The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

did it really sound like that?
The last 2 minutes got better - but even then, I was underwhelmed by their enthusiasm. Like I said though - it could be two things.. first off, there's obvious disappointment from most fans in that situation... they feel like they're supposed to be the 5th ranked team, and this win does very little to erase the bad taste of all the other games this season.. OR, it could also just be that the arena and/or the coverage didn't come across the television and really represent what it was like in there.

I just know that in terms of sheer loudness - it was pretty weak compared to a lot of other big games I've seen broadcasted over the years. Again - could be just a bad sound signal over the TV, but i expected a more energized crowd the last 10 minutes.

Definitely a bad signal. I was at the game vs Villanova on Sat. and when Paul Harris dunked on Dante Cunninngham the place erupted but when I watched thereplay on ESPN360 it wasn't nearly as loud.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

God Illinois sucks
laugh.gif

And I love it. I dislike many teams - but I truly HATE the Illini.

How about my Illinois State Redbirds atop the MVC? Yeah!

There are 6 games on standard cable if you live in NY tonight....at the same time

ESPN, ESPN2, FSN, SNY, MSG, Time Warner Sports
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I am a loser.

There are 6 games on standard cable if you live in NY tonight....at the same time

ESPN, ESPN2, FSN, SNY, MSG, Time Warner Sports
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I am a loser.

No that good stuff
pimp.gif

EDIT- Ucla could be going down to Oregon. Matta and Mbah a Moute are out for the game. Plus Love is from near there and i guess the fans are ready to givehim a ton of !#%+.

Dont worry about losing to St Johns, they came through uconn and pretty much run everything through Mason Jr., just need to play some decent D on him and Pittwill be fine

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

blazinjkid:
i don't understand the "not rushing the court" logic. the majority of the ppl at those games are drunk college kids and that's 100% who does the storming. it's not like wealthy alumni are down there hanging on the !+%*+#% rim and waving "#1" with their fingers at the camera like a damn idiot
laugh.gif
let us college kids be college kids...
No joke, I freaking HATE hearing this. Nothing against you, but I freaking HATE it.

"C'mon, we're just college kids; let us act a fool."

No.

Act like you've got some freaking sense.
laugh.gif

The further away from puberty you are, the less of an allowance you have to rely on excuses like, "Aww, c;'mon... give me a break this time."

then riddle me this Batman: what's the difference between going crazy in your seat (or even at the bar) and going crazy on the court? tearing down fieldgoal posts is one thing...storming the court/field and celebrating with the team is another.
you can go ahead and sit in the stands like this:
ced25d246da4f52348e0ab17abe135644366562.gif

i'll be several beers deep and unabashedly acting like this:
27storm.1841.jpg

This year its Pat Patterson....Next year its Greg Monroe....
Let dude go to G-Town, we're good without him. I like the system we're playing right now and having a true big man would slow us up,especially one who'll want serious touches.
UConn on at 7:30
We startin' to catch a rhythm and we got giant killer Cincinnati. My dudes can't catch a break.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

God Illinois sucks
laugh.gif

And I love it. I dislike many teams - but I truly HATE the Illini.

How about my Illinois State Redbirds atop the MVC? Yeah!

atop? Uh, nah... Drake is 8-0 in the conference, and 8th overall in the RPI right now.. that's unreal for a mid-major conference, even the MVC whosneaks teams into the teens now and again. You are correct however, Illinois State is NEAR the top, it's a three way race this year in the MVC betweenthose two and Creighton, who just lost to Drake last night to take a seat in 3rd place. Both Illinois State and Creighton will need to do a good bit of workto be thinking about an at-large though, a few more conference losses and they slip right out of the conversation in a hurry as this is a very down year forthe missouri valley.

Baylor with a big chance to prove themselves tonight against Texas A&M. A win for them tonight would be real big... A&M can't afford to lose athird straight, though. Should be a good one, too bad it ain't on TV.

Baylor/A&M going down to the wire... Baylor is shooting 33% from the field, and is still in this game. The Aggies are TERRIBLE at the free throw line...
sick.gif
It's pathetic...

Donald Sloan!
eek.gif
We're going to OT in College Station.

Double OT Baby! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And yeah, allen, that's about par for the course this year for the Aggies from the stripe.

Nah, I found it on the radio
laugh.gif
Nothin else got me interested at all tonight, so...

And we're going to Triple OT! Game of the year...

Back
Top Bottom