The 45 Most Powerful Images Of 2011

roll.gif
at UC Davis being one of them.

If anyone has the "right to celebrate" Osama's death, its FDNY. You guys cannot be serious saying that they're just like terrorists celebrating death and what not. Osama scarred FDNY for the longest and gave them nightmares for YEARS. If you were a firefighter that day going through hell and then learning hours later the person who was the master of the plot, trust me, I bet you would do anything to have him hanged. That pictures expresses relief and I have no problem with that. #RealTalk

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

Originally Posted by solegit08til

you guys can not be serious.
indifferent.gif
your sig needs changing if you don't agree with these fellas.
laugh.gif
not true. this picture was taken when it was first released osama was "assassinated ". pics were not needed at time and the whole country believed it during the first moments and celebrated. just as this photo shows NYC FD celebrating over breaking news

fixed.

not one pic of his dead body, NONE.

till then he's not "assassinated" as some people think. Obama's not making a fool outta me

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

So what happened to the pig who pepper sprayed the protesters?

I believe he and the Police chief had been put onadministrative leave and the case is being investigated. Crazy stuff.

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

EXCLUSIVE_Neils_127896818_600_opt.jpg

this is the best picture of 2011
what is it?
It's the New Yorker Festival and that's the cast of Arrested Development completely reunited, they also announced their plans to film another season of the show before the movie gets released.

Originally Posted by bruce negro

enhanced-buzz-wide-2527-1322854323-23.jpg

Christians protect Muslims during prayer in Cairo, Egypt.

Yo, for some reason... this one really touched me.

Damn... this one got me too
tired.gif

Also that dog one is sad... so loyal
frown.gif

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

This is an amazing photo essay, but NTers in this thread basically picked the handful of the least powerful pics to post in here. Amy Winehouse? Pepper spray? $#+#.

Photos, like with anything, affect people in different ways...Someone who lost a loved one in the 911 attacks will probably love the picture of Bin Laden's death more than anything else, etc etc.
Get off your high-horse 
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

You still salty because I called you out for saying $145 alligator skin elbow patches were more about function than fashion? 

laugh.gif
 at being so butthurt you bring it to another thread. Sit down bro, it's OK.

??
No clue what you're talking about?

Nice dodge though.

Originally Posted by NY Mavurs

If anyone has the "right to celebrate" Osama's death, its FDNY. You guys cannot be serious saying that they're just like terrorists celebrating death and what not. Osama scarred FDNY for the longest and gave them nightmares for YEARS. If you were a firefighter that day going through hell and then learning hours later the person who was the master of the plot, trust me, I bet you would do anything to have him hanged. That pictures expresses relief and I have no problem with that. #RealTalk
295_card_tells_bush2050081722-9210.jpg

bush_laugh1218473430.jpg

Firefighters of Ladder Company 4 — which lost seven men on 9/11 — perched together on their aerial ladder, watching a news bulletin in Times Square declaring that Osama bin Laden was dead on May 2.

So in my opinion they have a right to celebrate the "assassination of Bin Laden"...

What would constitute powerful images of 2011 to some of you that say these aren't powerful?  These aren't supposed to be the most powerful events, but the most powerful images. That takes into account the actual picture and what the photographer had to go through to get that picture, composition, etc.

Originally Posted by scshift

enhanced-buzz-wide-2527-1322854323-23.jpg

tired.gif

frown.gif
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]can you explain why?[/color]

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

So what happened to the pig who pepper sprayed the protesters?

I believe he and the Police chief had been put onadministrative leave and the case is being investigated. Crazy stuff.
tired.gif
that's it? That pig should've been fired.

and Persia Fly's trippin. If you don't like photographs then #@+%
grin.gif
eyes.gif

x2

imo it's the best one of the bunch - story/meaning-wise.

The best "photograph" though is that volcano eruption
eek.gif

enhanced-buzz-wide-4854-1322857099-43.jpg

84-year-old Dorli Rainey was pepper sprayed during a peaceful march in Seattle, Washington. She would have been thrown to the ground and trampled, but luckily a fellow protester and Iraq vet was there to save her. (Joshua Trujillo / seattlepi.com)

Originally Posted by copped

not sure if srs...

anyone who believes this @!%@%+@# is pathetic in my eyes...these dudes celebrating in this pic are just as bad...

seriously shut up
the whole nyc police department and also fire men had to help out a lot of people during the 9/11 and their also they risked their whole life

have some respect

frown.gif
@ the dog picture i remember watching that video i wanted to cry

Pretty annoyed that they used that crappy picture to mark the earthquake here in my city...

These two are far more powerful...

s_n01_22111574.jpg

s_n37_00036312.jpg

He didn't make it
frown.gif

enhanced-buzz-wide-4235-1322948525-70.jpg

i want this golden gun really badly ever since 007 james bond had it

enhanced-buzz-wide-4170-1322860047-57.jpg

that's crazy

enhanced-buzz-wide-1399-1322859867-4.jpg

roll.gif
let that boy fart

enhanced-buzz-wide-20575-1322860075-2.jpg

frown.gif

enhanced-buzz-wide-30091-1322918106-2.jpg

that's crazy

enhanced-buzz-wide-4282-1322919908-29.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-13157-1322947640-13.jpg

thats dope

enhanced-buzz-wide-2450-1322856749-40.jpg

i remember seen this video i wanted to cry so badly

enhanced-buzz-wide-19951-1322854082-10.jpg

what the .....

enhanced-buzz-wide-1392-1322863709-9.jpg

eek.gif

enhanced-buzz-wide-16942-1322853543-73.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-3000-1322852671-31.jpg

frown.gif

Originally Posted by Return Of The Mac

Originally Posted by scshift

tired.gif

frown.gif
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]can you explain why?[/color]

It's showing 2 groups of people from different, contrasting and often clashing religions protecting each other.

The Christians protecting the Muslims goes beyond them just protecting them as people, they're guarding them as they pray... which means they're protecting them as they engage in religious activities for a religion they don't believe in.

The conflict in the Middle East has polarized Muslims against the Western World, where Christianity is dominant. To see them not only in peace but guarding one another is very strong.

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

Originally Posted by solegit08til

your sig needs changing if you don't agree with these fellas.
laugh.gif
not true. this picture was taken when it was first released osama was "assassinated ". pics were not needed at time and the whole country believed it during the first moments and celebrated. just as this photo shows NYC FD celebrating over breaking news

fixed.

not one pic of his dead body, NONE.

till then he's not "assassinated" as some people think. Obama's not making a fool outta
whether its true or not it has nothing to do with this whole topic so don't bring it in to here

Back
Top Bottom