The Combat Jack Show Thread

Envy knew, that little clip of him trying to make Joe look stupid for not getting in on the scheme is going to come back to haunt him. Clearly people know simply investing in real estate isn't illegal, so what was said to make Joe jump to "ponzi scheme"? Envy had podcasts, seminar, breakfast club appearances on this, he was in deep. Dudes were collecting millions on a single home that cost a half a mill, impossible for 2+2 to not add up after a while even if you're naive.

I keep saying at some point he had to know, but he was in too deep. Cesar and him had offices in the same building. All these people going in and out or not getting money, he had to know. He was getting his bread, so he just didn't care.

These posts tie into each other. Listening to that clip of Envy and his wife was telling. Envy really sound like a lame/goofy *** dude that's easily influenced. At this point I don't think it's an act. What man acts that dumb around his wife? That's who he is. When was telling the story about stealing from sams club his wife was realer/smarter than him.

It's hard to believe he didn't know but every time he talks he sound like a 45 year old 10th grader that just does **** to appear cool.

Envy is the friend who isn't too bright.

I always thought his wife spoke weird with him present. Like she knows he's not that bright, so she has to speak for him. It's almost like she's speaking for her child at times.

envy knew

I’m willing to bet that’s why he got shot at a while back

prolly got some connected cats to invest and they got burned on some bread and was tryna take his head off

envy is no dummy in terms of not knowing what’s going on but is in terms of thinking he was just gonna go unseen

envy knew

I’m willing to bet that’s why he got shot at a while back

prolly got some connected cats to invest and they got burned on some bread and was tryna take his head off

envy is no dummy in terms of not knowing what’s going on but is in terms of thinking he was just gonna go unseen

When he get shot at?

years ago

it was described as a attempted carjacking

very well could’ve been but never know with envy

That was actually a good discussion on music.

It made me want to watch the Milli Vanilli doc. I'm vaguely familiar with that story.

and I agree partially with Ice. Joe looks at it from a different perspective. These people don't care about being Biggie, Jay-Z or Nas. They don't want to be remembered in 25 years like Tupac. They just want to be rich. They don't love the music, they love the benefits.

It's a look. Look at how JD discovered Kriss Kross. He saw them in a mall and liked their look and did everything else.

Now they know if an artist gets pushed enough they'll go, because everyone are followers with social media.

and the Brent Faiyaz love is baffling to me. Are so many people lacking rhythm that the off key **** is cool? Listening to him grates my ears, much like the Detroit rappers with the off beat ****. The standards are crazy these days, just like the poorly mixed projects.

It made me want to watch the Milli Vanilli doc. I'm vaguely familiar with that story.

and I agree partially with Ice. Joe looks at it from a different perspective. These people don't care about being Biggie, Jay-Z or Nas. They don't want to be remembered in 25 years like Tupac. They just want to be rich. They don't love the music, they love the benefits.

It's a look. Look at how JD discovered Kriss Kross. He saw them in a mall and liked their look and did everything else.

Now they know if an artist gets pushed enough they'll go, because everyone are followers with social media.

and the Brent Faiyaz love is baffling to me. Are so many people lacking rhythm that the off key **** is cool? Listening to him grates my ears, much like the Detroit rappers with the off beat ****. The standards are crazy these days, just like the poorly mixed projects.

i think we oft tend to look at the past w/rose colored glasses…we don’t really know that those names were in it singularly for legacy/longevity/love of the ‘sport’ necessarily, everything is somewhat multi variate, where we are now is, to my mind, a pretty straightforward ‘progression’ of the art form; as it has happen to other forms of art/music…

the economics of the past music business just don’t seem to work the same given the ability to almost literally stream the entirety of all music that’s every been recorded…what it seems happens now is that labels find an artist/person who was developed some following & try to capitalize on that motion/movement, maybe enhance if they see the opportunity. which isn’t to say the people involved now care less or more about the ‘art’ it’s really just that the business has shifted such that the approach must as well…it certainly isn’t the case that getting ‘pushed enough’ will result in profit; social media hasn’t as much fundamentally changed the nature of people being ‘followers’ rather than expose our nature as followers…

the tools at the disposal of those decision makers do offer some clarity to what is working in quantitative/tangible ways but it seems to be less ‘sticky’ such that the connections people today have to artists actual music seems more fleeting

sans the lacking rhythm jab 😂, i’d say you answered your own question there on brent, et. al…especially in the aforementioned context of being able to stream past music that can scratch those itches of craft, but people will still want a contemporary, in the moment representation and given the atomization that is possible now is it really surprising?

and I forgot to mention the Just Blaze convo :rofl:

Mutha****a you knew exactly what you were doing, all the unreleased Jay, Beans, Free and Rick Ross **** we know you have and you drop ****in Slaughterhouse :ohwell:

and you try to make like Mark the 45 King dying made you do it:lol:

It made me remember

Dame had him hot hot. :rofl:

RIP Combat

Detroit is cool and but I agree with everything else.

Partial on Brent Faiyaz. I like him but what’s up with the “R&B” dudes using curse words in their songs. And half these cats don’t sing.

People mention Brent just to be “different” because he’s like the only somewhat still unknown R&B artist.

Peoples ear for music is just terrible. The overall pallet of a 16-30 year old in terms of music is just awful.

The way most of us grew up, we weren’t afraid to call something trash even if it wasn’t the popular thing.

I was calling Gucci man trash for years. Future too. In real time. In peoples face. That’s the issue. We live in a time where fans and musicians don’t like to hold people accountable because they’re so worried about “fitting in”.

I use to argue dudes down in high school about Lil Wayne being trash and never gave damn because I was always on that type of “time”. Like I never used to say or do stuff to fit in. If it doesn’t move me, I just can’t do it.

I still CAN’T wear Nike with Adidas. But that’s the new era. I could never wear a pair of new balances with adidas, etc etc. times are just different but it’s still cool to stick to your laurels

Rap/hip is like the NBA and NFL now. The generation is benefiting from the forefather who laid the groundwork.

Like how Michael Jordan’s last two years are when he made the most ever. 30 million.

These cats have 100-200+ million dollar deals now compared to the smaller amounts dudes made in the 80s and 90s.

That’s hip hop now

Basically the new generation are benefactors so their hunger and mentality is somewhat different

Last edited:
Rap/hip is like the NBA and NFL now. The generation is benefiting from the forefather who laid the groundwork.

Like how Michael Jordan’s last two years are when he made the most ever. 30 million.

These cats have 100-200+ million dollar deals now compared to the smaller amounts dudes made in the 80s and 90s.

That’s hip hop now

Basically the new generation are benefactors so their hunger and mentality is somewhat different

I think it's smoke and mirrors.

Meg probably has one of the highest booking fees and look at her. She complains about money and her contract.

These people aren't making money like they're pretending. They aren't even selling like that and are stuck in the same bad deals. Producers sure as hell aren't making $100,000 a beat.

And also the money in the 80's and 90's. It's inflation. With that money they didn't have to get a $150,000 car and a $100,000 chain like they do now. Their car cost $50,000 and chain $10,000.

It's funny because fans wouldn't want to listen to a rapper not making money like that, so they pretend, but they'll listen to fake thugs.

This whole **** is a facade.

I assume the show money is good for some acts but that **** comes with a lot of risk too. Clubs/ small venues can get sketchy (especially if you market yourself as a gangster rapper).

There are probably a lot more thousandaires than we think.

I think it's smoke and mirrors.

Meg probably has one of the highest booking fees and look at her. She complains about money and her contract.

These people aren't making money like they're pretending. They aren't even selling like that and are stuck in the same bad deals. Producers sure as hell aren't making $100,000 a beat.

And also the money in the 80's and 90's. It's inflation. With that money they didn't have to get a $150,000 car and a $100,000 chain like they do now. Their car cost $50,000 and chain $10,000.

It's funny because fans wouldn't want to listen to a rapper not making money like that, so they pretend, but they'll listen to fake thugs.

This whole **** is a facade.

hasn’t it always been smoke & mirrors to a degree? some things cost more but some things cost less too…

I assume the show money is good for some acts but that **** comes with a lot of risk too. Clubs/ small venues can get sketchy (especially if you market yourself as a gangster rapper).

it probably sketchy regardless of the gangster content, wolves are outchea

It wouldn’t be a stretch to say most rappers don’t have an account with millys in it…Only a few got actual paper like that, the rest got some bread but they show off more than they actually have to spend and don’t even own alotta the flashy stuff the public sees, word to MTV cribs and pimp my ride :lol:

Envy is the friend who isn't too bright.

I always thought his wife spoke weird with him present. Like she knows he's not that bright, so she has to speak for him. It's almost like she's speaking for her child at times.

👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾

I said this months ago. DJ Envy is Charlie from its Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Idiot savant.

This doesn't make the bare minimum boys look good. They felt overworked? Didn't they work like 10 hours a week? Mal didn't even show up for patreon. You can tell weed carrier Mal never had a real job. You wanted more time to post money bags on IG?

I understand Savon and Alex feeling overworked.

Joe talking to an empty chair and firing them on air was :rofl:

Doesn't really make them look bad if it actually made Joe make adjustments with the new crew. Still though he agrees that time before they got disgruntled was the golden era of the pod.

The empty chair firing was classic unhinged Joe moment. I doubt he gets there again but it's possible.

Mero new pod out, and first skit is going at Envy lol

IMG_3014.png

Back
Top Bottom