The College Basketball Post

Totally off track, but anyone know if Duke (or Davidson) has any shoeheads on the team? I ask because, like I said before, I'll be at the game, and ifthere is anyone into kicks on the teams, it would allow me to kill two birds with one stone in terms of stories.

Originally Posted by PACMAN301

laugh.gif
. NOW do people still think OJ Mayo > Gordon?
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

I do

^^Wanna compare stats henz0? Eric Gordon is strong with the ball when he drives unlike OJ Mayo.

honestly oj mayo hasn't really impressed me much... he's got the million dollar smile, and when he plays you can sense that he has the athletic abilityand talent to just smash on the competetion, but i have yet to see him play with a passion for the game. dude is playing like he got it made already with allthe jumpers he takes, acting like he ain't tryna get hurt before he goes to the nba... when really, as far as i'm concerned, he hasn't proved %##@yet. dude needs to start playing hungry and start putting the ball on the floor and taking it to the rack more and then maybe we'll see what all the hypeis about.

Originally Posted by realmc

honestly oj mayo hasn't really impressed me much... he's got the million dollar smile, and when he plays you can sense that he has the athletic ability and talent to just smash on the competetion, but i have yet to see him play with a passion for the game. dude is playing like he got it made already with all the jumpers he takes, acting like he ain't tryna get hurt before he goes to the nba... when really, as far as i'm concerned, he hasn't proved %##@ yet. dude needs to start playing hungry and start putting the ball on the floor and taking it to the rack more and then maybe we'll see what all the hype is about.

I agree - i've been more impressed with the other freshmen on USC honestly. They're aggressive and athletic... could be a scarier team AFTER Mayoleaves.

You can tell when you watch him that he's talented.. but you can also tell he's not really trying his hardest.. kind of annoying.

Hansbrough is a joke

see what happens when he doesn't get the calls...ges his shots blocked and shoots 6-19 from close rage

Turned on the 'Cuse game last night, heard the accent and was happy to see Mike Jarvis in the booth.

Travis Ford is like Rick Pitino Jr. the way he has UMass just jacking up 3's at any point in the possession. If there shots are falling I think they aregoing to be a team that contends for the A-10 title. Lack of size will hurt them though.

How tall is Donte Green? Jarvis said 6'10-6'11 but I was under the impression that he was closer to 6'8. Flynn played a hell of a game last nightand he is after a few games everything they expected Josh Wright to be.

Tough to see the alma mater get blown out by UCLA but didnt really think they had a shot.

I think Donte' is like 6'8 6'9 TOPPS....

A-10 is gonna be exciting this year w/ Xavier, Umass and ST. Joe.....Let's not forget about the Bonnies...

I was loving every second of Hansbrough not getting all the calls....

Stout and Dunston from Fordham are real good and URI is improved also...although the program is improving...I don't see Umass being as good as last yearwithout Freeman and Lasme

Greene is around the 6'8, 6'9 mark.

And Jim B. needs to start being more strict with the freshman. From games I'v seen he just gives Greene and Flynn pats on the back and just is like'it's ok, maybe shoot 8 threes instead of 9' type crap. And then he yells at Paul and the older guys all game

They needed a reality check, I guess the whooping from OSU wasn't enough. They better play D or it's NIT again

Let's not forget about the Bonnies
eek.gif
what you know bout the bonnies?! they've been myfavorite team forever, and i follow them religiously. i was just at the niagara game, lost by 5.
frown.gif

1579930.jpeg

mike lee is a beast! double double machine. all a-10 first team this yr
pimp.gif

Grenne is around 6-10.

Su played awful. They don't play any defense and it was really tough to watch that with the damn ref last night.

No excuse but it was awful to lose like that.

D James is 5-6, 10 minutes in...incredible

I actually am pulling for him, he has too much talent to end up as Chris Thomas 2.0

Mcneal had 16 and 10.

There are a ton of good games today.

Duke VS Davidson

Kentucky VS North Carolina
pimp.gif

Uconn VS Gonzaga

Ohio St. VS Butler

Indiana VS Southern Illinois

Boston College VS Providence.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Hansbrough is a joke

see what happens when he doesn't get the calls...ges his shots blocked and shoots 6-19 from close rage

Please tell me it didn't take you this long to figure this out. Hansborough is a hard worker. I'll give him that. But he gets bailed out so manytimes by the refs it's disgusting. He constantly travels. He constantly is the beneficiary of phantom calls. Put Hansborough up against a good defender anda crew that isn't composed of ACC refs, and he'll get murked every time.

I've figured this out since last year...

I gave him the benefit of the doubt to imrpove skillwise after freshman year.

He hasn't

Re: Hansbrough...you'd all kill to have a big who gets to the line and converts free throws the way he does.

I'm at the Davidson-Duke game. Once again Davidson with a killer crowd. This is such a big deal for them to be able to get what are essentially two homegames against top 10 teams. Oh, and in reference to one of my previous posts, Nelson is wearing XIVs today. No Flint XIIIs. But still, the only Dukie on thefloor with Jordans it appears.

Hansbrough...you'd all kill to have a big who gets to the line and converts free throws the way he does.
Agreed - but i think we're mostly all under the impression that he wouldn't get those calls under different circumstances.. just getsreally annoying to have to hear about how great he is when we all realize he's a garbage player... and i mean that in the non-literal sense, all hisbaskets are clean-up ones off misses and free throws... Can't deny his hustle and his heart, but man is his game ugly.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Hansbrough...you'd all kill to have a big who gets to the line and converts free throws the way he does.
Agreed - but i think we're mostly all under the impression that he wouldn't get those calls under different circumstances.. just gets really annoying to have to hear about how great he is when we all realize he's a garbage player... and i mean that in the non-literal sense, all his baskets are clean-up ones off misses and free throws... Can't deny his hustle and his heart, but man is his game ugly.

PREACH! You gotta love his effort though...
Ive been saying for the longest that dude isn't a pro....every time he makes a "post move" its always from the right block.....I dontunderstand how he hasnt improved at all since his JUNIOR YEAR IN HIGH SCHOOL. He is the exact same player, only stronger.

Crafsty -- I'm sorry, I find that sort of ironic coming from you. A STEELERS fan. The team with the absolute king of "Mr. Tough Guy" at hisposition. You know exactly who I'm talking about.

Hansbrough is just one of those guys people hate if they aren't on their team. The whole "hustle" and "toughness" thing wears onopposing fans, but he gets it done.

Ive been saying for the longest that dude isn't a pro.
And that's just it. Who gives a damn if he's a pro? I think some time in the late 90s, people lost the ability to just appreciate a reallyfreaking great college player. If they weren't projecting to the L, then they weren't $)#*$.

Re: Davidson-Duke. Davidson couldn't be playing any worse. At this rate, I'll end up writing a "How to not upset a top 10 team" story.

KU...USC tomorrow. We better come prepared to play our USC could run us right out of the gym.

Crafsty -- I'm sorry, I find that sort of ironic coming from you. A STEELERS fan. The team with the absolute king of "Mr. Tough Guy" at his position. You know exactly who I'm talking about.
laugh.gif
well two things... one, in football i like tough guys over finesse, usually, but in basketball the guys who just want to out-muscle andout-hustle get annoying sometimes, i like a prettier game like butler's... and Hines is not only tough, but he has a lot of finesse in his game too when hehas the ball in his hands.

Hansbrough is just one of those guys people hate if they aren't on their team. The whole "hustle" and "toughness" thing wears on opposing fans, but he gets it done.
I agree - i wouldn't mind him so much if he was on my team.. But again, i'm not really knocking the kid personally (nor do i really findUNC all that bad a program most of the time, it's the fans that annoy me most)... I just think he's really irritating to watch play.. the facialexpressions, the flopping around and flailing his arms.. Just not my cup of tea, that's all.

But he gets it done one way or another.. so i guess that's good enough.

Back
Top Bottom