^ The Avengers - Official Movie Thread: Out Now!! ^

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Loki was really compelling in Thor.

Hopefully, we get to see how manipulative he is in this flick along with some heavy duty magic powers.

Who else is slated to be the villain?
I've heard, Loki, Hulk, Skrulls, even Thanos. Either way, this movie will be budgeted fine since Marvel has support from Disney.
And, my friend watched Captain America on Saturday, they had a special viewing for all active military. SMH. She said it was really good...and i trust her word. lol

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Loki was really compelling in Thor.

Hopefully, we get to see how manipulative he is in this flick along with some heavy duty magic powers.

Who else is slated to be the villain?
I've heard, Loki, Hulk, Skrulls, even Thanos. Either way, this movie will be budgeted fine since Marvel has support from Disney.
And, my friend watched Captain America on Saturday, they had a special viewing for all active military. SMH. She said it was really good...and i trust her word. lol

Originally Posted by ksteezy

wait so is Hulk a Villain in this one?....and Mark Ruffalo?....CMONNNNNN

Nope. If it is anything like the Ultimates Avengers, which the costumes are based on, then the Hulk will be an ally. He was reluctant to help and the Avengers actually fought him but he ended up helping in the end. That's how it was in the comics so hopefully that isn't exactly a spoiler for the film.
As for villains, I've read teh Skrulls are still the villains with Loki having a hand in their invasion. To be honest, the Avengers team has to created/begin with a big threat such as an alien invasion and Skrulls are a pretty good choice. I'm just worried about the CGI.

Nope. If it is anything like the Ultimates Avengers, which the costumes are based on, then the Hulk will be an ally. He was reluctant to help and the Avengers actually fought him but he ended up helping in the end. That's how it was in the comics so hopefully that isn't exactly a spoiler for the film.
As for villains, I've read teh Skrulls are still the villains with Loki having a hand in their invasion. To be honest, the Avengers team has to created/begin with a big threat such as an alien invasion and Skrulls are a pretty good choice. I'm just worried about the CGI.

I refuse to watch this until I see it on the big screen.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

This has got me thinking, what if Loki has a role in controlling the hulk to make him do evil things
I believe the hulk will join the avengers but not until the end of the movie, then MAY BE the plot for the avengers 2 would be against the skrulls. Usually with the first films its an origin story so maybe the entire plot will be trying to get them to come together to defeat the hulk because i think the alien invasion would be wayy too much for them to handle just starting out.

Also because edward norton is no longer the hulk i think that whoever plays the hulk wont have as much star power as the rest of the cast so thats why he would mostly be in CGI...but thats just my opinion

This has got me thinking, what if Loki has a role in controlling the hulk to make him do evil things
I believe the hulk will join the avengers but not until the end of the movie, then MAY BE the plot for the avengers 2 would be against the skrulls. Usually with the first films its an origin story so maybe the entire plot will be trying to get them to come together to defeat the hulk because i think the alien invasion would be wayy too much for them to handle just starting out.

Also because edward norton is no longer the hulk i think that whoever plays the hulk wont have as much star power as the rest of the cast so thats why he would mostly be in CGI...but thats just my opinion

The Hulk doesn't really need to be controlled, he'll pretty much just clash with everyone else and in the Ultimates, he didn't join them til the end until the invaders pretty much tried to attack him as well.

Plus the Hulk being controlled/deceived to fight the Avengers was actually used in the current animated series so I'm not sure if they'll use the same plot. It's simple and could work well if they don't use the Skrulls or an alien invasion but it's not enough for a film to be honest. I mean there isn't a need for an origins story here, almost all characters already had their own film to build up from. I don't really want a Fantastic Four (movie) type of build up as a whole film where it could turn corny.

They should introduce the Alien threat in the beginning, spend about half an hour or less recruiting and another hour trying to deal with the Hulk with a Hulk vs. Avengers battle, then either Hulk leaves or is incapacitated, alien invasion escalates, more action/fighting with aliens and the in the end the Hulk helps. I'd be very happy with that. They should go 13 Assassins style and make the last 45 minutes just full of actions/fighting.
laugh.gif

Also, Ruffalo is playing Bruce Banner. What I am curious about is how they will do the Hulk, he isn't the stupid, ****** in the Ultimates version, he isn't exactly the smartest either but he isn't dim-witted. Ruffallo already confirmed that the Hulk has a few lines so we shall see.

The Hulk doesn't really need to be controlled, he'll pretty much just clash with everyone else and in the Ultimates, he didn't join them til the end until the invaders pretty much tried to attack him as well.

Plus the Hulk being controlled/deceived to fight the Avengers was actually used in the current animated series so I'm not sure if they'll use the same plot. It's simple and could work well if they don't use the Skrulls or an alien invasion but it's not enough for a film to be honest. I mean there isn't a need for an origins story here, almost all characters already had their own film to build up from. I don't really want a Fantastic Four (movie) type of build up as a whole film where it could turn corny.

They should introduce the Alien threat in the beginning, spend about half an hour or less recruiting and another hour trying to deal with the Hulk with a Hulk vs. Avengers battle, then either Hulk leaves or is incapacitated, alien invasion escalates, more action/fighting with aliens and the in the end the Hulk helps. I'd be very happy with that. They should go 13 Assassins style and make the last 45 minutes just full of actions/fighting.
laugh.gif

Also, Ruffalo is playing Bruce Banner. What I am curious about is how they will do the Hulk, he isn't the stupid, ****** in the Ultimates version, he isn't exactly the smartest either but he isn't dim-witted. Ruffallo already confirmed that the Hulk has a few lines so we shall see.

laugh.gif

This would be an awesome plot but it would have to be like 3 hours long if they dont want to water it down and fit so much info into one movie. 

I believe most of the movie will be the avengers clashing and showing their "On-screen" chemistry (maybe a fight or two between the avengers themselves), i dont think there will be enough time for them to be recruited, working together, and fighting a whole alien invasion. They did use the plot i mentioned in the very first issue of the avengers OG comic and hopefully they stay true to it. Hulk is far from stupid but he could EASILY  be controlled by Loki or someone with a highly manipulative and intelligent persona. I think that Ruffalo will be outcasted and have his sum of Close ups since i doubt he could compete with the other super heroes "Star power" (probably thinking what he should do, the typical bruce banner persona of being confused and unsure of what he is a villain or a hero)

With the hulk being the villain i think it would tie in the end of the hulk credits (Tony stark talking to the General) and This new avenger trailer which doesn't show hulk at all so i assume he's not really going to be on the team (yet) , The end credits to the thor movie shows samuel L jackson talking about being able to tap into "unlimited power" (hulks unlimited rage/power?) and then loki showing up

All this skepticism is making me have a nerd-gasm 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The avengers vs the hulk would be just such a simple and awesome plot that everyone can get into without being confused about who the skrulls are and what not

laugh.gif

This would be an awesome plot but it would have to be like 3 hours long if they dont want to water it down and fit so much info into one movie. 

I believe most of the movie will be the avengers clashing and showing their "On-screen" chemistry (maybe a fight or two between the avengers themselves), i dont think there will be enough time for them to be recruited, working together, and fighting a whole alien invasion. They did use the plot i mentioned in the very first issue of the avengers OG comic and hopefully they stay true to it. Hulk is far from stupid but he could EASILY  be controlled by Loki or someone with a highly manipulative and intelligent persona. I think that Ruffalo will be outcasted and have his sum of Close ups since i doubt he could compete with the other super heroes "Star power" (probably thinking what he should do, the typical bruce banner persona of being confused and unsure of what he is a villain or a hero)

With the hulk being the villain i think it would tie in the end of the hulk credits (Tony stark talking to the General) and This new avenger trailer which doesn't show hulk at all so i assume he's not really going to be on the team (yet) , The end credits to the thor movie shows samuel L jackson talking about being able to tap into "unlimited power" (hulks unlimited rage/power?) and then loki showing up

All this skepticism is making me have a nerd-gasm 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The avengers vs the hulk would be just such a simple and awesome plot that everyone can get into without being confused about who the skrulls are and what not

I thought they showed Ruffallo in the trailer?
I don't think it has to be 3 hours at all. The Alien invasion things doesn't have to be focused on, just merely a way to get them together. They won't even have to focus on why their invading but again the rumors are that the Skrulls are involved so that means that they have to do some background stuff with it even if it is just Loki merely manipulating them. We'd have to wait and see.

I'm just imagining how the ending will be with the Hulk being controlled by Loki and he breaks free and all goes against Loki? Loki seems outmatched when that happens and somewhat cliche in the comic book world, no?

I don't think it has to be 3 hours at all. The Alien invasion things doesn't have to be focused on, just merely a way to get them together. They won't even have to focus on why their invading but again the rumors are that the Skrulls are involved so that means that they have to do some background stuff with it even if it is just Loki merely manipulating them. We'd have to wait and see.

I'm just imagining how the ending will be with the Hulk being controlled by Loki and he breaks free and all goes against Loki? Loki seems outmatched when that happens and somewhat cliche in the comic book world, no?

did they? if they did i didnt notice, lol kinda makes my point of his star power being obsolete in the presence of the other avengers 
roll.gif
roll.gif

did they? if they did i didnt notice, lol kinda makes my point of his star power being obsolete in the presence of the other avengers 
roll.gif
roll.gif

i don't agree with the whole hulk being as a loose a cannon as everyone else is saying, although played by edward norton we can't just disregard his hulk movie from the avengers universe, at the end of that film bruce was meditating and you think he's trying to calm himself when in fact he's trying to control when he transforms, which he suceeds as you see him smiling and his eyes turn green.
also when tony stark visits the general he says something to the effect of, "our first super soldier project didnt work....thats why we put it on ice." OBVIOUSLY talking about cap america and how the general in vain tried to do what tony's father had a hand in.(tony is basically gloating) I'm thinking the avengers try to hunt down hulk to get him to join, but the hulk has no clue to who they are( if i remember correctly he has had literally NO S.H.I.E.L.D., or nick fury interaction at all) and he thinks they are with the general, this could be coupled with loki controlling him and the invasion of the skrulls

i don't agree with the whole hulk being as a loose a cannon as everyone else is saying, although played by edward norton we can't just disregard his hulk movie from the avengers universe, at the end of that film bruce was meditating and you think he's trying to calm himself when in fact he's trying to control when he transforms, which he suceeds as you see him smiling and his eyes turn green.
also when tony stark visits the general he says something to the effect of, "our first super soldier project didnt work....thats why we put it on ice." OBVIOUSLY talking about cap america and how the general in vain tried to do what tony's father had a hand in.(tony is basically gloating) I'm thinking the avengers try to hunt down hulk to get him to join, but the hulk has no clue to who they are( if i remember correctly he has had literally NO S.H.I.E.L.D., or nick fury interaction at all) and he thinks they are with the general, this could be coupled with loki controlling him and the invasion of the skrulls

Back
Top Bottom