The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

eek.gif
@ Jeremis Smith's dunk tonight... Cot damn too many of my dudes playin ball around the country right now.
what's up with a&m?
A&M went 36/59 from the FT line tonight. They cost themselves the game tonight. Baylor had 5 foul outs, 4 others with 4 fouls, and the Aggies couldn't capitalize.

Josh Carter is one of the best shooters in the country and he goes 1/10 from the 3 point stripe, DeAndre Jordan was rather underwhelming...
eek.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif

Wow.. can't believe i missed this until now... good stuff... Baylor, i said you guys had to make a splash this week.. well, you have. Congrats Bearbackers.. just think, how great a story would it be for baylor to be dancing this year after all that tragedy just a few years back.. I think they have to beeverybody's team to pull for this year - i mean really, who can hate baylor at this point.. they're so insignificant in all the major sports, you gottapull for them at some point. Can they become NT's college bball post's adopted team for the season after tonight?

Shooty Reynolds let off a few rounds tonight
laugh.gif
5-19... who does he think he is, Chris Lofton?

Oh yeah Hansbrough had 35...mind you 15 came from the stripe

I can't hate on him that much, he plays to his strengths and makes his FT's

Craftsy, I haven't realized until now how bad of a year Lofton is havin

Baylor will be dancing. Scott Drew has done a HELL of a job, and deserves A LOT more recognition for what he's doing down there...

And, where's Fanatic at?
nerd.gif
This girl loves Curtis Jerrells.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Baylor will be dancing. Scott Drew has done a HELL of a job, and deserves A LOT more recognition for what he's doing down there...

I'm not putting them in quite yet... would anybody really be shocked if they were to lose 4 games in a row now? I sure wouldn't.. it's stillbaylor after all
laugh.gif

But they're a solid team - definitely worthy of some sort of post season play... RPI of around 31 and climbing right now looks pretty good - just take careof home now and they should be sitting pretty good.

Yo this is absurd, I wish I could watch it
That game was so damn nerve-racking. I kept putting my jacket on getting ready to leave the stadium, and it just kept getting tied up. DonaldSloan might be the worst PG in the nation at shooting free throws. And A&M might be the worst team in the nation at shooting free throws. Talk about an offgame for the top 3 point shooter in the nation last year....1-10 from the 3-point line is amazing. Nothing like an overrated squad...

.what's up with a&m?

Say it with me....OVERRATED!!
mad.gif
Apparently Turgeon didn't learn in theMissouri Valley Conference that free throws win you ball games.

When Deandre Jordan shoots better than you (I'm talking to you Donald Sloan) from the free throw line, you know you're really bad.

Craftsy, you still so high on the Aggies? 3 straight games against some decent talent, and 3 straight losses...
smh.gif

Highlights on ESPN now

what was the last game to go that long? 02 Gtown/Nd game went to 4 OT, but I can't remember a 5 OT game

Also, I could only watch some of Pitt/St Johns tonight, because St Johns is that bad

Excluding Mason and maybe Burrell, there are a handful of NYC/NJ high school teams with better talent, no joke.

Craftsy, you still so high on the Aggies? 3 straight games against some decent talent, and 3 straight losses...
Negative Nancy...
laugh.gif
The Aggies issues are correctable. It's not like they're suffering for talent and just clearly inferior. Baylor isa good team. Kansas St is a good team. The Aggies shouldn't have lost to Texas Tech, but it's a conference road game against a big rival. With OSU,Texas, Oklahoma and ISU coming up, the Aggies should be able to get back on their feet.

i mean really, who can hate baylor at this point..

Me.

It's not because I have something against Baylor though. You would have to know my friends that go there and how ridiculous they are. I haven't talkedto one of my friends that goes there since the Baylor/A&M football game when he came down here, and he texted me tonight talking !$*%. My other friend hasbeen saying "Baylor's finally gonna turn it around this year. This is their year." for the last 6 years now. Now that they're finally doingit, he's going all crazy and losing his head.

Negative Nancy... The Aggies issues are correctable. It's not like they're suffering for talent and just clearly inferior. Baylor is a good team. Kansas St is a good team. The Aggies shouldn't have lost to Texas Tech, but it's a conference road game against a big rival. With OSU, Texas, Oklahoma and ISU coming up, the Aggies should be able to get back on their feet.
The free throws have been one of the biggest problem all season, and that doesn't seem to be getting fixed. Turgeon needs to have these boysout there at practice shooting at least 500 free throws each every day. Our highest percentage in our 4 losses was like 62.5%. That's terrible.

We're shooting 60.4% from the free throw line on the season. That's damn near impossible to believe for a college team. I'm pretty sure my juniorhigh team shot better than that.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Negative Nancy... The Aggies issues are correctable. It's not like they're suffering for talent and just clearly inferior. Baylor is a good team. Kansas St is a good team. The Aggies shouldn't have lost to Texas Tech, but it's a conference road game against a big rival. With OSU, Texas, Oklahoma and ISU coming up, the Aggies should be able to get back on their feet.
The free throws have been one of the biggest problem all season, and that doesn't seem to be getting fixed. Turgeon needs to have these boys out there at practice shooting at least 500 free throws each every day. Our highest percentage in our 4 losses was like 62.5%. That's terrible.

We're shooting 60.4% from the free throw line on the season. That's damn near impossible to believe for a college team. I'm pretty sure my junior high team shot better than that.

Free throws at the college level and above are not about practice - they're a psychological thing. Shooting 500 per practice is just as likely to makethem miss more than it is make more. It's something the players are going to have to overcome on their own, sorry to say. It's usually contagious too- if one guy start missing when he's a good FT shooter, everybody else will too.. same with makes. All it's going to take is some sort of breakthrough game where they all get some sort of confidence back at the line.

I'm not saying it's no big deal - obviously that's been their Achilles heel in all their losses, sans the tech game.. but the talent andcoaching are there, something many programs can't say right now - they will come around. Maybe your expectations have just been too high with this bunchor something, i don't know what to tell you to calm you down other than, it's a marathon not a sprint... you'd rather lose these games right nowthan in late february or early march - hopefully lessons are being learned from these losses that will make the team better in the weeks to come.

Didn't see anything tonight but....

WOW @ the 5OT game. That's so tough to lose a game like that.

Nova losing to Rutgers bad
laugh.gif
eek.gif

Cinci almost knocking off another good BE team...crazy
eek.gif

Craftsy's squad losing by 22 to Purdue
laugh.gif

St joes now 2-0 against a good Umass team...St joes def can win that conference.....

Besides the early win against Zona, UVA has been BAD...

who was that dude who was a BEAST at Baylor like 5, 6 years ago? i've been trying to remember dude's name ever since i saw the headline about lastnight's game...

Back
Top Bottom