The College Basketball Post

If Booker goes in the first round, check for me in the 2nd round. I'll be wearing a NT fitted.

I don't think Cal isn't a good coach, but the talent that Cal gets is usually much better than that at Duke.
The annoying thing is you keep saying things that are flat out wrong.
laugh.gif

Lets take this year.

Tyus and Jahlil were ranked ahead of Towns and Lyles Justice ranked ahead of Booker and Grayson ranked ahead of ulis on most boards
laugh.gif

In the past coach K has had just as much elite talent, Rivers, Kyrie, Jabari, Mason Plumlee and once you factor in the fact that the Duke mid teir recruits stay longer and are older cuts away at any advantage in talent.

never mind the fact that Cal tries to recruit the best NBA prospects, rather than the best college prospects, there are guys like Kyle Singler, Nolan Smith, Scheyer who were better in college than 95% of Kentucky guys.

and never mind the guys with talent that Coach K just buries, you never see Cal do that because Cal finds ways to make them play better than they are.

the Twins are a perfect example.

You want to push this coach cal bad coach good recruiter horse **** irrespective of reality.
Never said he was a bad coach. Let's not go putting words in other people's posts. 

And I'd take this year too when Duke got number 1 pg and big man along with JW

You named 4 guys and over 3 different seasons. 

The twins are your perfect example of Cal getting guys to play better than they are? 

Talking about the McDonald's All Americans?! 

I'm sorry but your post is quite stupid. Cal is hands down the best recruiter (and one of the best coaches) in the world and you're in here saying Duke is as good at getting top recruits just to argue about me saying Coach Cal is a bad coach (again, something I never said). In the part of the post that you quoted of mine the next sentence said getting stars that can average 25 to come take 10 shots a game is excellent coaching in itself. 

Would ask you to stop posting but the NC is tonight. Wouldn't want to deprive you of commenting. 

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/062410aag.html

to name a few more....

Brandon Knight 

Terrence Jones

Anthony Davis 

Michael Kidd Gilchrist

Cauley Stein 

Nerlins Noel

A lil mad a wasted 4 minutes replying to this......If you don't think coach Cal doesn't have the best talent year end and year out, you don't watch basketball. 

Last edited:
Prediction time...

Duke doesn't shoot 60+ percent again, Okafor has an AWFUL (like 2-10 awful) game from the line...Winslow does his thing, goes for 20 points. Quinn hits some 3s in the first half, struggles in the 2nd half.

Frank struggles in the first half but finds his rhythm in the 2nd half, Duke unable to find a matchup that works against him. Dekker hits (another) big shot down the stretch to put Wisconsin up by 4, they pull away with free throws, Bo Ryan gets his first National Title.

Wisky - 70

Duke - 63

Prediction time...
Franky tries to lure Okafor to the perimeter but his shot isn't falling. He goes 3-14 for 9 points and 6 boards. Okafor outplays Franky and gets 18 pts 11 boards. Dekker puts up 20 but JW puts up 16 pts 7 reb and 3 blks. Tyus and Quinn have an excellent shooting night and combine for 33.

Duke - 76

Wisconsin - 67 

would be the most points allowed by Duke all tourney so there's a positive for Wisconsin. 
Matt Doherty recruited Felton May and McCants and Jawad Williams. Roy reeled in Marvin Williams.
sounds about right

Last edited:
Prediction time...

Duke doesn't shoot 60+ percent again, Okafor has an AWFUL (like 2-10 awful) game from the line...Winslow does his thing, goes for 20 points. Quinn hits some 3s in the first half, struggles in the 2nd half.

Frank struggles in the first half but finds his rhythm in the 2nd half, Duke unable to find a matchup that works against him. Dekker hits (another) big shot down the stretch to put Wisconsin up by 4, they pull away with free throws, Bo Ryan gets his first National Title.

Wisky - 70
Duke - 63

Let's hope you are wrong

Where you guys watching the game tonight? Trying to decide if I wanna go to BDubs or Applebees. Trying to decide for the best food deal(s) too

was finna say Felton made me throw something across the room more than once or twice but I don't think he was recruited by Roy?

or was he? can't remember when Roy got there.
nah roy didnt get felton.
besides Kirk and Lawson...his resume stinks.

Where you guys watching the game tonight? Trying to decide if I wanna go to BDubs or Applebees. Trying to decide for the best food deal(s) too
Applebees :x
I got Sconnie by 4 tonight...I think Duke is the better team, but Wisconsin is just having one of those runs...

We really can't get better matchups with Frank-Okafor and Dekker-Winslow.

They'll basically cancel each other out.

What do the role players do?
I like Koenig/Hayes/Gasser/Showalter a little better. I think they hit just enough shots to win.

Wisc 72
Duke 68

I'm expecting Dekker to feast tonight regardless of being matched-up with Winslow. Dude made me a believer :nthat:

Matt Jones will be guarding Dekker not Winslow. Unless K goes big and puts in Jefferson.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom