The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by MBen32

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by dreClark

laugh.gif
The nerve of this turtle fan coming in here disrespecting....

dUKe sucks.
tongue.gif

first a terp now a wildcat?? still bitter from '92?? or are you like the terp fan who's just salty cause your team is just
sick.gif
cats is just talking blasphemy, if duke sucks..then what is uk??
laugh.gif

Nah son, its nothing like that....Me and my dude wildKYcat go back on forth on this sports %!@!...

That's why I didn't even want to bring up my dude Christian Laettner....That was too easy and too early for that one...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

dUKe sucks.
tongue.gif

first a terp now a wildcat?? still bitter from '92?? or are you like the terp fan who's just salty cause your team is just
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Nah son, its nothing like that....Me and my dude wildKYcat go back on forth on this sports %!@!...

That's why I didn't even want to bring up my dude Christian Laettner....That was too easy and too early for that one...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
true...i didn't really want to either..knowing he'll probably bring up '98
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

just look at all that writing posted that stems from a comment not even directed at, or insulting towards Duke's program. i was just giving Maryland props, and then this dude comes out of nowhere like he's personally offended

all i did was make an observation about MD playing well in big ACC games. when you came with such a hostile response out of nowhere, i just had to get under your skin a little, which i did.

the bottom line is i never said anything that wasn't true... Maryland got further than Duke in the most recent NCAA tournament, and for good measure they haven't lost to Duke since 2006. i think its the fact that you are genuinely hurt by those truths that caused you and Crafsty to put in the effort to pull up irrelevant statistics

nah..most of my friends are umd fans(im from maryland) and them being pretty much pathetic since they won it all
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i hear the same argument from you umd fans all the time and this is what it consists of:
*We beat yall twice in '05
*We beat yall in the '04 acc championship and Gilchrist killed yall
mad.gif

*We beat yall last year and went further in the ncaa tournament
*Etc.

to me it's like, is umd that bad as of recent to the point where you guys are content with your season if you beat duke and go further than them in thetournament??
laugh.gif
cause that's what it sounds like..which is prettysad...because the only success yall been having since '02 is beating duke, anything beyond that, i dont hear about umd too much
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

and for the record-
coming back from trailing by 10 with :56 seconds left in '01 AT COLE FIELD HOUSE/coming back from 22 down in the final four in'01>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everytime umd has beaten duke in the regular season or acctournament
wink.gif
tongue.gif

all i did was make an observation about MD playing well in big ACC games. when you came with such a hostile response out of nowhere, i just had to get under your skin a little, which i did.
come on dog, you said umd ran the acc...let's be serious..and that's all there doing is playing well in acc reg season games...against uncand duke..anything beyond that yall some trash fam, jus admit it.
irrelevant statistics
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
those were true statements b.

laugh.gif

dUKe sucks.
tongue.gif

sick.gif
laugh.gif
calm down man, i was kidding hence the "
tongue.gif
"

dUKe's good, i hate everything about the whole damn program, but i'm not an idiot.

bitter from '92? nah, i'm good.

knowing he'll probably bring up '98
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

happy.gif

iqiste.gif
2wnv95d.gif

laugh.gif

revenge for the "stomp." Magloire puttin Wojo in the camel clutch.

sy779v.jpg

dre, that was a low blow man with Jamont Gordon.

2mzm9f9.jpg

after watching that video, i miss Tubby.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
My Dude Jay Will

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
at those vids, bringing back great memories..that '01 teamwas serious business.

Williams, Battier, Boozer, Dunleavy, Duhon, James, Sanders, Horvath..and my man Reggie Love
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
and Dahntay Jones on the sideline due to his transfer from rutgers
smokin.gif

laugh.gif

dUKe sucks.
tongue.gif

sick.gif
laugh.gif
calm down man, i was kidding hence the "
tongue.gif
"

dUKe's good, i hate everything about the whole damn program, but i'm not an idiot.

bitter from '92? nah, i'm good.

yeah it's all good..notice how i had to keep it current and didn't pull the history card like i did with ol' terp fan
laugh.gif
cause kentucky's historical resume is
eek.gif
and i can't front cause anybody who knows me knows that i loved the duke/ukgames back in the '90's and they also know that im usually talking about:
'96 kentucky team>>>>any team including '92,'99, and '01 duke
laugh.gif
smh.gif
at me for admitting that
smh.gif
laugh.gif

While we talking college b-ball, I just saw Jonny Flynn trying to get some pity sex from some asian chick. Don't know if he got in or not but it's adamn shame that you the star and you gotta force yourself on these college chicks.
roll.gif
Should have wene to the party I went to if he wanted some easy (()).

tired.gif
@ my Razorbacks losing to the Georgia Bulldogs on Saturday. PatBeverley played despite a broken jaw and finished with 9 pts.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
happy.gif
to Memphis though. They need the No. # 1 spot on the AP poll after UNC lost.

i know this is the college basketball post, but i just realized something about you 2 dukies...

CLEMSONTIGERSFOOTBALL

14tyfqu.jpg

FLORIDASTATESEMINOLES

2cdwt45.jpg

dance.gif

now we can go back to basketball
lonely.gif

Rell, Was she bad??? At least if she was bad he can MAYBE get excused...MAYBE....

roll.gif

smh.gif
smh.gif

I saw that %#*# coming a mile away...
laugh.gif

She was about a 7 at best. Mind you I was looking at them from the side because I was paying for my food, so she might have been lower than a 7 had I seenher face. The only excuse he has is that he was twisted but I was worse and I had a better night in terms of the ladies than he did.

i know this is the college basketball post, but i just realized something about you 2 dukies...

CLEMSONTIGERSFOOTBALL

14tyfqu.jpg

FLORIDASTATESEMINOLES

2cdwt45.jpg

dance.gif

now we can go back to basketball
lonely.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

+@@+ you wildKYcat.....+@@+ you.....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How the +@@+ did we lose to UK ....
sick.gif

That bowl was a good game though even though y'all won....My boys kept fighiting....that's all I wanted to see...

to me it's like, is umd that bad as of recent to the point where you guys are content with your season if you beat duke and go further than them in the tournament??image cause that's what it sounds like..which is pretty sad...because the only success yall been having since '02 is beating duke, anything beyond that, i dont hear about umd too muchimageimage

Well what are you basing success on? National Championships? Duke hasn't won any since 02 either in case you didn't notice. I'm not going to evenpretend that Maryland's program is on the same level as Duke's, because we all know that historically it's not close. But I think K8be wan Kenobiis just talking about the recent history, which would be the Terps getting further in the tourney and beating Duke last year.

You guys may enjoy this somewhat - just a little look back at a tournament with some big stars from the 90's... and how PSU did them dirty. Since we'rereminiscing and this was in the local paper today
laugh.gif

PSU hoops memories: Cable Car Classic in '95
Lea Asbell-Swanger and Terry Swanger

Editor's note: Penn State Hoops Memories will appear each Saturday during Big Ten basketball season. Choosing the Cable Car Classic Tournament of December1995 as a favorite Penn State basketball memory was pretty easy for us.

It was a wonderful excuse to revisit the San Francisco Bay area where we had honeymooned a few years earlier. Here was a beautiful opportunity to spend NewYear's Eve in San Francisco, return to the Cliff House restaurant for brunch and spend a couple of days in Napa Valley. And we liked our team's chancesin the tourney. Perfect!

All the ingredients for a college hoops classic were there. Georgia Tech brought a national ranking, Atlantic Coast Conference prestige and all-American pointguard Stephon Marbury, to the party. Santa Clara had an all-American candidate of its own named Steve Nash. Bronco fans knew his skills were good enough toshock Marbury, and if everything followed form, those two guards would provide the headline entertainment in the final. Things got interesting when Penn Stateand Bradley demonstrated that they were there to compete, not to provide first-round tune-ups for their marquee opponents.

The Santa Clara contingent started taunting Penn State's Dan Earl during warm-ups about how he was to be "schooled" by Nash. Their constantchants of "Earl! Earl!" faded as Dan harassed Nash into missing one awkward shot after another. Earl seemed to be the teacher on this day as hedominated Nash with totally focused defense, patient offensive possessions and relaxed shooting.

Earl kept teammates Matt Gaudio, Glenn Sekunda, Calvin Booth and Pete Lisicky involved in the offense while he dropped in 17 points of his own. Nash was so offhis game that not only were his shots not falling, he also struggled to distribute the ball effectively or even defend well. Nash finished the game with 6points, missed all for of his 3-point attempts and never shot a free throw.

Penn State led by 10 at the half and was never threatened, winning comfortably, 70-49.
Advertisement
Click here to find out more!

By game's end, the arena had filled with Georgia Tech and Bradley fans. The Tech fans seemed to have looks of concern, perhaps because the tournament'shome team was dispatched so easily. The numerous Bradley fans in attendance cheered for our "upset" of Santa Clara and then enjoyed watching theirBraves refuse to follow predictions as they defeated the highly favored Yellow Jackets.

Hoops fans got their clash of the titan point guards in round two, but it came in the consolation game won by Santa Clara and Steve Nash. It was a roughtournament for the Tech faithful and Marbury.

Penn State defeated a determined and talented Bradley team in the final. The Georgia Tech and Santa Clara fans who stuck around for the game saw a nail biter.Neither team could pull away. Penn State trailed by a point at the half and eventually sealed the win with a Lisicky 3-pointer at the 1:19 mark.

No one taunted Earl as he dished out nine more assists against Bradley. Even so, not many in the room that night would predict that this Nittany Lion teamwould climb as high as No. 9 in the polls and finish second in the Big Ten by season's end.

This tournament is a favorite memory because it foretold the special season that was to come. This Nittany Lion team could play with anyone, and we saw DanEarl play perhaps the most complete 40-minute game we'll ever see. It's a special treat to have him back as a coach.

So like - most of the top 25 lost this week... which i think it's it pretty clear what we were talking about earlier last week - Outside of the top 2 teams(memphis and kansas) everything else is pretty wide open. There's a solid second tier there (ucla, duke, unc, tenn, etc) but there's a lot of teams inthat second tier. Makes things really interesting when considering potential tournament matchups.. we could have some amazing 2nd round games.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

So like - most of the top 25 lost this week... which i think it's it pretty clear what we were talking about earlier last week - Outside of the top 2 teams (memphis and kansas) everything else is pretty wide open. There's a solid second tier there (ucla, duke, unc, tenn, etc) but there's a lot of teams in that second tier. Makes things really interesting when considering potential tournament matchups.. we could have some amazing 2nd round games.

Yea really nothing is predictable.

Cinci beating L'Ville and Pitt. Yeah and Syracuse
roll.gif

until Kansas can live up to their potential and actually do something in March when it matters, they're on my fraudulent list. and yes, i'm mad thatthey perennially choke and %!%+ up my bracket.

Back
Top Bottom