The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

They gonna overpay the hell out of him aren't they, after Dirk is old/gone too

Monta definitely came up big since coming to Dallas though, can't deny
He will for sure get paid... not Parsons numbers though. Mavs are not the type of franchise to overpay over and over again... prolly be around the "market" price.

Anyone think that this is the Blazers prime year to compete? They are bound to lose either Matthews, Lopez, or Batum in the next 2 years

Last edited:
didn't know zyzz was a sws 
mean.gif

didn't know zyzz was a sws 
mean.gif
You don't be in them threads in general?

He's made a few flagrant references. He's just not as articulate as the rest of them on here...so you probably didn't catch it and thought he was just being a dunce as usual.

I'm not sure what this question proves. It's not a knock on Melo to say that he won't be a billionaire. You guys are acting like we said he's going to be broke or only have a few million left within five years of retirement :lol:

If we're going to go ahead and say this about Melo, would you be willing to agree that the same is the case for any wealthy person? You guys are really acting like Carmelo is some sort of shrewd businessman. I don't see it but then again I wasn't aware about the SMS and VC involvement until this conversation.

It's asinine period to say that someone who's already a millionaire definitively has no chance to be a billionaire.

In theory...it's just stupid to say. They're already ON a path to a place you're saying they can't get to....so what logic are you using other than hate?

It's asinine period to say that someone who's already a millionaire definitively has no chance to be a billionaire.

In theory...it's just stupid to say. They're already ON a path to a place you're saying they can't get to....so what logic are you using other than hate?

Well I mean, relative to the amount of billionaires there are, there are plenty of millionaires. Most dont become billionaires so while it isn't asinine to say Melo cant be a billionaire, it's pretty close honestly.
2015-nba-season-thread-what-nba-player-would-you-name-your-kid-after-cle-nyk-at-8-00-and-nop-gsw-at-10-30-on-tnt/26400#post_22146531"]
I'm not sure what this question proves. It's not a knock on Melo to say that he won't be a billionaire. You guys are acting like we said he's going to be broke or only have a few million left within five years of retirement :lol:

If we're going to go ahead and say this about Melo, would you be willing to agree that the same is the case for any wealthy person? You guys are really acting like Carmelo is some sort of shrewd businessman. I don't see it but then again I wasn't aware about the SMS and VC involvement until this conversation.

[/quote]

I'm not hating, man. Its just that I don't think it's going to happen. Are you basing this off of the fact that he's the star Knicks player and has had a few max contracts? Sure he had endorsements, some VC involvement but to say he's going to be a billionaire is a bit of a stretch. Do you also think LBJ will be a billionaire?

Well I mean, relative to the amount of billionaires there are, there are plenty of millionaires. Most dont become billionaires so while it isn't asinine to say Melo cant be a billionaire, it's pretty close honestly.

I'm not hating, man. Its just that I don't think it's going to happen. Are you basing this off of the fact that he's the star Knicks player and has had a few max contracts? Sure he has endorsements, some VC involvement but to say he's going to be a billionaire is a bit of a stretch. Michael Jordan is the most accomplished basketball player of all-time and he's also the only billionaire professional athlete.

Are you saying this because he's the star player in NYC? By the same logic, do you think that Jeter will be a billionaire as well?

WHAT SET HIM  on this quest for redefinition wasn't losing in the first round of the playoffs eight times, or being called selfish or greedy, or being plastered on the back page of the New York papers a few hundred times under headlines like "Losers!" and "Stinko De Melo." No, the thing that finally made him doubt everything he had or hadn't done during his NBA career was the throwaway answer his 7-year-old son gave on a homework questionnaire, when asked to write a few sentences about what his father did for a living.

"Basketball player," Kiyan Anthony wrote, and then he left the rest of the space blank.

"I hate it when people say that's all I am," Anthony says. "I don't want to just be an athlete. I kind of obsess on that sometimes. I don't want my son to be reading, oh, 'disappointment, just a scorer, selfish, didn't win enough, never quite the best' -- whatever. I want to be bigger than that. I want to shape my own destiny instead of just having him read about whatever on the back page."
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/sto...-carmelo-anthony-wants-bulletproof-reputation

@VICTOR PAGE

Nah but to see a brother become of that statue outside of basketball is dope. But for all the back and forth about it? Nah
Yeah I was referring to the back and forth man. Dudes really writing essays about the merits of Melo's chances of getting a billion dollars

Yeah, I don't really care whether Melo gets to billionaire status or not, but I will say that how someone initially makes their money isn't all that material to how much more they can make. The fact is that once you amass a certain amount of wealth, the opportunities available to you to make even more money increase almost exponentially. Real estate, stock market, franchises, etc.

Yeah, I don't really care whether Melo gets to billionaire status or not, but I will say that how someone initially makes their money isn't all that material to how much more they can make. The fact is that once you amass a certain amount of wealth, the opportunities available to you to make even more money increase almost exponentially. Real estate, stock market, franchises, etc.

I'm not disagreeing with your statement about future earnings once you're wealthy. It's just the fact there is only a single professional athlete to become a billionaire. He also happens to play the same sport as Melo and has a jacket full of patches.

If you guys think Melo is going to accumulate a billion, I'd be curious to see what other athletes will be billionaires. But either way, let's go back to Randle jokes and Monta worship

That was a fantastic article. Once again, I had no idea that he was involved with these things and like it said in the article, he does have a large Rolodex so he'll have a lot of good opportunities. I truly do wish him success and the best in his quest to create a lasting legacy. Whether that ends with a couple hundred million or a few billion :pimp:

Warriors' owner from earlier in the week:

Of Jackson's firing, Lacob said, "Part of it was, he couldn't get along with anybody else in the organization. And, look, he did a great job -- and I'll always compliment him in many respects -- but you can't have 200 other people in the organization not like you."

Lacob described Jackson's style as something the Warriors initially needed to change the culture of the organization, even though Jackson was an inexperienced coach who "didn't know X's and O's, really."

Lacob said the key was to hire an experienced staff around Jackson, an idea that was met with resistance from him.

"You can't have a staff underneath you that isn't that good," Lacob said. "And if you're going to get better, you've got to have really good assistants. You've got to have people that can be there to replace you. We all know this from all of our companies. It's ... Management 101."

Lacob contrasted Jackson's tactics to Kerr's approach.

"I think (Kerr) will be great," Lacob said. "And he did the one big thing I wanted more than anything else from Mark Jackson, who just wouldn't do, in all honesty, which is hire the very best. Carte blanche. Take my wallet. Do whatever it is to get the best assistants there are in the world. Period. End of story. Don't want to hear it. And (Jackson's) answer was, 'Well, I have the best staff.' No, you don't."

Michael Jordan is the only billionaire athlete. The only one.

Melo doesn't have a chance in hell of sniffing a billion, lol

Warriors' owner from earlier in the week:

Of Jackson's firing, Lacob said, "Part of it was, he couldn't get along with anybody else in the organization. And, look, he did a great job -- and I'll always compliment him in many respects -- but you can't have 200 other people in the organization not like you."

Lacob described Jackson's style as something the Warriors initially needed to change the culture of the organization, even though Jackson was an inexperienced coach who "didn't know X's and O's, really."

Lacob said the key was to hire an experienced staff around Jackson, an idea that was met with resistance from him.

"You can't have a staff underneath you that isn't that good," Lacob said. "And if you're going to get better, you've got to have really good assistants. You've got to have people that can be there to replace you. We all know this from all of our companies. It's ... Management 101."

Lacob contrasted Jackson's tactics to Kerr's approach.

"I think (Kerr) will be great," Lacob said. "And he did the one big thing I wanted more than anything else from Mark Jackson, who just wouldn't do, in all honesty, which is hire the very best. Carte blanche. Take my wallet. Do whatever it is to get the best assistants there are in the world. Period. End of story. Don't want to hear it. And (Jackson's) answer was, 'Well, I have the best staff.' No, you don't."

LOL, yeah Mark Jackson seem stubborn as hell. Wasn't a fan and not a fan of him on TV too.

Michael Jordan is the only billionaire athlete. The only one.

Melo doesn't have a chance in hell of sniffing a billion, lol

Magic is basically there as well.

You dudes cannot be this dense man.

Look at the article just posted, Melo has a very good chance if he plays his cards correctly and keeps the right people around him seeing as he'll have over 200 million strictly off NBA contracts when his time is done.

Bron is on his way too, having a close relationship Buffet, taking management of his brand into his own hands, meeting with Carlos Slim, Beats deal and other investments.

**** is bigger than you think.

Magic Johnson's net worth is 500 million. That is "basically there" to you?

Why would you even bring up Johnson and Lebron when I was talking about Melo?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom