The Cancel Culture Thread

This video by Jeanna Marbles was the video that directly inspired this thread:

Honestly, this is one of the only apologizes that I've felt was sincere from a person apologizing for their past actions.

Here's my take:
People do evolve & I as me know this first hand. In a thread earlier this year (I forgot the name) I was pretty much ****ting High Uptown's & maybe not even a full month later I brought the red Bobbito's PR joints. I now own 2 pair of AF1 High's, and currently turn get the Carolina's Hov wore in the Best of Me video in a size 9 or 8.5 *wink wink* :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:. Of course my case is nowhere near as extreme as other cases, but still... Some ppl grow from the knowledge they've learned.

So what are thoughts on cancel culture?

Last edited:
She’s 33 now. She was 25 when she did blackface. She wasn’t a kid. I’m tired of problematic white youtuber/twitch people getting away with stuff just due to longevity. **** em. There are plenty of people who don’t do obvious racist things that deserve their spot

seems you bout ta get chaself cancelled my boy

38E4DD22-5ADA-4CE3-9DDE-E30FF3CC4837.gif

She’s 33 now. She was 25 when she did blackface. She wasn’t a kid. I’m tired of problematic white youtuber/twitch people getting away with stuff just due to longevity. **** em. There are plenty of people who don’t do obvious racist things that deserve their spot
While I agree, I'll also acknowledge that a lot of people are self contained in there communities and ignorant. I remember going on a town w/ a group in Vermont and was graced w/ a ****load of stares. Why? Because I was likely the 1st black person those white people have ever seen in person. They've likely seen a wild moose or bear, but never saw a black person in person. Mind you that Vermont is a liberal state.
My mans compared cancel culture apologies to Uptown’s.
Only on NT :nthat:
giphy (32).gif

seems you bout ta get chaself cancelled my boy

38E4DD22-5ADA-4CE3-9DDE-E30FF3CC4837.gif
Dave.gif

These aren’t people I **** with anyway sooo. Can’t cancel something that was never established in the first place.
She has over 20 million youtube subscribers. Stop it.

Cancel culture is easy , just unsubscribe and delete . Its not that hard to avoid brands or individuals in 2020.

I haven’t shopped at a Walmart since 2012 ( that includes sams club and neighborhood Walmart stores ) because of how they do their employees . Same with r.kelly and Kanye , haven’t listened to jelly since he started that pied piper gimmick and Kanye since he went maga. Slowly getting rid of all my Gucci stuff after the lips turtle neck . Haven’t watched a Liam Neison movie since he told the store about hunting and wanting to kill a black person . Haven’t watched an nfl game since kap got white balled , Etc.

At the time It wasn’t called canceled culture it was not supporting a brand or person you don’t agree with.

and they can keep those fake apologies . They knew what they were doing when they did it .

Cancel culture is easy , just unsubscribe and delete . Its not that hard to avoid brands or individuals in 2020.

I haven’t shopped at a Walmart since 2012 ( that includes sams club and neighborhood Walmart stores ) because of how they do their employees . Same with r.kelly and Kanye , haven’t listened to jelly since he started that pied piper gimmick and Kanye since he went maga. Slowly getting rid of all my Gucci stuff after the lips turtle neck . Haven’t watched a Liam Neison movie since he told the store about hunting and wanting to kill a black person . Haven’t watched an nfl game since kap got white balled , Etc.

At the time It wasn’t called canceled culture it was not supporting a brand or person you don’t agree with.

and they can keep those fake apologies . They knew what they were doing when they did it .
Cancel culture only seems to effect ppl w/ superficial positions of power. Specifically if they weren't doing things illegal. People supporting R- Kelly as the man is wild to me, but it happens. However, it was easy to "cancel" him (this time) b/c he no longer has "power."

You ever considered moving out of the country?

Your gucci sales rep must be pissed! :lol:
Anything left??

You ever considered moving out of the country?

On the real been working on an exit strategy so I can be up outta here around 4 years just need to find the right place and make sure I’m able to sustain the lifestyle I want . But my day to day life isn't effected or inconvenienced at all from me not supporting these stores or people .I don’t shop at Walmart everything I need can be found at heb (Texas people know what’s up ), what Kanye , Kelly , Gucci , or Liam form of media or article can I not live with ? NFL is one day a week for 6 months , I use that time for online classes or getting my drivers week planned out . It’s plenty of things as I got older that I don’t rock with like I did when I was younger.

Yeah he’s pissed dudes always sending me invites to runway shoes and vip sales . Dm me I can send you some pics of what I got left .
Will do and **** it that’s good to stand by your morals, that Mickey Mouse collab ain’t tempt you a little? 👀 👀
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom