The College Basketball Post

Austin gave y’all that game winner at chapel hill on my birthday that they replay over and over again :lol:

He was lowkey better than jabari

Name anything else “subzero” did? :lol:

I’m forever thankful for that game but still.

Jabari had the highest scoring season of any Duke freshman until Bagley broke it last year.

Back to the mixtape talk, John Wall>>>>>>

CJ Leslie
Bishop Daniels
D-One
Hanner Perea had me fooled
Ike Nwamu>Quincy>Deuce

And spacedoodoo spacedoodoo Ryan Kelly and Madison Jones are the only ones coming to mind from that era

I’ll always appreciate Ike Nwamu for helping Mercer bounce that Jabari duke squad outta the tournament

They lost in Raleigh! :lol:

Yea I’m sure. Didn’t he kicked off the team for drunk driving?

Dude always been a wild guy. But he’s mellowed out now since I’ve seen him.

You act like such a female in threads you can't claim yourself as "The Don"

Lawlz I never termed myself that, it was a running joke in The Yamb Thread (you would get it if you were an OG in there).

In terms of being a “female”, I tend to think I’m quite a helpful NTer. I throw the annual Secret Santa, hold DC happy hours and have made quite a few friends from NT in real life - bonds for life.@MVP @nako xl @suberzat1 will all be at my wedding. Hoping woody2626 woody2626 can make it too.

No idea where this is coming from, I’ve always liked you as a poster. I’m probably the number one Dukie who doesn’t talk about Duke in here (or Woody).

Last edited:
Lawlz I never termed myself that, it was a running joke in The Yamb Thread (you would get it if you were an OG in there).

In terms of being a “female”, I tend to think I’m quite a helpful NTer. I throw the annual Secret Santa, hold DC happy hours and have made quite a few friends from NT in real life - bonds for life.@MVP @nako xl @suberzat1 will all be at my wedding. Hoping woody2626 woody2626 can make it too.

No idea where this is coming from, I’ve always liked you as a poster. I’m probably the number one Dukie who doesn’t talk about Duke in here (or Woody).
I just wanna get that bolded piece on record. I apologize if I've been aggressive. I think I just get annoyed when I see all the "anti-curse" Duke talk you constantly post instead of you just being an unabashed Duke fan. We all know you in here, no need to act like you're a UNC fan.

I really don't post in here much anymore unless I've been drinking (which has admittedly been an issue with my new role the past few months and having to travel on weeks I should be home), so I've tended to be a bit more aggressive in my posts lately. I apologize for that. I think drunk me likes to see what kind of rise I can get out of people...but then sober me reads the thread the next day like "oh damn, I hope people skipped that." I'll try to start only posting when I have something to actually contribute moving forward.

But we really do need Nolan back in here. Mr. Nationwide Nolan needs to stop big-timing us.

BTW, I've also met up with some good dudes from NT during my travels. Shout out to @firered18 (Knoxville and Ann Arbor) and @dacomeup (Ann Arbor). Sonny Corinthos Sonny Corinthos PMd me about moving to Dallas then never responded. I constantly google "Florida Man" to keep up to date on his whereabouts.

Last edited:
Not sure if this was posted, but 3/26/19 was the 40th anniversary of Bird vs. Johnson in the 79 finals. Is Bird with Indiana State the old version of Gordon Hayward taking Butler to the championship against Duke?

Not sure if this was posted, but 3/26/19 was the 40th anniversary of Bird vs. Johnson in the 79 finals. Is Bird with Indiana State the old version of Gordon Hayward taking Butler to the championship against Duke?
As far as being a random team out of the blue, yeah.

Hard pressed to believe something like that will happen again. Butler had only made the tourney 9 times prior to that year, but they randomly had 2 NBA players, 1 of which would be a future all-star, and a 34 year old coach that would go on to being one of the better coaches in the NBA.

You can call anybody whatever bad word you want on the UF board I post on . I've even got nasty with the mods and haven't been banned yet , they just curse right back

Since you mentioned the 1979 game, I recently ran into Mike Brkovich who played on that 1979 MSU title team. He owns a brewery in Windsor, Ontario. Super nice guy and successful in business.
Still one of my favorite Sports Illustrated covers as well.

MB.jpg MJ.PNG

Last edited:
Zags look like clearly the better team but are letting FSU hang in there. Those deep 3s also keeping FSU close.

Back
Top Bottom