The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by OUChrisLitt

Crafsty -- I'm sorry, I find that sort of ironic coming from you. A STEELERS fan. The team with the absolute king of "Mr. Tough Guy" at his position. You know exactly who I'm talking about.

Hansbrough is just one of those guys people hate if they aren't on their team. The whole "hustle" and "toughness" thing wears on opposing fans, but he gets it done.

Ive been saying for the longest that dude isn't a pro.
And that's just it. Who gives a damn if he's a pro? I think some time in the late 90s, people lost the ability to just appreciate a really freaking great college player. If they weren't projecting to the L, then they weren't $)#*$.

Re: Davidson-Duke. Davidson couldn't be playing any worse. At this rate, I'll end up writing a "How to not upset a top 10 team" story.

Thank You. I just don't even try to defend him anymore, theres no point. It's like people take it personal. No, he probably won't see asecond in the NBA, but this is college basketball and he is what he is, a great college player and a great competitor period. I used to hate Laettner andRedick just as much people hate Tyler, but I never denied that those guys were great college guys.

Also, it's like a mid-major tour de force here on press row. Me and Whelliston.
nice
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JND1

Originally Posted by OUChrisLitt

Crafsty -- I'm sorry, I find that sort of ironic coming from you. A STEELERS fan. The team with the absolute king of "Mr. Tough Guy" at his position. You know exactly who I'm talking about.

Hansbrough is just one of those guys people hate if they aren't on their team. The whole "hustle" and "toughness" thing wears on opposing fans, but he gets it done.

Ive been saying for the longest that dude isn't a pro.
And that's just it. Who gives a damn if he's a pro? I think some time in the late 90s, people lost the ability to just appreciate a really freaking great college player. If they weren't projecting to the L, then they weren't $)#*$.

Re: Davidson-Duke. Davidson couldn't be playing any worse. At this rate, I'll end up writing a "How to not upset a top 10 team" story.

Thank You. I just don't even try to defend him anymore, theres no point. It's like people take it personal. No, he probably won't see a second in the NBA, but this is college basketball and he is what he is, a great college player and a great competitor period. I used to hate Laettner and Redick just as much people hate Tyler, but I never denied that those guys were great college guys.

It isnt even about that though.....he has regressed as a player

I think Georgetown regressed as a team this year. They are looking really bad so far.
Must have missed the Michigan game and how we went in into Old Dominion on Wednseday.

An emotional game on the road against Ball State was close...I see nothing wrong with the way we've performed, considering...

The past 2 years we play our best ball when it counts. We dropped out of the top 25 last december after being preseason top 10.

I'm not sayin we've looked all that good, we haven't but..

Opponents points in 5 games

The defense is there, the offense will be soon.

Alabama is a test on Wednesday

More on Hansbrough...

He can't defend, can't put the ball on the floor..You can'isolate him on the block and throw an entry pass and let him go to work. Far, far fromhaving any fundamentals.

He's good at two things, getting loose balls and getting to the line.

Originally Posted by JND1

bballah3 wrote:
It isnt even about that though.....he has regressed as a player

Care to elaborate?

Whats there to elaborate? How has he improved sine his freshman year? He definitely hasn't improved as a basketball player....He still has ZERO postmoves....no jumpshot.....can only post up and score from one side of the block....terrible passer (check how many assists he has).... Seriously he has nobusiness being anywhere but 5 feet from the basket and can easily be taken out of the game on the offensive end....

But dude can still get to the hoop and get fouled as well as anyone in the country and rebounds like a monster

Originally Posted by allen3xis

More on Hansbrough...

laugh.gif
You talk about dude more than GTown. I'm not even going tobother anymore, I'll let you guys have it.

Danny Green did work today
pimp.gif

Now Louisville is always under performing.

Great recruiting and everything, but they always lose or barely win.

The beat Miami(OH) today by 3 points. Not to mention the score was

47-44
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SCuse7

47-44
laugh.gif

Don't sleep on Miami - they might end up being the best mid-major in the country this year outside of Gonzaga and Butler (whom i don't reallyconsider MM's anymore)..

Speaking of Louisville is Derrick Character playing? I havent seen any games at all.....

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

47-44
laugh.gif

Don't sleep on Miami - they might end up being the best mid-major in the country this year outside of Gonzaga and Butler (whom i don't really consider MM's anymore)..

Yeah i know. But still L'Ville is ranked 12th. They lost to BYU already. I know both these teams are good, but when you are predicted to be this good.You come out and play like crap. I am just not a believer of them.

Yeah and Derrick is playing. He is averaging something like 13 a game. He is playing pretty well.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

47-44
laugh.gif

Don't sleep on Miami - they might end up being the best mid-major in the country this year outside of Gonzaga and Butler (whom i don't really consider MM's anymore)..

Yeah i know. But still L'Ville is ranked 12th. They lost to BYU already. I know both these teams are good, but when you are predicted to be this good. You come out and play like crap. I am just not a believer of them.

Yeah and Derrick is playing. He is averaging something like 13 a game. He is playing pretty well.

I agree - the 12th ranked team in the country should do better than that... definitely don't think L-Ville is the 12th best team in the country rightnow though, more like 24th-ish..

Spent a little bit of time talking to DeMarcus Nelson about Jordans after the game. I'll post something about it on Monday or Tuesday on the site.

Tommy Amaker just got back at Michigan...

Harvard: 62
Michigan: 51

I want to know what his pre-game speech sounded like...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
at michigan... they'll be good in a few years though, Beilein is too good.

This Butler/OSU game is right up my alley...
smile.gif

edit: this is unbelievable how bad butler is shooting
laugh.gif
... 3 minutesleft in the half, still haven't hit a three (which you should know by now, they live and die with)... i think they're like 0-15 right now.. somehowthey're still only down 10 though, so it's not over if they can get some shots to drop.. I've seen them shoot bad before, but this is unreal.

WOW what happened with this Provy/BC game. 20 mins ago Provy was up 20 and I turn it back on and see BC up 3 with a min left smh.

Big win for Provy after losing that huge lead

St Marys took care of Seton Hall. Haven't got to see them play yet but 6-0 with wins against Oregon and SHU...wonder if they could be better than Zaga(whodidn't impress me against Uconn or St joes)

Ohio st-Butler is def a good one Craftsy...

AIYO! Butler down 10 at the half, end up winning by 19....
eek.gif
!!!

I gotta make it to see Butler play a game in person sometime at that little place in indiana... my favorite team in the country to watch.. i'm predicting afinal four run for them, they got that kinda magic working. You heard it here first.
smile.gif

Can't believe Provy hung on to win that game... (do provy and the zags play now or was this just a 1 game double header? i'm assuming they don'tplay each other, those tournies are all over now and the zags were already in their alloted tourney for the year, but it'd be cool if they did)

Also - can't wait to see St. Mary's v Zaga... i'm not entirely sold on the zags yet, their guard play leaves something to be desired still for me..and it's nothing against Pargo and Boulding, but they lack a true point guard still.. the rest of that squad is NICE though, hope they get heyltvelt backsooner rather than later, this is a stacked team with him in there too.

Lastly - great game coming on now, the Eric Gordon show (indiana) vs Southern Illinois (who looked like crap the only game i saw them this year)... I like theHoosiers in this one, but it's awesome to see two big ten teams travel on the road to play at the buildings of powerhouse mid-majors... props to bothIndiana and OSU for doing so.

Butler wrecked.

This is not helping our SOS or RPI. We need OSU to get some W's.

Okay so i dont think i care about any other college ball game this week besides Memphis vs. USC on Tuesday...this is gonna be a great one get yourtivo. cuz you know oj gonna bring it and do will Pooh.

Butler's gym is incredible. And that's exactly what it is, a gym. If you've ever seen the movie Hoosiers, the state finals were in HinkleFieldhouse.

Indiana surprised me tonight, they manhandled SIU on the road where SIU had a 15-game home win streak

Back
Top Bottom