The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Coach K and staff shouldn't have showed up to Monroes house in a limo
laugh.gif

????????

Monroe said Duke Coach Mike Krzyzewski exuded confidencewhen he showed up with assistants Johnny Dawkins and Steve Wojciechowski. "Limousine and everything," Mouzon added. Monroe said that ConnecticutCoach Jim Calhoun and Southern California Coach Tim Floyd also visited his family. Without naming the school, Monroesaid that one program immediately rubbed him the wrong way with its message and that Monroe knew as soon as the meeting was over that there was no chance hewould attend the school.

I'm guessin that one school was USC though
laugh.gif
....but just sayin withthe way Monroe seems to be, a limo isn't impressing him or maybe Wojo being the big man coach.

Monroe said Duke Coach Mike Krzyzewski exuded confidence
when he showed up with assistants Johnny Dawkins and Steve Wojciechowski. "Limousine and everything," Mouzon added. Monroe said that Connecticut
Coach Jim Calhoun and Southern California Coach Tim Floyd also visited his family. Without naming the school, Monroe
said that one program immediately rubbed him the wrong way with its message and that Monroe knew as soon as the meeting was over that there was no chance he
would attend the school.

laugh.gif
....but just sayin with
the way Monroe seems to be, a limo isn't impressing him or maybe Wojo being the big man coach.
i dont get it though, it was three of them..what the N' supposed to pull up in?? a volkswagon beetle
laugh.gif
...it's 3 coaches and im sure there in from out of town and no one probablywanted to drive...i dont understand ...
ohwell.gif

Monroe said Duke Coach Mike Krzyzewski exuded confidence
when he showed up with assistants Johnny Dawkins and Steve Wojciechowski. "Limousine and everything," Mouzon added. Monroe said that Connecticut
Coach Jim Calhoun and Southern California Coach Tim Floyd also visited his family. Without naming the school, Monroe
said that one program immediately rubbed him the wrong way with its message and that Monroe knew as soon as the meeting was over that there was no chance he
would attend the school.

laugh.gif
....but just sayin with
the way Monroe seems to be, a limo isn't impressing him or maybe Wojo being the big man coach.

Thats gay....

umm these Oregon cheerleaders are hardbody....*TD Jakes Voice* JESUSSSSSSS!

Malik Hairston is doin his thing.i was always liked dude but he has had a letdown of a college career

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Bayless was gone anyway...him and BJ can't stand each other

False. They have talked about playing with one another.

Anyway big win tonight and should really give us some confidence through the rest of conference play. Shooting 55% from the field against one of the bestdefensive teams in the country is no easy task.

pimp.gif

/\ yeah 2 years ago...some things transpired in some pickup recently that I wouldnt believe the two still share the same sentiments. Maybe they patched itup...I don't know

Dan Wetzel

CORAL GABLES, Fla. - The noisy debate about who is the best point guard in the country always seems to center around the freshmen - Indiana's EricGordon, Memphis' Derrick Rose and USC's O.J. Mayo.

As a service to those three kiddies, however, perhaps their coaches could get a tape of North Carolina's 98-82 victory here over Miami and show them thefine work of their elder statesman, Tar Heel sophomore Ty Lawson.

Lawson had 23 points, 10 assists, five rebounds and a solitary turnover in a point guard performance that absolutely has to be as good as any thisseason.

Or, at least by Roy Williams' standards, any season, maybe.
[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [size=-2]EMENT[/size]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
b
[/td] [/tr][/table]"I had some great guards at Kansas," Williams said. "Adonis Jordan, Jacque Vaughn, Kirk Hinrich, but nobody I have ever had pushes theball faster in the dribble than Ty does."
Williams also, by the way, coached Raymond Felton at UNC. He led the Tar Heels to no less than the 2005 NCAA title.

Big Tyler Hansbrough had 35 points Wednesday to push the fifth-ranked Heels to 19-1, so no doubt he'll get much of the attention. And that's fineand deserved.

But it was Lawson who had a row of NBA scouts falling over one another with his ability to push the ball up the court before making snap decisions, histeammates better and baskets, seemingly at will.

"That's the best performance by a point guard I've seen all season," said one NBA player personnel director, who under NBA rules can'tdiscuss an underclassman. "That was incredible."

Williams' system is a full-throttle one. He detests any hesitation in the open court, whether it's getting up on offense or back on defense. Hedemands speed, but he also expects minimal mistakes and few turnovers.

It's a dicey combination because while it can score you a ton of points, it also can backfire in a hurry. There is tremendous pressure on the point;without a great one, things fall apart.

In Lawson, a 5-foot, 11-inch burner from Clinton, Md., Williams has found the player seemingly born for his style of play.

"It seems like it," Hansbrough said. "He is the perfect mold for what we want to do, and that's push the ball down the floor andrun."

There couldn't have been a better time for Lawson to have one of his signature games of the season.

Miami had D-Wade and J-Will and other assorted local basketball royalty in the house. Even the students turned out, this being the Carolina game and all, tohelp almost fill the school's on-campus arena.

The Hurricanes (14-4) were hyped and the Tar Heels had just tumbled from their top-ranked perch, causing some of their fans to actually cry on Saturday.

If there ever were a night for one of those snake-pit, emotional upsets that make college basketball so enjoyable, if ever Miami might get one of thosesignificant wins that show a program is on the rise, here it came.

And there Lawson went.

It is possible those star freshmen could have played as well, but it's not likely.

"People are going to talk all they want about who the top point guards are, but you can't talk about them without having Ty in that category,"Hansbrough said. "If I had to pick one guard to play with, it would be him."

What else is he going to say, of course? It's not like Carolina can trade for one of the other guys. But Hansbrough certainly has a point, and it'sfairly amazing that, if anything, the starting point guard for the University of North Carolina is under the radar at this point.

It used to be if you stuck around until your senior year, it meant you weren't that good and didn't deserve too much hype. In today'sinstant-gratification game, that apparently has turned into the sophomore season.

Gordon, Rose and Mayo are all the rage, even partying with Carmelo and taking in Lakers games.

"They're the new kids on the block," Lawson said. "Last year when we came they talked about us. They just talk about them this year.I'm not going to worry about it."

He says he knows Carolina can be really good, championship good. But they are not so good that there is a significant margin for error. Points aren't aproblem, but the defense can be spotty and the outside shooting streaky. Williams still is trying to find a consistent eighth man (obviously, the Heels'problems are of the nitpick variety).

But following a kicked-away loss Saturday to Maryland - "We missed the last four shots and allowed them to score on the last five possessions of thegame. That's about as bad as you can play," Williams said - the question was how the Heels would respond.

Turns out they played about as well as you can play, a talented team led by their high-octane point guard throwing a wet blanket on a Miami coming-out partyin the making.

Ty Lawson is as fast ending a losing streak as he is in the open court.

I don't see how Augustin isn't the best PG in the country at this point, and scouts falling in love with Lawson now? I see one thing, speed. (whichis incredible)

Tywon is the fastest basketball player on the planet right now....seriously. Faster than Banks, faster than Conley, Ford, Rose, all those dudes.

Might be, but until I see a consistent jumper and the ability to run a half court set, I'm not buyin into him being great

I'm all for physical play against Duke, but Washington's antics tonight -
indifferent.gif
tired.gif
...pathetic

how bout you learn to do something besides dunk

yea deron kinda disspointed me.. dude has NBA athleticism. not a horrible shot. but something that can be worked on. he keeps on playin like this and he mightend up in tel aviv.

My personal Power 16 right now...

1. Kansas
2. Memphis
3. UNC
4. UCLA
5. Duke
6. Indiana
7. Wash St.
8. Georgetown
9. Pitt
10. Tennessee
11. Mich St.