The Beijing 2022 Winter Olympic Games Thread 🔥🥇🥈🥉

FRIDAY, JULY 23 (all times Pacific)

OPENING CEREMONY: 3:55 a.m.-8 a.m. (Live on NBC)

Men’s & Women’s Rowing: 4:30 p.m.-7 p.m. (USA)

Opening Ceremony (Replay): 4:30 p.m.-9 p.m. (NBC)

Men’s Cycling: Road Race: 7 p.m.-1 a.m. (Live on USA)

Men’s & Women’s Tennis: Singles & Doubles: 7 p.m.-4 a.m. (Live on Olympic Channel)

Mixed Archery: 9 p.m.-9:30 p.m. (Coverage on NBCSN)

Opening Ceremony (Replay): 9:10 p.m.-2 a.m. (NBC)

Men’s & Women’s Basketball 3×3: 9:30 p.m.-10 p.m. (Coverage on NBCSN)

Women’s Water Polo: USA vs. Japan: 10 p.m.-11 p.m. (Coverage on NBCSN)

Softball: USA vs. Mexico: 11 p.m.-12:30 a.m. (Live on NBCSN)

Very proud of these protestors.

I am too.

I just hate the irony of such a large crowd of people protesting the arrival of a large crowd of people.

No other way to do it though.

edit:

Btw, Opening Ceremony sounded like they were in an auditorium when the President was speaking. :lol:

No fans in the stadium is making it very weird so far.

I am too.

I just hate the irony of such a large crowd of people protesting the arrival of a large crowd of people.

No other way to do it though.

edit:

Btw, Opening Ceremony sounded like they were in an auditorium when the President was speaking. :lol:

No fans in the stadium is making it very weird so far.

I'm glad the Japanese people aren't taking this nonsense laying down. This is about money and nothing more. Respect the athletes for their accomplishments but COVID-19 is still a very real thing and the having these games in a place that is still struggling is beyond irresponsible and dangerous.

Swimming is fun too, but post-Phelps, I don't know how exciting it can get.

it will be good.. dressel wont get to the 8 golds, but he could very realistically get 7

and he could do some bolt type shhh.. like how bolt won the 100 in '08 beating his chest.. dressel might be able to do something similar in the 50.. he already has the 100 fly WR, which since they dont allow the diving full suits people assumed was unbreakable.. and he's close in both the 50 and 100 free too

phelps was really like an 800 or 1500 runner, that would come down and run the 4.. dressel is a flat sprinter

to make an NFL comparison, phelps was like jerry rice not necessarily the biggest or fastest or most outright gifted.. dressel is like tyreek or moss or TO

Sacrificing your citizens for this nonsense is ridiculous. Doesn't even feel like the Olympics

don't u think they lose 1 or 2 of the relays to GB with Peaty, Duncan Scott, James Guy etc.? Who on the female side you think will have the biggest haul? Ledecky, Titmus, Emma Mckeon?

it will be good.. dressel wont get to the 8 golds, but he could very realistically get 7

and he could do some bolt type shhh.. like how bolt won the 100 in '08 beating his chest.. dressel might be able to do something similar in the 50.. he already has the 100 fly WR, which since they dont allow the diving full suits people assumed was unbreakable.. and he's close in both the 50 and 100 free too

phelps was really like an 800 or 1500 runner, that would come down and run the 4.. dressel is a flat sprinter

to make an NFL comparison, phelps was like jerry rice not necessarily the biggest or fastest or most outright gifted.. dressel is like tyreek or moss or TO

don't u think they lose 1 or 2 of the relays to GB with Peaty, Duncan Scott, James Guy etc.? Who on the female side you think will have the biggest haul? Ledecky, Titmus, Emma Mckeon?

peaty has to be 2 seconds faster on the breast leg and even then it’s iffey just because the advantage US will have between dressel and Murphy on those 2 legs.. soo essentially they need peaty to do something special even for him AND then their free leg to run down whoever ends up on that leg for the US who should be at least 47 low

here is a good breakdown of splits: https://swimswam.com/2021-tokyo-olympic-swimming-previews-us-mens-medley-streak-in-jeopardy/

and the mixed relay: https://swimswam.com/2021-tokyo-olympic-swimming-previews-mixed-medley-relay/

Im going Mckeon on the women’s side, since she’s swimming all the relays and the mixed one.. ledecky probably only has the 1 relay and she should win the 400, 800 and 1500, but 200 I could easily see her not medaling and the 1 relay she’s on, Australia is better

Last edited:
When does the basketball and track and field start?

They've done a ****** job of detailing what's going on and when it's happening so far.

If not for the info in here, I'd be lost.

Also, I just saw a replay of Naomi lighting the flame and holy ****, the amount of money alone that went into that transforming sun on top of Mt Fuji.... as well as that sick *** fireworks display ring.... :wow: :wow:

They've done a ****ty job of detailing what's going on and when it's happening so far.

If not for the info in here, I'd be lost.

Also, I just saw a replay of Naomi lighting the flame and holy ****, the amount of money alone that went into that transforming sun on top of Mt Fuji.... as well as that sick *** fireworks display ring.... :wow: :wow:

Back
Top Bottom