The Air Jordan Alpha 1 will be copped!

I am a little disappointed my shoes did not come in.  I ordered from Ron at Shoetrends and apparently his shipment got delayed. I should of had them by now.  Luckily, it aint a big deal I can wait, I guess.  I will def post up some pics and a review once they come in.  So far all the peeps seem to be satisfied with this interpretation of the iconic 1 in an og colorway.  So that is very positive.

anyone else notice that on NDC they are $115 and all other sites have them at $125. kind of strange.

Originally Posted by airberg

that other site also says 2/15, $125 and a limited release.

link
quote from the nike rep:

"Its an Air Jordan Alpha 1 Men's Shoe BIRCH/BLACK-ORANGE BLAZE. It can release anytime in the next 3 months. There is no set reelase date for it" "I just provided you with all the information we have on this shoe"
laugh.gif
Nice link.

I don't see a shoe releasing on a monday. I want them though.
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Originally Posted by chochocho

they actually look pretty nice.

are they comfortable to ball in?

Did you read the numerous replies raving about how awesome they are for basketball?

played 2 league games in them last week... way better than the regular ! retros, they are light also. i liked them, and will cop the white/red/blacks, but was a little disappointed with the bottom loaded zoom. the normal application of full length zoom would have made these unbelievable.

Originally Posted by HeyIPlayBBall

Not for me, don't like the back where there the circle of Jordan.

laugh.gif

Out of all the things you could complain about you pick that.

my shoes came in today...here are my pics and mini review...

4328786002_97fb884cb8_o.jpg

4328786036_3ced892132_o.jpg

4328786146_d4a017bbb0_o.jpg

here are some detail shots...

4328053447_f7853a6784_o.jpg

4328053541_807d646a88_o.jpg

4328786318_2c1fda3b83_o.jpg

here are some good things...the quilted collar and tongue is really really nice...

4328786752_34e27cd2fa_o.jpg

4328786678_4d12ff4b33_o.jpg

Then you have the insoles...to be very honest I think it is kinda gimmicky to have all these messages inside...a little marketing crap...

4328054207_b985f2b28b_o.jpg

I hate to beat a dead horse but again there are some quality control issues here...just sloppy and no clean up.  Glue stains all over the place...

4328787022_5ae8fddf65_o.jpg

4328054365_5e5657fb35_o.jpg

4328054443_0ebb4b98ed_o.jpg

I guess we cant expect a PERFECT shoe can we?  I mean the other stains on my shoes are not bad but the top pic that is a major glue stain that can not simply be wiped off.  Oh well...

So my over all thoughts are pretty much the same.  It is a great Hybrid/Tribute shoe.  It is NOT a Retro should not be judged as such.  I picked this up as I wanted a shoe with the OG Black/Red colorway, Jordan that I did not have to worry about.  I can rock these anywhere, not worry about scuffs or dirt or anything.  The shoe is made better and I love the updated technology and again the shape and colors stay true to the original.  This is a great tribute shoe.  It satsifies what OGs want and a casual wearer may want...and you can hoop in em!  I am not hating the shoe at all...it is what it is.  As long as you put this on a pedestal and make this shoe something it is not.  If you judge it as a cool updated tribute than you will be pleased.  The price is not outrageous and again I feel I get the best of both worlds, comfort of the new technology with the old school look.  I would compare this to like retro cars, the new Charger or Mustangs. Updated versions of the old school.

Copped breds for $80 flat today, and to tell you the truth they are one of my favorite pickups in a while. Just a great looking shoe.

tinkers are available here in manila, just overshadowed by numerous releases like bred n ms vi's

Back
Top Bottom