The College Basketball Post

I don't see why Okafor's ceiling couldn't be as sky high as Towns'. By your definition earlier, you said sure fire stars will dominate from the get go. Okafor has done that, dude is a walking 20 and 9 every night while Towns is obviously raw and playing on a loaded team. You've said your piece on Okafor so I don't even have to say it.

I really don't see Towns turning into Marc Gasol... IDK about that man

Last edited:
On the Towns/Gasol comparison I can see where you are coming from a little. Gasol has good vision for a big man. Decent footwork and a soft touch. I see Towns as an evolution of that. He has clearly not grown into his body yet. He has great hands just like Marc. His court vision and ability to make the right pass is a gift. Reminds me some of Tim Duncan but I think Towns is more of a natural passer than Tim is and has much more range.

My observation with Okafor is that he is more developed at this stage. I think that makes his ceiling lower than Towns. Okafor has post moves, but what Towns brings makes a team buzz. Just has a way of keeping everyone on their toes. That can't be taught. It is a gift. Funny you mention Al Jefferson because that was who I was comparing Okafor to mentally. I'm not even sure he will match Big Al's level though. Looks like a bigger Jared Sullinger to me at this point. College is one thing. Pros is a whole different ball game.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to have Okafor on my university squad, but projecting them a couple of years into the pros I lean toward Towns. Does not mean I think Okafor will be a bust. If he hits Al Jefferson level he will be on an all-star team.

A bigger Jared Sullinger? Huh?

Idk anymore man.

Okafor may not be "7 feet tall" but he's got a 7'5 wingspan and is a better athlete at the same weight.

His footwork is better than any prospect we've seen in a while and I have no doubt he can be a defensive anchor as well.

He passes well out of doubles, has power and finesse moves on the block and prodigious big man skills that you can't teach.

Towns is great, he's rebounding well and providing excellent rim protection against second unit/tired starters playing 18 mins a game but I'll take Jahlil.

Last edited:
Ford wondered aloud in the summer about how long it's take for Towns to pass Okafor on the draft board. Definitely not surprising that the discussion is starting up already. That more finished product versus higher ceiling argument probably ends up with Towns going first overall in the long run. Also likely depends on who has the pick.

Assuming either Towns/Okafor go #1 does the other get bumped to#3 and Mudiay go #2 ? Obviously it's early and they are many factors,just something I was thinking about...

Towns is further along than I thought he would be to start the year. His frame is far from filled out. Cal looking for those late bloomers now.

I don't see why Okafor's ceiling couldn't be as sky high as Towns'. By your definition earlier, you said sure fire stars will dominate from the get go. Okafor has done that, dude is a walking 20 and 9 every night while Towns is obviously raw and playing on a loaded team. You've said your piece on Okafor so I don't even have to say it.

I really don't see Towns turning into Marc Gasol... IDK about that man

I think Okafor is going to be an all star, im just not sure how good of an all star.

I never understood the whole well he is close to his ceiling argument with players. Just because someone is closer to being the total package doesn't make them worse than the guy who yea has time to develop his game but is a risk of never getting there. That's how gms get fired. Give me the more polished guy.

Closer to your ceiling doesn't mean closer to the total package. It just means that you're closer to maxing out on your potential.

Yo this kid X from Florida State can hoop. Vision, passing and playmaking is legit. He is cutting Nebraska up right now. Thought he was strictly a 2

Last edited:
I have a hard time putting faith in Mudiay with the #1 who is playing over in the Chinese professional league. The comp cant be nearly as good as what he would see in college or in the European Leagues.

Anyone got his stats yet or has there season begun?

Last edited:
I have a hard time putting faith in Mudiay with the #1 who is playing over in the Chinese professional league. The comp cant be nearly as good as what he would see in college or in the European Leagues.

Anyone got his stats yet or has there season begun?
He's played 9 games so far,averaging 18.8 points,1.7 steals,6.3 assists,and 6.5 rebounds and shooting 49.3%

China competition is very weak compared to the Spanish, Turkish, Italian, French, and german.

Only reason they get american imports is because they pay VERY well

He's still playing against grown *** men so it's probably better than college.

Defensively his team is one of the worst but offensively they be getting buckets

Anyone know if it's possible to stream any of those Chinese league games? I have to see one after I kept on hearing some of these crazy scoring games ex nba players have been having.

Still not sold on mudiay but u can take a risk if u need a pg .

The landscape for gaurds this year comlared to last year is rough. But then again it is early. Real early

Side note. Has anyone watched parish austin of bishop odowd play this year with ivan rabb?

Kid has serious game. Hard to believe he had to settle for boise state.

Last edited:
In honor of tonight's Syracuse v Michigan game, let's remember one of the best moments from their 2013 final four match-up:

8629914698_a246c9920d_o.gif

John Beliein force-punching Otto the Orange

8629615793_d49a268da9_o.gif

Anyone know if it's possible to stream any of those Chinese league games? I have to see one after I kept on hearing some of these crazy scoring games ex nba players have been having.
nah...havent seen one yet 
mean.gif

their games usually be at 6:30 am est

Right now I feel like ohkafor and towns are running on hype. I've been watching the longhorns games and Myles turner is an absolute monster. Already was a 'top 10 lock but I can see him top five without hesitating.

Back
Top Bottom