The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing behind the Rondo Kings story. Just some journalist trying to make a story by using old stuff.  Because the Kings were rumored to be interested in him earlier this year and they are rumored to want an upgrade at PG.  

They will go after Ty Lawson, not Rondo

Last edited:
This series bring out the worst in the fans 
mean.gif

i'm really interested to see where Rondo ends up

i don't know that there's much of a market for a PG that is a problem in the locker room & can't shoot

I honestly can't imagine Rondo doing productive/winning things anymore. I feel like I'm an optimist too. He has just looked so, meh

Probably because he'd be an upgrade over 1/2 the PGs in the league.

He had a horrible stint in Dallas, but he'll be a big draw once FA starts.

Until he decides to throw a tantrum

I'm good on a PG who can't shoot, appears to be more concerned with his assist numbers than Ws, doesn't take well to coaching, has fallen off defensively, and is gonna want 12mill+

Someone will throw money at him tho that's not a question.

I can't think of a team where he's a good fit as a starter other than Houston and they got Bev

I would disagree about being an upgrade over half the league but I guess we will all see

I also have my doubts about how big of a draw he will really be as a free agent. I think a desperate team will end up reaching and overpaying him though

I would disagree about being an upgrade over half the league but I guess we will all see

I also have my doubts about how big of a draw he will really be as a free agent. I think a desperate team will end up reaching and overpaying him though

Just out of curiosity, what PGs would you rank above Rondo? That can be either by skill or team fit...

I was a Rondo guy, I thought you needed a PG like that. NAH. This day and age that position is evolving everyday and his game won't cut it. IMO. PG's play so dope now all-around game.

Tough to rank Rondo above many of these guys due to skill and/or fit. Outside of Reggie Jackson and Trey Burke, it's tough sledding

Here's an easy chart to read through... difficult for me to envision which team he ends up on, especially considering Mudiay and Russell will be coming to Philly and probably NY

http://espn.go.com/nba/depth

Last edited:
Tough to rank Rondo above many of these guys due to skill and/or fit

Here's an easy chart to read through... difficult for me to envision which team he ends up on, especially considering Mudiay and Russell will be coming to Philly and probably NY

http://espn.go.com/nba/depth

On top of it all, you probably don't want to have him as a mentor to a young PG :lol:

...and from looking at the list, you might be right. Looks like more than 1/2 the teams are set at the PG position or will be drafting someone to come in and start from day 1.

Outside of Brooklyn, Utah, and maybe Houston, I dunno where he'll get his $$$$/start.

Last edited by a moderator:
On top of it all, you probably don't want to have him as a mentor to a young PG
laugh.gif

...and from looking at the list, you might be right. Looks like more than 1/2 the teams are set at the PG position or will be drafting someone to come in and start from day 1.

Outside of Brooklyn, Utah, and maybe Houston, I dunno where he'll get his $$$$/start.
Doubt Utah even wants him around those young guys. Brooklyn has no money. Houston, maybe. I think the way he acted in Dallas really hurts his cause, though. They legitimately didn't even want him around a playoff team. 

On top of it all, you probably don't want to have him as a mentor to a young PG
laugh.gif

Uh, I never said anything about being a mentor. You said he would be an upgrade to half the league, which is what I was referring to

On top of it all, you probably don't want to have him as a mentor to a young PG :lol:

****...and from looking at the list, you might be right. Looks like more than 1/2 the teams are set at the PG position or will be drafting someone to come in and start from day 1.

Uh, I never said anything about being a mentor. You said he would be an upgrade to half the league, which is what I was referring to

Uh, I never said you did.

I was speaking generally as GMs probably don't want him to be a mentor to a younger PG that they're trying to groom.

Last edited:
Only the Lakers and Kings make sense for Rondo, and even then there are compelling reasons for them not to pursue him this summer.

Uh, I never said you did.

I was speaking generally as GMs probably don't want him to be a mentor to a younger PG that they're trying to groom.
My fault, it's still early here 
laugh.gif
 re read it and totally misunderstood the first time 

I would wager it's the Lakers for Rondo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom