The Chi [ A Showtime Original Series | Sundays @ 10 | Season 3 ]

Jada known dude for a week and they kissing and she meeting the family and finding about dudes dead wife? Wtf? Who writes this ****.

That was probably the only accurate thing they wrote for this episode. Old washed up single mom will rush the hell out of a relationship.

She was just getting bust down by her son's former high school classmate like last week. Once ole boy opened the car door for her, she started thinking about forever.

She was even ready to give Drunk Ronnie some cheeks. She desperate desperate.

Last edited:
How shawdy in a basement with literally a million things that she could make a weapon with. .. Trophie, chairs, bleach :lol:

She had the sense to break the door down but never thought to use anything as a weapon

Writing is beyond terrible
And the thing is they kept showing the scope of the basement.

You see her jumping and shouting when she hears ppl walk by and then breaks down crying when the chair is off in the distance.

3 or 4 trophies there perfect weapons to break the second door handle. She aint use ****.

Lot of dumb writing.

Last edited:
Also curious as to why ronnie didn't take his grandmother back to the nursing home when found her. How are you going to leave her out in chicago during a blackout? Lol.

All the hate y'all have in here for ronnie should be directed towards the grandmother because her character ******* sucks.

“Your momma was a *****, and your daddy wasn’t ****.”

*soft music plays*

This show is finished. Lena is apparently putting
her entire personal life into it. This is a mess
I didnt know what to make of it.

Like is grandma still bugging the **** out not knowing who she's talking to or is this how ya grandma talks to you.

Didn't feel bad since it was Ronnie though.

Maybe im misremembering but i thought Power was good early on. I didnt think it was over the top till kanan became a regular. I would think Power's fall off was worse.

The Ronnie slander in here lowkey makes me want to pull for him :lol: The show fell of a crazy cliff. Can’t recall anything like it off the top, especially during a third season.

That’s what make it so egregious. It’s only season 3, but it feels like a 7th or 8th season show where cast members start to feel like they want to go do something else. I’ve never seen a show this early write off this many characters and replace them with even more.

Maybe im misremembering but i thought Power was good early on. I didnt think it was over the top till kanan became a regular. I would think Power's fall off was worse.

Peep Game Peep Game nailed it on the head. IMO Power gradually got more and more egregious through the course of multiple seasons. The Chi has gotten close to that level in just five episodes. With the way the storylines have progressed and the character inconsistencies/plot holes we’ve already seen, there’s a ton of potential for things to somehow get worse. Off the top some things to consider.

1. Ronnie finding Keisha through some magic powers is just completely unrealistic and he does not to be redeemed again if this show plans to go beyond Season 3 because he will undoubtedly fall and be redeemed again before the series ends.

2. This mayoral race storyline isn’t developed enough but it seems very important in the grand scheme of things. Similarly, Lena’s character is barely known and she’s half of this storyline.

3. What’s the plan for Poppa/Kev and their girls?

4. What will happen to Trig/Jake? They going to have a custody battle with a mayoral candidate? Okay.

5. Will this trans narrative amount to anything or is it just being put in for Lena’s gratification and to push an agenda?

6. Emmett has business problems, a disgruntled BM who is getting D thrown at her and a mom who is thottin around the ‘Go. Did I mention him, his BM and baby son could be homeless soon? Waaayyyy to much for us to get closure on all things Emmett.

And that’s just a few. All of which they have 5 episodes to wrap up. Good luck, Lena :lol:

Last edited:
Just finished the episode, i got my laughs & that's all I wanted.
As usual here are some thoughts:

-Not feeling the cinematics of the episode during the blackout. I couldn't see **** in a lot of parts. :smh:

-Writers throwing us right into what happened with Keisha. Didn't expect that. Some of those scenes were disturbing. :smh:

-My boy Ronnie back at it again. This time getting baptized. Been waiting to see this dumb *** scene since the trailer. :rofl:

-Ms. Ethel is a trip. Turned into Joel Osteen on that bench. "You'll find her" . You can't even find your house trying to give advice. :lol:

-Imani with the Malcom X line. :lol:

-Lena ALWAYS trying to push these narratives. I'm good. :smh:

-The music that was playing when Ronnie was looking in the mirror when talking to Poppa's dad. :rofl:

-The dialogue between the kids when they found out about the blackout. "Money isn't everything, that's cause your *** got it" :pimp:

-Everyone having fun during the blackout just ignoring Keisha gone & we know damn well they wouldn't be out like that. That was not realistic at all. :rofl:

-I actually didn't hate the Jake scene like y'all. Over the course of the seasons Jake has always been talking noise, but never bout that life. In S1, i remember when Reg popped the trunk with the old boss, he was feeling the some type of way too. I think with Douda, he felt he finally found some escape out of "that life", but then that scene confirmed otherwise.

-I guess the main thing I enjoyed about this episode was some detail in each of the characters storyline. You can tell they were definitely trying to create some substance, even though it wasn't much.

-How in the hell does Keisha run track but decide not to run the only moment she really needs too?!? :lol:

- OH **** MY ***** RONNIE W/ THE ULTRA INSTINCT SPIDA MAYNE SENSES. ihust1e ihust1e
HOW HE DOES HE KNOW HOW KEISHA's SCREAM SOUNDS?
HOW NO ONE ELSE HEARD THAT ****?
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME WITH THIS :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

PO

Last edited:
-Everyone having fun during the blackout just ignoring Keisha gone & we know damn well they wouldn't be out like that. That was not realistic at all. :rofl:

Still not over this. Blackout in the middle of Chicago with Keisha missing and they doing the cha cha slide and eating ribs.

If Douda was a smart man, he would’ve embraced the dude and convinced him to change his vote but instead he felt the need to be like Stone Cold in ‘98.

I just realized we haven’t seen a season change at all. It’s just been hot and sunny the entire 3 seasons :lol:

I just assumed ronnie took her back to the nursing home after the bench convo.
Still doesn't make sense. He was ready to raise hell once he found out his grandma was missing. I doubt he would have left her there while the blackout was still going on for fear that she might run off again. You're telling me he managed to walk her back to the nursing home, settle her down (because we know she would put up a fight in her current state) & make his way to the perfect spot in the middle of the hood just to hear Keisha scream for help?

I was confused as to how all the kids made their way home. Once second they were all yelling at each other, next thing you know Kev & Harriet Tubman was at Sonny's then Papa & Miesha were there too. Jake somehow got back to Perry's unscathed after his speech about not walking through all those different gang territories.

I just realized we haven’t seen a season change at all. It’s just been hot and sunny the entire 3 seasons :lol:

Wait....is this show set in the Power Universe? :wow:
82228766-3C5A-408C-B88D-EA1C7302A25C.gif

It’s all starting to come together now

Whoo boy! This show done fell off a cliff, and I love it.

giphy.gif

*It pains me to say this, but Kevin needs someone to humble him. He taking in too much air whenever someone talks about Jemma.

* What the hell was that scooby doo ****?

*Douda with that $25 turntable. Unacceptable:smh:

*Show barely clocked in at 50 minutes, good looking out Lena! :wink:

So much terrible writing but just like power towards the end, entertained me and will keep watching.

i hate that they showed where she was and all the weapons at her disposal, never used it once

Back
Top Bottom