The College Basketball Post

Jamaal stay tryna get them shooting fouls. :lol: :smh:

Also:

:pimp:

Good win by SDSU. Jamaal's dunk though. :lol: :smh:

Why does Larry Drew wear baggy *** shorts? Damn near look like capris.

Not shocked by Kansas. They play down to there competition. Always been that way.

I wouldnt be shocked if they come out sunday and win by 15 over UNC.

Two 16 seeds almost won this season. I'm calling it next season will finally be that year it happens

I honesty don't get why any NBA team would want Shabazz

don't see it either

Offensive players tend to look much worse than they really are under Howland. Not saying that SM is going to be a stud in the NBA or anything, but did any of you think Russell Westbrook or Jrue Holliday would be this good? Of course not. Player's offensive games are restricted by Howland.

Offensive players tend to look much worse than they really are under Howland. Not saying that SM is going to be a stud in the NBA or anything, but did any of you think Russell Westbrook or Jrue Holliday would be this good? Of course not. Player's offensive games are restricted by Howland.

Just reading this it amazes me he had his job for so long, you are essentially saying his teams have been successful in spite of him. :lol:

Ist that the exact opposite of the job of a coach?

Really it doesn't matter, Jordan adams or no Jordan Adams, Minnesota is a terrible match up, they would have gotten waxed no matter what.

Yeah but they actually had ability which was obvious IMO a lot more with Russell. Russell was extremely athletic and although he was raw, the ability was there. Same with Jrue.

Shabazz? Not so much. He doesn't do anything well considering where his projection is for this year's draft. Just posted it in the NBA thread. What does he do so well that suggest that he's a 1st round pick? He doesn't create, he isn't athletic, he plays over 30 minutes a game and doesn't even average ONE assist, He's a streaky shooter at best, and is small for his position. What does he do good?

I noticed..basically all the upsets occurred in the East and West regions.

Minny, Florida GC and Oregon were the only lower seeds to win in the South and North regions.

I'm pissed because Oregon and G'Town were my the only picks I got wrong in the East and West regions. South and North KILLED me.

Just reading this it amazes me he had his job for so long, you are essentially saying his teams have been successful in spite of him. :lol:

Really it doesn't matter, Jordan adams or no Jordan Adams, Minnesota is a terrible match up, they would have gotten waxed no matter what.

Dude has a grinding style. First few years were amazing since he found the perfect defensive minded hustle players who fit into his system (Farmar, Collison, Afflalo, Westbrook, Mbah a Moute). Even though none of them were really wow players coming out of HS, his style fitted them perfectly. Once those core defensive guys left he started picking up All-Americans consistently who couldn't give a rats *** about playing games that ended up 54 - 52. I don't think that's ever been as evident as this game.

Well....I'm not necessarily saying that. Howland is a pretty good recruiter, and he typically installs a toughness on D that was missing at UCLA before he got there. But he doesnt let his player's offensive games flourish. Thats really all I'm saying.

Yeah but they actually had ability which was obvious IMO a lot more with Russell. Russell was extremely athletic and although he was raw, the ability was there. Same with Jrue.

Shabazz? Not so much. He doesn't do anything well considering where his projection is for this year's draft. Just posted it in the NBA thread. What does he do so well that suggest that he's a 1st round pick? He doesn't create, he isn't athletic, he plays over 30 minutes a game and doesn't even average ONE assist, He's a streaky shooter at best, and is small for his position. What does he do good?

I dont really disagree with this....nor was I comparing Russ/Jrue with Shabazz as far as skill level goes. I was simply saying that its a reoccurring pattern with UCLA players. I have been really disappointed with Shabazz's skillset considering all the hype he had when coming to UCLA. He is no where near the player I thought he was going to be. Although again, I wouldnt be surprised if he actually develops into a solid-good player in the NBA.

Back
Top Bottom