The College Basketball Post

pimp.gif
roll.gif

I bet UNC fans are mad they gotta play BYU instead of Louisville now.

FSU beat Florida by 14.

UT up 6 vs. West Virginia with about 7 mins to play.

no one else watching ball tonight???

Lofton just took a 30 footer with 55 secs left, missed, WV ball down by 2.

I'm watching Vandy play Utah St on CSTV. Looks like we're starting to play. I wish we played some real teams in our OOC schedule, but oh well.

Lofton missed 2 FT's with 20 secs left, WV came down and hit a 3. UT up 1 with the ball and 15 secs left. the game is on Versus.

Tennessee is gonna escape with that W. That was a RECKLESS shot on the part of WVU, shooting an off-balance 3

I only caught the Cuse game today, got to see lil Johnny play an entire game finally. He looked good out there runing the offense. I was actually impressedwith Deifendorf playing under control 97% of the time. They looked decent today.

I can't wait to watch Miami (OH) vs. USC.

Just for Craftsty...

skeletor04062005.jpg
=
72615729.jpg

I kid. I totally can't take credit for that, saw it on an Ohio message board. But seriously, one of my favorite coaches in the land.

Miami (OH) is no slouch...I played against the big man from their team back in high school (Pollitz), he should be MAC Playerof the Year this year.

As I head to bed a few notes...

DeAndre Jordan is IMPRESSIVE... can't believe A&M just smacked the hell out of OSU today.

Florida State > Florida in something, finally. Though that could be temporary, Florida is going to be getting better every game this year.

Gordon dropped 31 today.. Beasely a mere 31 and 13
laugh.gif
... unreal what these guys are doing.

Butler with another impressive win today vs VT in alaska.. they are kings of these tip-off tournaments the last two years. Was hoping to see a Zaga/Butlerfinal up there, in a sort of faux-midmajor championship, but Zags aren't holding up their end of the deal right now, down 15 with 13 minutes left to TexasTech (in a rematch of a heartbreaking game for me to watch in the tournament a few years ago).

No real huge games tomorrow.. but Sunday we get Kansas/Zona.. basically an all mcdonalds all-american underwhelmers game... two schools that have completelydisappointed the last few seasons with heaps of talent at their disposal. One of them has to win.

My friend just sent me this message: There have never been teams with two stars who are less alike (Tim Politz and O.J. Mayo). It's like the typewriter andthe iPhone.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

pimp.gif
roll.gif

smh.gif
Louisville losing killed our OOC schedule. We are starting to get ittogether in this ODU game. I didn't watch the BYU earlier but it looks like they had 2 guys doing most of the damage, but we'll see what's uptomorrow assuming we win tonight. I'd much rather be playing a Louisville squad with that nice little number beside their name.

Originally Posted by JND1

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

pimp.gif
roll.gif

smh.gif
Louisville losing killed our OOC schedule. We are starting to get it together in this ODU game. I didn't watch the BYU earlier but it looks like they had 2 guys doing most of the damage, but we'll see what's up tomorrow assuming we win tonight. I'd much rather be playing a Louisville squad with that nice little number beside their name.

Shouldn't really look at it that way - in terms of RPI the BYU win might be just as useful. L-Ville could end up being top 10 or so in RPI, butchances are that BYU will be top 30 somewhere in terms of RPI by season's end as they are one of the favorites in the mountain west again... game won'thurt your RPI at all as far as i'm concerned.

BYU is a tourney team. Don't sweat it.

Too bad Miami couldn't hold on last night. If they were to match up against SIU, they might literally take the air out of the ball. It would be like 12-10,final score.

It's so pathetic that I'm COMPETELY jealous that Butler isn't my home team. Man, I could watch them play all night... such genius, such smartplay.. they have so many great offensive sets, it's bliss watching them as a fan of the game. They've become my new "gonzaga"... meaning, Ipull for them all the time and watch every single game that's on TV because I just have to catch them now. I could easily see them becoming the zags of themidwest, permanently shaking off the mid-major tag and pulling in huge recruits.. but honestly, they don't even need the huge recruits, just smart guysthat can shoot the ball.

Don't get me wrong - like mentioned before, their style of play can fail them sometimes, and it will.. they'll lose some mystery games, but whenthey're at full speed, MY GOD.. good luck beating them, i don't know if you can.

There goes our ranking
alien.gif

I know it's early, but it sucks to lose a game where you get outhustled.

Some thoughts since Tuesday

- DeAndre Jordan has the most upside of any freshman in the country.

- Donte Greene can't play D and all he does is shoot. Devo and Paul are the heart of that team even if Donte and Flynn get all the pub

- Devendorf seems humbled this year and is playing a team game.

- Taylor king is so one dimensional it's not even funny...but that one thing he does very well.

- Every year we look at UNC as dominant...when actually they just continue to underachieve it seems. They still won tho..

- Hansbrough...when the whistle goes silent..so does he

- That was the Okie St I expected to see in the latter parts of Maui

- Scottie Reynolds tries too hard..same with Dominic James

- Kevin Love again, does not translate well to the next level.

- Wash St is gona get caught in one of these early season games..they shoulda already

- Oj Mayo is welcomed to the world of good defense tonight

- Jerryd Bayless too

- Geary Claxton can play for anyone....add to PSU...cmon Talor

- Quentin Thomas and Bobby Frasor.....still suck

- Michigan State is just an odd team

- Gonzo has Seton Hall headed in the right direction

- Jason Thompson is the real deal

Lastly

- Georgetown signed Hollis Thompson...you're not going head to head with a Gtown priority and winning at this point

Hollis is superrrrrr overrated but good get.

Class of 09 =
sick.gif

Anyway ill be happy if we are competitive to be honest.

Go cats!

Arizona is garbage. Is the last thing they practice defense?

Hopefully Lute doesn't come back.......he hasnt been able to coach for 5 years.

You all know his son is dying of AIDS, right? My prayers go out to him and his family.

Back
Top Bottom