The Anthony Edwards / Anthony Edwards JR. / Minnesota Timberwolves GLORIFICATION Thread

I don’t know, I’ma probably a bigger Gobert guy than most but just not sure I am a big fan of giving up such a big package. Especially Vanderbilt who played D, hustled, didn’t need the rock.

I HATE that Vando was included there BUT this gonna let KAT loose like never before IMO. I liked Beasley ALOT too

Hopefully with T Prince and Naz the loss of hustle and all will not be felt.

Word is Minn is talkin with NO about DLo but I dont see it happening in any way.

TIME TO ROLL WITH THIS LINE UP AS IT STANDS RIGHT NOW !!!

COMIN COMIN ATCHA !!!

whatcha think essential1 essential1 ???

I know they gave up ALOT, BUT .......................... say it dont work out so well and you are forced into a rebuild...............Ant and JMac are so young THERE ARE YOUR 2 PIECES to rebuild around ! does that make any sense ??

kinda like whne you go to Vegas...................you leave a couple G up in the room JUST in case the bottom falls out ya know ?

Plus if this team can get it together and really strive for tht greatness, alot of those picks will be LATE 1st rd, except the 2 unprotected.

IMA Happy as F and nervous at the same time.

As long as DLo stays ITS ALL BEAUTIFUL !

devastating starting 5

mj pip.jpg

The bad.
That’s a ton of value you traded for Rudy Gobert. 7 years of value. Also locks them into this team more or less long term.
If it doesn’t work out, they will lose Ant in 4-5 years and have to start over an trade him in order to rebuild. KAT at $59mil 4 years from now will be really tough to move for anything.
They kind of pigeon hole themselves in Free Agency. They may end up with $30 mil in space if they gut the team of everyone but 4 guys. But you’ll have a hard time finding a good replacement for DLo with what they may be able to spend, and now have no way to upgrade in trade that makes sense for other teams.

The good
Continuity is important.
If everyone can buy in. Jaden and Ant’s 3 point shooting continues to develop it is a WCF team with the opportunity to move into the finals.
DLo and Gobert are an excellent fit. 72percentile P&R for DLo. 82 percentile P&R for Rudy
Drastically improves rebounding and interior defense which was a problem.
Offense less clunky with a 5 that shrinks the floor as opposed to a 4 (Vando) that shrinks the floor.
Perimeter defense, Jaden has to get the best player 1-3. Then Ant second best. And allow DLo to roam and call coverages on the worst of the 1-3.
Kyle Anderson and Gobert is a nightmare for other teams defensively.

Wolves have 2 options now, trade DLo for long term contracts. Or extend him. FA doesn’t have much help at the 1 or the 2. Dillon Brooks is the only one in the right age range in a guard spot that could help more at the 1 or 2 over DLo. But that is taking a hit in some areas to get better in others. Depends on what you value more.

My opinion, You extend DLo, and you bank on stability and continuity to keep taking the next steps and look to improve the depth in any way you can, rather than shuffling starters. Only way you shuffle starters and trade them is if there’s a better option and 3/5 (Ant, KAT, Gobert…. They are locked for at least 3 more years)

DLo/Ant/McDaniels/KAT/Gobert
McLaughlin/Nowell/Anderson/Prince/Naz

Is a really good team probably Top 4 in the West assuming health.

Last edited:
REALLY good stuff right there essential1, REALLY ! ..... outta your 5 who wont be here list from earlier this took 3 of em out, lemme get that crystal ball !

THATS ! what ima bankin on right there CONTINUITY, you nailed it !

Karl-Anthony Towns under contract for 6 years and $283.5M
Rudy Gobert under contract for 4 years and $170M
Anthony Edwards under contract for 7 years and $222M (assuming he signs a mix extension next summer)

This is how title teams are built/made.

Sick *** starting 5
strong bench

2 really good rookies to boot

They addressed their biggest weakness with Rudy

EXTEND DLo, IMHO at this moment in time itsa no brainer. plain and simple.

Shuffling starters KILLS a team, ask Brooklyn. With 2 young cats ANT/J Mac stability is the BIGGEST thing the organization can offer them, with it comes a comfort level and a familiarity that cannot be measured.

Why the hell not give yourself the best chance possible ???

ae dlo (2).jpg

naz.jpg

ReadyToRumble

I 100% can see why alotta folks dont like the move, think the Wolves got 'fleeced' and so on. It is ALOT to give up. This is from The Athletic below, kinda interesting. Been watching alotta Utah highlights, mainly the pick n roll stuff, and keep thinking things could get kinda amazing in Minn after cats figure out their roles and get, yes tht word again FAMILIAR with each other. When you are the Wolves and you got a shot at acquiring the 3 TIME DPOY you do it flat the F out, ya gotta. I LOVE the Forbes pick up, I think the organization did very well overall. Slo Mo gonna be beast on this squad. Almost showtime !

• Wolves believed they had hit a wall with the roster and wouldnt get much better without a big swing
  • They did not believe any player would be able to fix the rebounding/rim protection effectively for a small package. So swung for the fences
  • The defensive potential of Edwards and McDaniels is seen as something different to what Gobert had in Utah. Could allow him to thrive even further
  • Gobert was open to joining KAT in Minnesota and expressed excitement before the trade occured
  • An expected Edwards explosion + resurgent KAT + Gobert is seen as a winning combo
  • KAT signed off on the trade beforehand. He is very excited
  • Lore/A Rod encouraged Connelly to be bold in signing a big name
  • The initial package wanted by the Jazz was McDaniels, 4 firsts and swaps + 2nds
    Wolves not allowing McDaniels to move meant that the deal was seen as dead by many
  • Connelly almost immediately became interested in Gobert when he took the job
  • As well as Turner and Capela, The Wolves had talks with the Nets over Durant. But balked when they asked for an allstar in return as well as a mountain of picks (Ant or KAT)
  • Glen Taylor is all in on the deal. He wants to see a winner before he leaves the team
  • The Wolves saw the way the West was shaping up and decided it was now or never. They needed to get big and they needed to win immediately or get lost in the shuffle

towers.jpg

Hey Jack............ POPS IS UNTOUCHABLE, KEEP YOUR DAMN PAWS AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yall have a better chance of gettin my rope from me than gettin POPS or KAT ! AND NOBODYS EVER GOTTEN IT FROM ME ! Try to tale it I DARE YA ! GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

jr with rope.jpg

Ants are strong little devils! As a matter of fact, they can carry 50 times their own body weight! How’s that for a workout?

summer 14.jpg

:emoji_wolf:

:emoji_ant:

You guys are in great hands with EZMONEY SERVANT EZMONEY SERVANT .

Hands down one of the most supportive and positive posters on this board.

Good luck with the 2022-23 season.

Huge A1 fan as well as a KAT supporter so I'll be checking in here and there.

PLEASE be regular in this thread. You deserve better than what them fellaz r doin to your squad, not cool, just not :smh:

new 3.jpg

stai tburskii

roster.jpg

AND to whatever IDIOT in the Nets org that said the asking price for KD is ANT/KAT and picks ......................................... I wouldnt give ya ANTHONY EDWARDS JR's empty F****N dog bowl for anyone on that team or who has EVER been on that team. good luck next year ! SIKE ! ( no offense shuges but that is the dumbest ish i have EVER heard Sir )

ant jr 3.jpg

stai thurskii

Back
Top Bottom