^ The Avengers - Official Movie Thread: Out Now!! ^

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I am not a fan of this genre but I had to take my little brother to this film. Thought the movie was pretty boring and forgettable.

Spoiler [+]
I know thinking is discouraged in this genre but I still have to ask:

How did Jeremy Renner find the ship/plane if it was invisible? And I'm supposed to believe that the ship/plane has no surveillance but otherwise contains an otherworldly amount of technology?
Spoiler [+]
You sound like a real a-hole when you say thinking is discouraged in this genre and then like a dumb @$# when you ask a question that can be answered with some thought.
Spoiler [+]
He found the plane because both he and the doctor were turned. He is an agent of SHIELD and the doc was specializing in researching the cosmic cube. You can chalk him finding the invisible Hellicarrier cuz he is an agent of SHIELD or the doc simply tracking Loki's staff. Just cuz it's invisible does not mean it is undetectable and there is no way to find it.

You might as well ask how did Thor find Loki, BW, Cap, and Tony after Loki surrendered or cry about how convenient it was that the security guard had extra pants for Banner.

Still have questions about that sequence

Spoiler [+]
I must have missed that. By Doctor, you mean The Hulk? He didnt transform until much later. He only turned green after the ship was rocked. That doesnt answer it. Plus, that doesnt explain my second question. I still don't understand the lack of surveillance on the ship/plane. How could all those people be on the ship/plane and have all those gadgets and monitors and not know a plane is right outside or in its vicinity.

No, what's convenient is that the shirt rips and the pants don't.
laugh.gif

I apologize for the comment but I just really don't like these kinds of movies. I do think it's mindless drivel.

I am not a fan of this genre but I had to take my little brother to this film. Thought the movie was pretty boring and forgettable.

Spoiler [+]
I know thinking is discouraged in this genre but I still have to ask:

How did Jeremy Renner find the ship/plane if it was invisible? And I'm supposed to believe that the ship/plane has no surveillance but otherwise contains an otherworldly amount of technology?
Spoiler [+]
You sound like a real a-hole when you say thinking is discouraged in this genre and then like a dumb @$# when you ask a question that can be answered with some thought.
Spoiler [+]
He found the plane because both he and the doctor were turned. He is an agent of SHIELD and the doc was specializing in researching the cosmic cube. You can chalk him finding the invisible Hellicarrier cuz he is an agent of SHIELD or the doc simply tracking Loki's staff. Just cuz it's invisible does not mean it is undetectable and there is no way to find it.

You might as well ask how did Thor find Loki, BW, Cap, and Tony after Loki surrendered or cry about how convenient it was that the security guard had extra pants for Banner.

You're right, on both accounts. I still have a few questions about that sequence.

Spoiler [+]
I must have missed that. By Doctor, you mean The Hulk? That doesnt explain my second question. I still don't understand the lack of surveillance on the ship/plane. How could all those people be on the ship/plane and have all those gadgets and monitors and not know a plane is right outside?

laugh.gif

I apologize for the comment but I just really don't like these kinds of movies
Spoiler [+]
Not the Hulk, the old white dude I think was in Thor that got turned to Loki's side in the beginning along with Renner. He got knocked out when the fight started in the city and then woke up and told Black Widow how to close the portal. That guy. Either of the two could find the Hellicarrier by having previous knowledge of it or tracking Loki's staff weapon.

As for the surveillance you may be right there. Not completely sure but only way around that is if they somehow were using some cloaking device and the plane they were on was a SHIELD plane they had stole earlier. If you remember they had their own crew pretty quick when they were setting up shop for Loki.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

didnt like the fact that black widow spoke perfectly good english with no accent..
If a spy can't disguise her accent she's not a good spy.
perhaps, but even when she was among shield agents and the avengers she still spoke like an american.. if i recall correctly, the black widow did have an accent in the cartoons

Why would she need to put on an accent around people who all speak English? That would just needlessly complicate things.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Why would she need to put on an accent around people who all speak English? That would just needlessly complicate things.
This. Plus I really didnt want to hear her struggle with a Russian accent for 2 1/2 hours

I loved it. I never grew up reading comics. Outside of Superman, Batman, Spider-man, The X-men and Hulk I don't know much about comic book characters. I'm enjoying watching these movies and going back and reading all the back stories.

They could not have found a better actor to play Hulk. I'm watching it a second time tomorrow. I'm sure there's stuff that I missed from reading the spoilers.

Still have questions about that sequence

Spoiler [+]
I must have missed that. By Doctor, you mean The Hulk? He didnt transform until much later. He only turned green after the ship was rocked. That doesnt answer it. Plus, that doesnt explain my second question. I still don't understand the lack of surveillance on the ship/plane. How could all those people be on the ship/plane and have all those gadgets and monitors and not know a plane is right outside or in its vicinity.

laugh.gif

I apologize for the comment but I just really don't like these kinds of movies. I do think it's mindless drivel.
Spoiler [+]
I don't know what baffles me more .... the fact that you're asking so many questions about a movie that you said was forgettable.... that you're probably the only bulls fan that thinks rose isn't a superstar.... or that you're apologizing for making a comment that you know in advance is going to offend ppl.  either don't say the offending statement at all or go all the way with it and not halfway.

Originally Posted by Ghenges

They could not have found a better actor to play Hulk.

Agreed!  I liked how he presented Banner... there was a weariness to him, like an old and battered soul that's been through hell and back ... but he still had fight in him, despite everything.  Honestly, Norton didn't do a bad job at all at playing Banner ... but there was no depth. 

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by Ghenges

They could not have found a better actor to play Hulk.

Agreed!  I liked how he presented Banner... there was a weariness to him, like an old and battered soul that's been through hell and back ... but he still had fight in him, despite everything.  Honestly, Norton didn't do a bad job at all at playing Banner ... but there was no depth. 

I always defended Norton's Hulk but after seeing this movie, Ruffalo knocks it out of the park and I'm glad they went with him and not Norton.  He does add that sort of calm, tiresome, old man charm to the role.. which is what I think Bruce Banner is supposed to be. 

Made the mistake of seeing a superhero/action movie with a female and not being fully focused on the movie, but lord knows I wasn't going to go see Think Like A Man.

I want to see it again, I used to love superhero stuff as a kid.

I noticed that outside the theater I overheard that "They didn't have a black hero" and then I realized another one of the probable reasons Sam L Jackson plays Nick Fury
laugh.gif
(not sure if he was black in the recent comics, I last remember him from the 90's Spiderman cartoon where he was white)

Was a good movie tho

Feel sorry for the Hulk franchise, never found a stable actor a la Tobey Maguire or Hugh Jackman where you automatically associate the person's face with the character

Originally Posted by No Stackson

Made the mistake of seeing a superhero/action movie with a female and not being fully focused on the movie, but lord knows I wasn't going to go see Think Like A Man.

I want to see it again, I used to love superhero stuff as a kid.

I noticed that outside the theater I overheard that "They didn't have a black hero" and then I realized another one of the probable reasons Sam L Jackson plays Nick Fury
laugh.gif
(not sure if he was black in the recent comics, I last remember him from the 90's Spiderman cartoon where he was white)

Was a good movie tho

Feel sorry for the Hulk franchise, never found a stable actor a la Tobey Maguire or Hugh Jackman where you automatically associate the person's face with the character

ruffalo is signed on for 6 hulk movies.

Anyone pick up all the different movie references?  What were those about? 

I heard, While you were Sleeping, Point Break, Legolas, and like 3 others I'm now forgetting. 

I know that's a reach, but I kept noticing that it was happening and didn't know why. 
laugh.gif

eek.gif

Mind-Blasting-ly Awesome!

I loved the inter-staff conflicts between characters, the setup, the end scene, the Special Ending!

Definitely the best Marvel film yet, this and The Dark Knight Rises got the next 2 years on lock. 

Also there was some point in the movie and it was on the ship, and Fury says something about "Flying Monkeys" and Iron Man/Starks (no suit) says something like "Flying Monkeys, I get that reference" and then some dudes who looked like comic book buffs started laughing, was that a comic reference?

tumblr_m3j7jhGWZc1qjfr1ko1_500.gif

Im not big on these kinds of movies but i got free tickets and went. Felt like the movie was way too slow just a bunch of talking. Literally fell asleep for a bit and woke up when the fighting scene came on *shrug*

Also there was some point in the movie and it was on the ship, and Fury says something about "Flying Monkeys" and Iron Man/Starks (no suit) says something like "Flying Monkeys, I get that reference" and then some dudes who looked like comic book buffs started laughing, was that a comic reference?

The Wizard of *!@@%@$ Oz

Originally Posted by CP1708

I heard, While you were Sleeping, Point Break, Legolas, and like 3 others I'm now forgetting. 

I know that's a reach, but I kept noticing that it was happening and didn't know why. 
laugh.gif
I got them all too but I thought I was missing the overall point of making those references. Like there was some big inside joke I was left out of
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
I got them all too but I thought I was missing the overall point of making those references. Like there was some big inside joke I was left out of
laugh.gif
It's just a Joss Whedon trademark.  He loves making obscure pop culture references.  He's been that way since Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  The problem is with the wrong audience it backfires.  I watched the movie twice.  The first crowd was laughing at every single one liner but the second crowd was pretty quiet and laughed at only the best gags.  *shrugs*

It was Captain America, and Wizard of Oz was during his era, hence why he got it.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom