The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh come to LAC. We can support your chronic habit.
Midas well try him at the 3 
pimp.gif

josh played with rondo in hs, so that could be some good chemistry.

smith can't be for houston what chandler was? they pretty much do the same **** right? or naw

laugh.gif
I called J Smoove to Houston or Sac a few weeks ago when everyone was talking about how trash he is. I think it would be a good opportunity for him to get his career back on track in Houston.
He was trash but to sign him as a free agent for peanuts puts it into a whole different context

Josh Smith would have to come off the bench, D-Mo has been playing really well lately.

And given the uncertainty with Jones injury I can see the Rockets signing him. And the Rockets need as many defenders at the 4 as possible because I've watched them get torched by LMA and Blake consistently.

IDK who Memphis has coming off of their bench but he could be a pretty good sixth man fro them also... There are plenty of stretch 4's in the west & Z-Bo having to guard them is a problem.

As far as the East if the Wiz didn't already have so many Bigs i would say he's a perfect fit for them. actually if i was them i would pick up Smith & trade one of the backup Bigs for another wing player.

He was trash but to sign him as a free agent for peanuts puts it into a whole different context

This. Clearly, he isn't good enough for any team to have wanted to trade for him. The Pistons tried. Every team. But its a pretty low risk, potentially high reward proposition for a team to nab him when someone else is basically paying the bill.

For people touting the Rondo Smith relationship, Dwight was on the same AAU team and was the best man Josh Smith's wedding in 2010. The Rockets have been trying to get Josh Smith for the last couple of years but couldn't make contracts work. It's too much of a low risk high reward situation for Daryl Morey to turn down. I would be shocked if the Rockets didn't end up with him unless the Kings did something very Kings like

If Josh Smith is really serious about winning a championship he should go to China or the PBA.

:lol: :lol: @ SVG having to deal with this clown Smith.
Maybe now the Pistons will get their act together, next to go is Jennings.

For people touting the Rondo Smith relationship, Dwight was on the same AAU team and was the best man Josh Smith's wedding in 2010. The Rockets have been trying to get Josh Smith for the last couple of years but couldn't make contracts work. It's too much of a low risk high reward situation for Daryl Morey to turn down. I would be shocked if the Rockets didn't end up with him unless the Kings did something very Kings like
I think it'll come down to Cuban v Morey

They make the most sense

With the Clippers having an outside chance, I don't see any connection Smith has with anyone in the Clips' org or connections to LA

Last edited:
I honestly think it'll come down to Cuban v Morey

They make the most sense

With the Clippers having an outside chance, I don't see any connection Smith has with anyone in the Clips' org or connections to LA

Smith played for Clips assistant Mike Woodson in Atlanta when he was having his best years. He also played with JCrossover on some of those Atlanta teams. Those are the only connections to the Clippers that I can think of. But at least its something.

He's probably friends with CP3 too, since Paul seems to be buddies with almost everyone in the NBA.

Last edited:
Vivek going to give Josh Smith all the money they saved on Gay, watch.

Last edited:
Smith played for Clips assistant Mike Woodson in Atlanta when he was having his best years. He also played with JCrossover on some of those Atlanta teams. Those are the only connections to the Clippers that I can think of. But at least its something.
True I think that was mentioned earlier too, my mistake

Someone said Smith wouldn't add another dimension to the Clips, but I disagree. He would instantly become their best big man off the bench, which Hawes has been a big let down

True I think that was mentioned earlier too, my mistake

Someone said Smith wouldn't add another dimension to the Clips, but I disagree. He would instantly become their best big man off the bench, which Hawes has been a big let down
I was thinking that the Clippers wanted a big who could cover up the weaknesses of Griffin and Jordan. Hawes was supposed to provide a semblance of spacing and a change-up from DeAndre. Neither one of them can really provide outside shooting, although Blake's jumper has gotten better. Smith seems like an overlapping part; he would still be a quality backup big though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom