The College Basketball Post

My fellow Uconn alum, Malta, said everything that needs to be said about this whole "Bazz stays hungry mess"...:lol:

Bazz was trolling hard when he made that comment. Why he felt the need to lie, is honestly beyond me.

Obviously, Storrs wont have the dining options of a major city like NYC or Boston, but you'd be fool to think the studentry was starving after the dining halls closed.

There are late-night grab and go's; there's the U which stays open 'till like 1 am, and there's a host of area restaurants which stay open late into the night.

This is all, of course, besides the catered meals he and other athletes get.

Simply stated, dude was frontin' hard. It's really funny too when you consider that he lives up in Charter Oak (upper class apartments) where he and three other roommates have access to their own private kitchen. Meaning, he can actually cook for himself if he's really hungry. He doesn't even need to go to the dining halls like the majority of students...:lol:.

So yeah, dude was trollin' hard and I feel sorry for anyone that believed him. Straight up crocodile tears...:lol:

Last edited:
I never took bazz "starving" as literally starving. I took it as him just talking motivation wise honestly.

All basketball and football players at high level D1 schools were already getting "unlimited free food on campus"....this would just make it legal now. Shabazz is an idiot for saying that dumb **** about him starving at night.

Not really...I have a friend on the UCONN team this year and I've seen him post about being hungry multiple times. Lets say they get back to campus at 9 and the dining hall is closed? Shabazz has zero money, raised by a single mother etc. Also, not helping the situation is being in Stoors which doesn't exactly have many different dining options.

actually the "food" was being taken directly out of our scholarship checks.
So while you may be thinking oooo they got free food today out the caf or training center, we really didn't.

Random but I was watching the Filipino professional league this morning and Kevin Jones was over there playing
laugh.gif

More amazed at you finding and watching the Filipino league.
My dude Vic watches the PBA because he puts money on it.
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Still got a heck of a team next year.

Yea, I don't mind next year's addition because of the low post and PG play dynamic it'll have. With 'Bari tho, it was a proven fact that we're getting scoring and rebounding, whereas, we don't know for certain that Okafor is going to get his or that Tyus is going to run the ship from day 1 like an Ennis did.

Always so many unknowns with a new facelift but the odds are in our favor to be better than last year.

Duke should be preseason number 1 by a reasonable distance imo.

Remind me of that Anthony Davis/MKG squad. UK

I just think the pieces fit perfectly, plus combine their experience and chemistry playing together for team usa u18, u17, u16.

Eh, I still like Arizona for preseason number one. Shooting is the big concern with them but if Stanley can score they are going to be so good defensively.

Eh, I still like Arizona for preseason number one. Shooting is the big concern with them but if Stanley can score they are going to be so good defensively.
I agree.

I agree that Duke has a great team on paper, but a lot of that involves freshmen...who are a box of chocolates a lot of the time.

Tulsa going hard after Frank Haith apparently...actually makes sense when you think about it...

"Hey Frank, uhh, you're probably going to get fired next year...soo...just want to take this job now? Let us know."

Back
Top Bottom