The Beijing 2022 Winter Olympic Games Thread 🔥🥇🥈🥉

My favorite sporting event but I really wish they would have canceled it for the world’s sake.

I still be watching, but with a pained, disapproving look on my face.

Wow, that's crazy. This **** finna be a complete cluster****. Smh

Also:

TOKYO — Tokyo 2020 organizers announced Saturday that there were 17 new coronavirus cases among accredited personnel at the Olympics, bringing the total case count to 123 since testing began July 1.
One athlete newly tested positive and was placed in a 14-day isolation period, while 14 of the 17 new cases were registered by Japanese residents. Just one of the people revealed to newly test positive Saturday, identified as “Games-concerned personnel,” was living in the Olympic Village.
The case count total increased from a reported 106 cases Friday. Saturday’s new case count was slightly down from Friday’s record-tying 19 new cases.
All told, 71 Japanese residents and 52 nonresidents have tested positive this month.

SATURDAY, JULY 24 (all times Pacific)

Mens & Women’s Tennis: Singles & Doubles (Live): 12 a.m.-4 a.m. (Olympic Channel)

Mixed Archery Team Final & Men’s Fencing: 12:30 a.m.-1:30 a.m. (NBCSN)

Women’s Soccer: Sweden vs. Australia (Live): 1:30 a.m.-3:30 a.m. (NBCSN)

Men’s Beach Volleyball: Switzerland vs. Germany (Live): 2 a.m.-3 p.m. (USA)

Opening Ceremony (Replay): 2:13 a.m.-5 a.m. (NBC)

Mens & Women’s Swimming (Live): 3 a.m.-5:30 a.m. (USA)

Tokyo Live: Men’s Gymnastics (Live): 3 a.m.-8 a.m. (Peacock)

Women’s Soccer: U.S.A. vs. New Zealand (Live): 4:30 a.m.-6:30 a.m. (NBCSN)

Men’s Beach Volleyball: U.S.A. vs. Netherlands (Live): 5:30 a.m.-6 a.m. (USA)

Men’s & Women’s 3X3 Basketball: 6 a.m.-7 a.m. (USA)

Volleyball, Swimming & More: 6 a.m.-3 p.m. (NBC)

Men’s & Women’s Fencing: 10:15 a.m.-11:45 a.m. (USA)

Badminton: 11:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m. (NBCSN)

Women’s Weightlifting: 11:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (USA)

Men’s & Women’s Table Tennis: 2 p.m.-2:30 p.m. (USA)

Men’s Skateboarding: Street (Live): 4:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. (USA)

Beach Volleyball, Basketball 3X3, Men’s Gymnastics & More: 5 p.m.-8:30 p.m. (NBC)

Men’s Volleyball: U.S.A. vs. France (Live): 3 p.m.-5 p.m. (NBCSN)

Mens & Women’s Tennis: Singles & Doubles: 7 p.m.-4 a.m. (Olympic Channel)

Basketball 3X3, Archery (Live) 7:30 p.m.-8:25 p.m. (USA)

Men’s Skateboarding: Street Finals (Live): 8:25 p.m.-9 p.m. (USA)

Women’s Cycling: Road Race (Live): 9 p.m.-1:20 a.m. (USA)

Skateboarding, U.S. Women’s Volleyball: 9 p.m.-11 p.m. (NBC)

Softball: U.S.A. vs. Australia: 9 p.m.-11 p.m. (NBCSN)

Beach Volleyball & More: 11:30 p.m.-2 a.m. (NBC)

A few friends and I were going back and forth between the NHL Draft & Archery/Rowing/Air Rifle on USA Network :lol:

So our country’s archery match was kind of lit :lol:. We were a 2-seed vs. a 15-seed, Indonesia: This was unbelievable, Indonesia wins the first two sets, then we barely tied it up at two sets as Indonesia started choking, and then we lost in an ARCHERY SHOOTOUT :smh::ohwell::lol:

Last edited:
Just finished watching the opening ceremony.

I realllllllly missed seeing fans in the seats.

But, the competitor in me....I CANNOT wait. I want to see greatness.

Will the medals have asterisks like the Lakers championship? Lol

I'm here for it all. Olympics is one of my favorite things in the world. It maybe should not be happening because of the pandemic, but here we are. Competition is life.

The cool thing about the NBA bubble was that we were able to watch each player be their best self with no distractions and fans or haters in their heads. So I'm expecting some wild performances too

Im not even sure if what I’m watching is live but catching this USA/MEXICO softball game

My favorite thing about the Olympics is watching a lot of one super-niche sport that takes place early, and then declaring myself an expert on analyzing said sport.

this mixed team archery is tough too. the skill is tight.

mexico vs turkey. bronze medal game currently.

Korean mixed team archery just went goat level vs Netherlands. Came from behind to take gold. A team consisting of a 17 and 20 yr old. Dawg I love the olympics.

Last edited:
South Korean archers have always been next-level. So tough to beat.

skateboarding is an olympic event :emoji_eyes: 🛹
Kinda mind-blowing (no in a bad way) that skating is an Olympic sport now. Same for 3x3 hoops.
Good for both sports.

Watching China vs Serbia... and seeing Yao Ming sitting in the stands, struggling to fit in the seats. 😅

Opening Ceremony showcasing all 50 types of games was pretty dope. They did have one or two errors by the logo man lol, but other then that, I enjoyed it.
Best part of the opening ceremony!

I'm surprised they haven't posted the entire 10min segment up on Youtube or something.

The women's Sweden v Aussie football match ongoing now is entertaining.

The Netherlands v Brazil later should be another cracker.

The women's Sweden v Aussie football match ongoing now is entertaining.

The Netherlands v Brazil later should be another cracker.
i'm watching it too. game is tight. these women are at each others necks.

Team GB has a 12 year old skateboarder representing them Sky Brown, what an experience at such a age.

Back
Top Bottom