Originally Posted by SolexSup

tumblr_m3j7jhGWZc1qjfr1ko1_500.gif
damn this gif is killin me
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Still have questions about that sequence

Spoiler [+]
I must have missed that. By Doctor, you mean The Hulk? He didnt transform until much later. He only turned green after the ship was rocked. That doesnt answer it. Plus, that doesnt explain my second question. I still don't understand the lack of surveillance on the ship/plane. How could all those people be on the ship/plane and have all those gadgets and monitors and not know a plane is right outside or in its vicinity.

No, what's convenient is that the shirt rips and the pants don't.
laugh.gif

I apologize for the comment but I just really don't like these kinds of movies. I do think it's mindless drivel.
Spoiler [+]
I don't know what baffles me more .... the fact that you're asking so many questions about a movie that you said was forgettable.... that you're probably the only bulls fan that thinks rose isn't a superstar.... or that you're apologizing for making a comment that you know in advance is going to offend ppl.  either don't say the offending statement at all or go all the way with it and not halfway.

Spoiler [+]
(1) Let me get this out of the way: I've explained my stance on Rose numerous times in the Bulls thread. It all hinges on one's definition of the word in question. While others have a broader and more inclusive sense of the word superstar, mine is far narrower. I exhibited this by bringing up the names of other PG's. If Rose is considered a superstar, then any of those players is as well. If that is the case, then I am fine with it because then the word is being defined differently. However, I would like to have a higher threshold and so to me, Rose is not a superstar. I hope you can understand.
(2) I apologized because my comment was in bad form. I asked and offended in the same post. I'm not against being offensive. On the contrary, it's the audaciousness of offending while asking for an explanation that renders me apologetic. One or the other would have been just fine but together it was inappropriate.
(3) The questions were asked not out of some fascination with the movie but to elucidate my point: that these popcorn superhero films are on the whole mindless. And as you can see, I asked a few questions about the premise of one of the biggest scenes of the movie and the answers left me wanting. To show the invisibility of the aircraft/ship and then have it be located so easily and the craft not having any surveillance is incredible. And if it was never located then a major action sequence would not have occurred. I can't just overlook that. The suspension of disbelief required is just too much for me, and this is especially so when the film makes no insightful points about anything. I qualified all this by saying that I am not a fan of the superhero genre and this clouds my critique of the film.

Now I am not completely against mindlessness. Sports is sometimes mindless and that I can enjoy. Music is sometimes mindless and that I can enjoy. But this sort of mindlessness is not entertaining to me.

I hope cured your puzzlement.

Spoiler [+]
I must have missed that. By Doctor, you mean The Hulk? He didnt transform until much later. He only turned green after the ship was rocked. That doesnt answer it. Plus, that doesnt explain my second question. I still don't understand the lack of surveillance on the ship/plane. How could all those people be on the ship/plane and have all those gadgets and monitors and not know a plane is right outside or in its vicinity.

laugh.gif

I apologize for the comment but I just really don't like these kinds of movies. I do think it's mindless drivel.
Spoiler [+]
I don't know what baffles me more .... the fact that you're asking so many questions about a movie that you said was forgettable.... that you're probably the only bulls fan that thinks rose isn't a superstar.... or that you're apologizing for making a comment that you know in advance is going to offend ppl.  either don't say the offending statement at all or go all the way with it and not halfway.

Spoiler [+]
(1) Let me get this out of the way: I've explained my stance on Rose numerous times in the Bulls thread. It all hinges on one's definition of the word in question. While others have a broader and more inclusive sense of the word superstar, mine is far narrower. I exhibited this by bringing up the names of other PG's. If Rose is considered a superstar, then any of those players is as well. If that is the case, then I am fine with it because then the word is being defined differently. However, I would like to have a higher threshold and so to me, Rose is not a superstar. I hope you can understand.
(2) I apologized because my comment was in bad form. I asked and offended in the same post. I'm not against being offensive. On the contrary, it's the audaciousness of offending while asking for an explanation that renders me apologetic. One or the other would have been just fine but together it was inappropriate.
(3) The questions were asked not out of some fascination with the movie but to elucidate my point: that these popcorn superhero films are on the whole mindless. And as you can see, I asked a few questions about the premise of one of the biggest scenes of the movie and the answers left me wanting. To show the invisibility of the aircraft/ship and then have it be located so easily and the craft not having any surveillance is incredible. And if it was never located then a major action sequence would not have occurred. I can't just overlook that. The suspension of disbelief required is just too much for me, and this is especially so when the film makes no insightful points about anything. I qualified all this by saying that I am not a fan of the superhero genre and this clouds my critique of the film.

Now I am not completely against mindlessness. Sports is sometimes mindless and that I can enjoy. Music is sometimes mindless and that I can enjoy. But this sort of mindlessness is not entertaining to me.

Spoiler [+]
1-I'm not going to touch on that Rose debate.  I honestly don't see the point of trying to debate that.  If you can't see that Rose is a superstar, you'll never see it. 

2-you actually make sense here.  but you'd get more ppl trying to answer your questions if you just asked instead of being an *#%%@+* about it.  but whatever.

3- I'll try to answer your question.  First, the assault on the ship was lead by a shield member.  Someone pretty high on the totem pole at that.  Most likely, on that alone he probably found a way to bypass the cloaking mechanism of the ship.  I remember at one point I remember the word virus written on everyone's computer.  Now that could've been Iron Man's bug but it's also possible that it was a virus by the enemy damaging the ship's cloaking mechanism.  If not that, then both he and Dr. Selvig probably found a way to track Loki's weapon.  Also possible.  Loki wasn't exactly on that ship against his will.  He surrendered way too easily.  Very plausible that he along with Hawkeye and Selvig had worked out the tracking of his weapon way beforehand in the event Loki's held prisoner on the ship.  All possible scenarios and not very hard to think of if you really thought about it. 

4-and no you did not cure my puzzlement.  I'm still puzzled by you.  you're one of the weirdest posters I've ever seen.  I'm almost convinced that you are a troll, man
laugh.gif
.  you are  on that DC American steez but I find you even more annoying given that I see you in the bulls thread all the time.

Movie was so awesome, not one dull moment from start to finish. I was just in awe most of the time actually seeing them all fight together.
Scarlett though..... life isn't fair 
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

Joint was selling out showing.. where I lived.. I was in absolute shocked.. luckily I got my ticket off Fandango..

Spoiler [+]

laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]
1-I'm not going to touch on that Rose debate.  I honestly don't see the point of trying to debate that.  If you can't see that Rose is a superstar, you'll never see it. 

2-you actually make sense here.  but you'd get more ppl trying to answer your questions if you just asked instead of being an @#%%!@@ about it.  but whatever.

3- I'll try to answer your question.  First, the assault on the ship was lead by a shield member.  Someone pretty high on the totem pole at that.  Most likely, on that alone he probably found a way to bypass the cloaking mechanism of the ship.  I remember at one point I remember the word virus written on everyone's computer.  Now that could've been Iron Man's bug but it's also possible that it was a virus by the enemy damaging the ship's cloaking mechanism.  If not that, then both he and Dr. Selvig probably found a way to track Loki's weapon.  Also possible.  Loki wasn't exactly on that ship against his will.  He surrendered way too easily.  Very plausible that he along with Hawkeye and Selvig had worked out the tracking of his weapon way beforehand in the event Loki's held prisoner on the ship.  All possible scenarios and not very hard to think of if you really thought about it. 

4-and no you did not cure my puzzlement.  I'm still puzzled by you.  you're one of the weirdest posters I've ever seen.  I'm almost convinced that you are a troll, man
laugh.gif
.  you are  on that DC American steez but I find you even more annoying given that I see you in the bulls thread all the time.

Spoiler [+]
Then why show the ship/aircraft's invisibility? What was the point of that? You know what? Forget it. There's probably too much I expected in this movie that others didn't due to the fact that I haven't seen any of the other Marvel movies outside of the first Ironman. But my decisions to avoid those movies were conscious so there's that. There's no point in listening to my critiques since I'm not this film's intended audience. Well I guess they do show that some of the unconverted remain unconverted.

Spoiler [+]
Then why show the ship/aircraft's invisibility? What was the point of that? You know what? Forget it. There's probably too much I expected in this movie that others didn't due to the fact that I haven't seen any of the other Marvel movies outside of the first Ironman. But my decisions to avoid those movies were conscious so there's that. There's no point in listening to my critiques since I'm not this film's intended audience. Well I guess they do show that some of the unconverted remain unconverted.

Spoiler [+]
It was a fan service moment to the comic book fans. It's as simple as that. The Helicarrier is supposed to have cloaking capabilities Whedon just wanted to give a "true" rendition of what fans of the comics have been waiting to see. As for the issue you asked about with Hawk-eye finding the Helicarrier, the scepter bears the same gamma signature as the cube. Selvic is smart enough to track the signature, much like stark and Banner did with the cube. They show the scepter on the screen as the jet is approaching, calculating it's distance from the ship. The Helicarrier de-cloaks and allows them on board after asking Hawkeye for clearance and then asking what his payload is. Since it's a Shield aircraft it is allowed to come aboard. There may be a deleted scene where somehow Hawkeye hijacks the plane or whatever. Either way I thought it was a slight homage to Return of the Jedi when Luke, Han, and Chewy are trying to get them to lower to force field so they can land on Endor.

This was an amazing film. Watching it at midnight in IMAX 3D with fellow comic fanboys was a definitely a great experience.

I know this thread has jumped a lot of pages since last Wednesday, but I believe that Ruffallo did an amazing job as Banner. His chemistry with the cast, really worked well with everyone.

Hulk vs Thor = Full of win

Hulk = in AWE.

Great movie all around...Definitely will be watching this again.

Hank I definitely answered your question about how they found the hellicarrier which with I thought was a reasonable answer on the last page or two.
Spoiler [+]
One of the guys was an agent of SHIELD so he just might know how to find the invisible SHEILD hellicarrier, the other was a doctor specializing in knowing about the cosmic cube. Loki's weapon had a firect connection to it. You find, you find Loki.

You just confused the guy I was talking about for Dr. Banner. The doctor I'm talking about was the older guy who got turned to Loki's side in the beginning and figured a way to close the portal in the end.

As for the surveillance, that I agreed might be a legit gripe but given they were in a stolen SHIELD plane there may be a way they got around not being detected.

As far as casting for the Hulk goes...
Ruffalo did an excellent job in Avengers, and Norton did great in Hulk. I'm close to saying that Ruffalo plays a better Hulk, but we don't have a ton to work with.
However, I think that if we flipped the two actors (as in, Ruffalo in Hulk and Norton in Avengers), the effect would not have been as good.

Norton did great for an origin story for Hulk. His personality was stronger and fit well for a movie centered around Banner/Hulk. Ruffalo in an ensemble movie with Hulk works just as well.

Originally Posted by purplenurple1414

As far as casting for the Hulk goes...
Ruffalo did an excellent job in Avengers, and Norton did great in Hulk. I'm close to saying that Ruffalo plays a better Hulk, but we don't have a ton to work with.
However, I think that if we flipped the two actors (as in, Ruffalo in Hulk and Norton in Avengers), the effect would not have been as good.

Norton did great for an origin story for Hulk. His personality was stronger and fit well for a movie centered around Banner/Hulk. Ruffalo in an ensemble movie with Hulk works just as well.
I feel you're reaching cuz you liked Ruffalo's portrayal that much or don't like Norton that much or you're just assuming things happened for the best. I'm not about to speculate about what if's but I could see Norton being a bit funnier/quirkier as Banner than what Ruffalo did with it. IMO,, it was an okay job. Nothing stood out about his Banner especially if you gonna compare his small parts to Norton's entire movie.

Still not buying that crap that Norton wouldn't fit in an ensemble.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Anyone pick up all the different movie references?  What were those about? 

I heard, While you were Sleeping, Point Break, Legolas, and like 3 others I'm now forgetting. 

I know that's a reach, but I kept noticing that it was happening and didn't know why. 
laugh.gif

nerd 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Loved the movie everything was great, not to sure who the next villian is supposed to be? Anyone else have an idea/

Loved how Hulk didn't forget how Widow tried to play Banner earlier in the movie.
laugh.gif

He scared the *!## out of her during that chase through the Carrier.

Also enjoyed them telling the pilot not to get too close in his distraction of the Hulk and dude ended up doing just that. Son hit that eject button with the quickness and STILL got got.
laugh.gif

I can't believe people are in here actually questioning the logistics of the technology in a superhero film.

I thought it was fantastic...it's exactly what a comic book movie should be.

Does anybody agree that Samuel L Jackson was horrible in this movie? I guess I shouldn't be surprised though..

Movie was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Can't wait to watch it again! I thought all the superheroes did great jobs in their roles(story & acting wise). Joss Whedon did a great job as expected
smokin.gif

The Hulk
eek.gif
eek.gif

When he threw Loki around at Stark Tower
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

The Blu-ray will definitely be purchased!

edit: btw, I was skeptical of Ruffalo as Hulk before watching. But after finally seeing it I have to say that his version (although really brief) of the Hulk is my favorite! Makes me wonder how a  full Hulk movie with him in it would be like.

Also, the after AFTER credits, was that in all theaters/screenings? Just saw the vid online & it's
laugh.gif

LOVED the movie. Everyone had a fair amount of shine even Black Widow,Hulk
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. When he tossed around Loki when he was talking his #***
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
. The team dynamic was portrayed to perfection,loved the way everyone interacted with each other. 

The end scene 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Spoiler [+]
THANOS 
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The second after credits scene was hilarious 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Why would she need to put on an accent around people who all speak English? That would just needlessly complicate things.
This. Plus I really didnt want to hear her struggle with a Russian accent for 2 1/2 hours
They should've hired that real Russian sleeper cell agent that was living in America.  Plus she had red hair and was hot 
smokin.gif
I don't remember if she spoke with an accent or not in the cartoon.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by CP1708

Anyone pick up all the different movie references?  What were those about? 

I heard, While you were Sleeping, Point Break, Legolas, and like 3 others I'm now forgetting. 

I know that's a reach, but I kept noticing that it was happening and didn't know why. 
laugh.gif

nerd 
roll.gif
roll.gif

I was dyin' when Stark called Loki Reindeer Games

This movie was
pimp.gif

I usually never go out to movies but I was invited and I'm happy to say I'm glad that I did.

laugh.gif
at the part where Loki was saying he was a god and the Hulk slammed him around like a rag doll.

Overall, it was a good action movie but not too serious because there were a lot of funny parts.

Back
Top Bottom