The Chi [ A Showtime Original Series | Sundays @ 10 | Season 3 ]

Boujie black chick with well off parents in a relationship with a dude from the hood.......we had an idea of how that was gonna turn out.

Can’t remember if Brandon smashed his boss’s wife before or after he was going through ish with Jerrika

It was after

Episode was cool, nothing crazy.

Here are some of the spots that caught my attention as usual:

-Ronnie starting off the episode busting in the house like Hank Voight off Chicago PD. ihust1e ihust1e :rofl:
-Papa with his first classic line of the season telling Jake he got them Meek Mill Day 1 locks. :lol:
-Dude with the Couture AJ1's in his house. Hate to see it. :smh:
-Kevin mama with the shot at the **** Ben Carson. :pimp:
-Dre telling the rapist white due "This ***** been to jail & he homeless, he got nothing to lose" Then Ronnie swoops right in and swings that pipe. :rofl:
- That scene where they thought they found Keisha. :frown: That was a real one to me. Most of the time the opposite plays out. I've seen people have to deal with that spectrum of the situation in real life. The cinematic were powerful there to me.
-Douda's inspiration to be a Mayor is my life in a nutshell. I always want to prove people wrong if they say I can't do something.

PO

I do wonder if Common is done with the show. It was originally Ronnie going to the mini mosque seeking guidance now it's Poppa's dad getting these scenes.

Would have been better if Common was playing Poppa's Dad's role since it would have built on the other storyline.
That's the problem though. They just Thanos snapped half the people/stories so everything is all over the place. :smh:
I def don't see Common coming back anytime soon. For sure not this season.

PO

Hank Voigt reference :rofl:

At this point Ronnie took Keshia and is hiding her somewhere. He'll confess after he gets baptized

my money is on the PI investigators/ppl taking Keisha.

Kidnap the girls, then run up the tab on the parents looking for them.

And then when they dont pay anymore... :frown:

While nothing is out of the realm of possibility for this show at this point, is that a thing that happens with PIs in real life?

The Ronnie theory isn’t too bad. He used to (night still) be an alcoholic. I think he was drinking at the bar the night Keisha went missing too. What if he blacked out, doesn’t remember it and as we approach the finale/around the time he gets baptized (maybe even sober) he starts having flashbacks of himself doing whatever to her

1594650095335.png

Last edited:
Would have been better if Common was playing Poppa's Dad's role since it would have built on the other storyline.
That's the problem though. They just Thanos snapped half the people/stories so everything is all over the place. :smh:
I def don't see Common coming back anytime soon. For sure not this season.

PO
Common is an executive producer on the show so I'm thinking he chose his role and chose how involved he'd be this season.

my money is on the PI investigators/ppl taking Keisha.

Kidnap the girls, then run up the tab on the parents looking for them.

And then when they dont pay anymore... :frown:

was that the first time they mentioned a pi because I don’t remember the first interaction.

While nothing is out of the realm of possibility for this show at this point, is that a thing that happens with PIs in real life?

The Ronnie theory isn’t too bad. He used to (night still) be an alcoholic. I think he was drinking at the bar the night Keisha went missing too. What if he blacked out, doesn’t remember it and as we approach the finale/around the time he gets baptized (maybe even sober) he starts having flashbacks of himself doing whatever to her

ronnie is a professional drunk. He didn’t do anything to her

The writing this season has left a lot to be desired already but I don't think they're going to just randomly pull some new character out of the air to pin this kidnapping on.

We just exhausted the random character angle. They already teased her death. So they can't possibly run that back in the season finale with her actually turning up dead this time.

Which means someone on the current case is responsible for her disappearance.

Either that or Keshia just ran away.

Next episode they need to give us something on Kiesha or it’s gonna feel like they’re dragging this out.

I dont know tbh. But it just seemed like them mentioning the PI asking for more money could open that realm of ransom

was that the first time they mentioned a pi because I don’t remember the first interaction.

yea I think so. At least thats the first time i caught it

Emmit pops stay with the old _ earpiece

:lol: @ Kevin just swinging on dudes 6 inches taller than him

I knew it wasn't gonna be Keisha when they had that dramatic long walk to the body. They milking this too long. She been gone now what 9 or 10 days. Her disappearing with Are Kelly is the only realistic thing that makes sense.

Lena Waithe needs some acting classes herself. That speech felt like one big run on sentence an antisocial high schooler would give during a presentation.
Should've had Keenen in the crowd screaming "Message!", it was horrible.

But this is all Jason Mitchell's fault. If he wasn't too busy being the ooga booga man on set, then Lena would've never got involved. She could've just kept getting checks for nothing...but nope! Now she has to actually work, and it's showing this season.

The majority of the new characters introduced this season are women. They also happen to come across as one-dimensional, with the volume turned up to ten to mask for it.

And if you think about it...the characters are probably all facets of how Lena sees herself:

Dre: The family-oriented lesbian

Jemma: The "Woke" educated chick

Whatever Lala's name is: The hustler

And then when she actually writes her physical self into the show, she's running for mayor!:rofl:

I can't wait for next week's hijinks.

This show is now on Entourage/Power status to me where I'm just watching at this point because I've got to see the show to the end for the lulz.:lol::smh:

Back
Top Bottom