

I like the Love and Hip Hop segments. I don't watch it but the jokes crack me up.

Same here

My biggest gripe with the pod, which is great imo, is they spend 15-20 min weekly talking about Love & Hip Hop. Like, who gives a **** about that show, seriously ?

Yeah, when they talk about reality TV I have no clue who they're talking about. Normally I just skip through it. Finally I googled the cast members just because they were talking about how they look.

I was like oh, Bianca from Harlem and Chicken Noodle Soup girl.

I think Joe's trying to get another check from Moana with the way they discuss it.

The LHH commentary throws me off all the time on the pod. How a bunch of witty dudes really sit down and watch scripted trash is beyond me. Like how people are giving props to cardi b for inking a deal like she's Lauryn Hill of hiphop right now, makes no sense.

Mal has ties to Hov=tidal and Nicki is in that bubble so his situation is obvious.

Nicki probably will respond on her own time, which could be whenever. Remy got it easily, but the flow on the song in certain parts was absolutely horrible.

It took me awhile to admit that Nas got hov but I eventually came to my senses as I got older. The beat Imo was perfect for dissecting Jay to spreads. He didn't expect Nas to bring that flame and was just caught off guard. Nicki could easily do the same thing with the right writers and Remy would be rip. People shouldn't sleep on Nicki and said writers.

If Jay dropped Blueprint 2 directly after Ether, there wouldn't be as many skewed opinions. That track is easily the best song that came out of their back and forth. I don't ride Hov, but dude was rapping like Biggie was in the booth holding a revolver to his head with a single bullet telling him to do it for Brooklyn. :smh:

we got cats like joe talking bout he didnt like the ether beat smh

his hottest beat was pump it up prolly, his ear for beats is wild pedestrian

he don't rhyme over the worst beats but they not just standouts either

now if rick ross or fat joe or someone like that said they didn't like the ether beat id respect it more cause they have discographies of disgusting beats

Last edited:
Yeah, Joe has a terrible ear for production IMO. He always picked production that wasn't good for his voice. This Arab project was some of the best.

I was just listening to this at work a few days ago. Nas SKATED on that mf'n beat. :wow: :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom