The College Basketball Post

Nik and GRIII :smokin

(but for real, these guys stepped into a picture perfect situation and a majority of Michigan fans - who really only know football, its been too long since we've have a good bball team - are hyping them to astronomical levels)

Arkansas is a great test today. Kudos to Belein for scheduling this home and home. Playing against the "40 minutes of hell" defense at this point in the season is great for tournament experience and tight situations down the road. Time to avenge last years loss.

I'm getting my Pac-12 fix in today:

Arizona/Clemson
Colorado/Kansas
UCLA/Texas
Illinois/Gonzaga (close enough)

Good victory against a pretty talented CU team. Really like Boyle and he has that program headed in the right direction.

When this team is dialed in and focused they are scary. Still have a tendency to settle for outside jumpers a little to much for my liking, I really don't like our scoring droughts we tend to go on but we are improving with every game.

Game looming against the Buckeyes will be a nice, early season test to see where exactly we are as a team.

UCLA is disgusting on defense, part of it is being slow but the other is just not giving a damn.

Another good win for my boys against Temple 
pimp.gif

No way East Tennessee St. is this bad :x :smh: . This game is not about to get us ready for the ACC at all :smh:

Last edited:
MCW :x

15 pts 16 assists 5 steals 4 blocks 3 boards in 26 minutes...POY 10 games into the season.

Last edited:
I went to the National Hoops Festival in Maryland today. A lot of good basketball a couple of kids got posterized. Andrew Wiggins got a fast break dunk during his game and I can honestly say I have never ever seen anyone get that high in my life. His head was at rim level off two feet. Huntington prep was playing sloppy in the first half and kept it close but they have so much size and athleticism that they could beat most college teams so they ended up winning. Huntington prep also played their point guard at the bottom of their 1-3-1 zone which I found strange. Did see Shaka Smart, Mark Gottfried, a couple of other coaches and everyone's favorite walk on Wes Miller. PVI beat oak hill in double overtime as well.

Kentucky wasn't doing too hot, but what can ya expect from all Freshman? It had to happen sometime, being kicked out of the top 25 was harsh.

Brandon Paul went from pretending to be CP3 cousin outta HS to a solid player 
nthat.gif

nice win for the illinois

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom