The 5 Richest counties in the US...vol. NoVA STAND UP!!

5. Howard County, Md.
Median annual household income: $101,003
Located between Baltimore and Washington, this fast-growing county boasts a fantastic school system, attracting rich residents.

4. Hunterdon County, N.J.
Median annual household income:
$102,500

This county in northwestern N.J. has the highest median annual household income in the country outside of the Virginia suburbs. A rural area, it borders Pennsylvania and has become home to both New York City and Philadelphia commuters in recent years.

3. Fairfax County, Va.
$104,259

Another Washington county, Fairfax County, Va., rounds out the top three. With 1.1 million residents, this populous county has a massive federal government presence. It is home to companies with strong connections to the government, like Freddie Mac, and intelligence agencies like the CIA and the National Counterterrorism Center.

2. Loudoun County, Va.
$112,021

The second richest county in the nation used to be a sleepy rural community just a few decades ago, but in recent years it became a technology center and a popular Washington, D.C. suburb.

No. 1 Falls Church County, Va.
$113,313

Boasting a strong school system and located about six miles away from the nation's capital, Falls Church has for years enticed rich families, making it the nation's richest county.

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/meet-americas-richest-counties.html

I bet Arlington cracks that top-5 in a few years...  

5. Howard County, Md.
Median annual household income: $101,003
Located between Baltimore and Washington, this fast-growing county boasts a fantastic school system, attracting rich residents.

4. Hunterdon County, N.J.
$102,500

This county in northwestern N.J. has the highest median annual household income in the country outside of the Virginia suburbs. A rural area, it borders Pennsylvania and has become home to both New York City and Philadelphia commuters in recent years.

3. Fairfax County, Va.
$104,259

Another Washington county, Fairfax County, Va., rounds out the top three. With 1.1 million residents, this populous county has a massive federal government presence. It is home to companies with strong connections to the government, like Freddie Mac, and intelligence agencies like the CIA and the National Counterterrorism Center.

2. Loudoun County, Va.
$112,021

The second richest county in the nation used to be a sleepy rural community just a few decades ago, but in recent years it became a technology center and a popular Washington, D.C. suburb.

No. 1 Falls Church County, Va.
$113,313

Boasting a strong school system and located about six miles away from the nation's capital, Falls Church has for years enticed rich families, making it the nation's richest county.

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/meet-americas-richest-counties.html

I bet Arlington cracks that top-5 in a few years...  

I read this earlier today. NoVa and Howard county been winning.

Whatever happened to MoCo
frown.gif

I read this earlier today. NoVa and Howard county been winning.

Whatever happened to MoCo
frown.gif

"Median annual household income: $101,003"

excuse my ignorance but is this number based on the gross income of the household or is this what each person in the houshold make?

excuse my ignorance but is this number based on the gross income of the household or is this what each person in the houshold make?

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

100k is considered rich? WAT.

Is that all together too? Lol

You sound really uneducated right now. 

Median at 100k is pretty damn high. 
Definition:

Median income is the amount which divides the income distribution into two equal groups, half having income above that amount, and half having income below that amount. Mean income (average) is the amount obtained by dividing the total aggregate income of a group by the number of units in that group. The means and medians for households and families are based on all households and families. Means and medians for people are based on people 15 years old and over with income.[sup][1][/sup]

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

100k is considered rich? WAT.

Is that all together too? Lol

You sound really uneducated right now. 

Median at 100k is pretty damn high. 
Definition:

Median income is the amount which divides the income distribution into two equal groups, half having income above that amount, and half having income below that amount. Mean income (average) is the amount obtained by dividing the total aggregate income of a group by the number of units in that group. The means and medians for households and families are based on all households and families. Means and medians for people are based on people 15 years old and over with income.[sup][1][/sup]

Originally Posted by Put em up

The income of the family.

Originally Posted by Put em up

The income of the family.

Ok, say if I stay in this area when I get older and I don't live in Fairfax county, but I want to send my kids to school out there. What should I do?

Ok, say if I stay in this area when I get older and I don't live in Fairfax county, but I want to send my kids to school out there. What should I do?

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

i dont believe that......theres no way fairfield county, CT is not in there

i was just gonna type this.
im from CT myself..........find it hard to believe were not on here at all especially fairfield 203

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

i dont believe that......theres no way fairfield county, CT is not in there

i was just gonna type this.
im from CT myself..........find it hard to believe were not on here at all especially fairfield 203

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Use a relative's address (if you have family that lives in Fairfax)....or look for some sort of scholarship to a private school.  

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Use a relative's address (if you have family that lives in Fairfax)....or look for some sort of scholarship to a private school.  

Back
Top Bottom