The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying (insert superstar) don't or can't make their teammates better is dense.

Compare this scenario to life in general and you know it can't be true that KD or Kobe don't make their teammates better.

Every aspect of my life has involved me being around someone or some situation that I learned something from.

People make people better, directly or indirectly, the end.

Players, Superstar Players at that can't help but make their teammates better.

Logically I would think any NBA teammate of any Star would tell you that star made them better, and mean it.

Saying (insert superstar) don't or can't make their teammates better is dense.

Compare this scenario to life in general and you know it can't be true that KD or Kobe don't make their teammates better.

Every aspect of my life has involved me being around someone or some situation that I learned something from.

People make people better, directly or indirectly, the end.

Players, Superstar Players at that can't help but make their teammates better.

Logically I would think any NBA teammate of any Star would tell you that star made them better, and mean it.
So Michael Redd made his teamates better

Like I said, to think any player (Redd included) hasn't offered up something that made a mate better, is dense.

You were talking about KD and Kobe, even worse.

so with everyone focused on KD, does that make anyone better?

With Dwight, he made folks like Shard, Nelson, Turk better because he could kick the ball out to them. Look at the stats. Those dudes had their best 3point shooting days with Howard. Dwight made his team better bro.

With the defense focused on KD, does that make it easier for Russ to score? No because that assist ratio is not relevant to Russ Scoring cause hes a iso scoring. Ibaka gets a few shots off KD I'll admit that, but did KD help Lamb or Jackson? Or Adams? NO.

Scorers like Melo, KD, Kobe don't make others better. Amazing scorers. For sure stars, but do they make their TEAMATES better? Not really.
Hearing some of you attempt to breakdown the game of basketball,
eek.gif
mean.gif
sick.gif

The assessments made, you couldn't troll better

"Look at the stats"

Hearing some of you attempt to breakdown the game of basketball,
eek.gif
mean.gif
sick.gif

The assessments made, you couldn't troll better

"Look at the stats"
yet you hate yet to provide an articulate protheisis regarding my statement. Probably due to the truthful fact that your not able to defend something you know is correct. Your shade for the facts I've presented is just a sign of your insecurity. This thread is about basketball. Discuss it. Don't make basic "OH YOUZ DA TROLLA" statements. If you can't offer anything to the thread, please make an exit Ho......... Van vincent

yet you hate yet to provide an articulate protheisis regarding my statement. Probably due to the truthful fact that your not able to defend something you know is correct. Your shade for the facts I've presented is just a sign of your insecurity. This thread is about basketball. Discuss it. Don't make basic "OH YOUZ DA TROLLA" statements. If you can't offer anything to the thread, please make an exit Ho......... Van vincent
Not even worth it tbh, just wanted to comment on how silly of an assessment you made in that post

The majority consensus among teammates, past and present, would agree that Kobe made them better as players (especially through practicing with him). 

"

Caron Butler says he’s grateful he spent a year in Los Angeles as Kobe Bryant’s teammate and work out partner.

“I say that’s  the best thing that ever could have happened for me personally for my career,” Butler said. “To play alongside a guy like that, see his preparation, see what it takes to get to that level, that’s why I was able to be so good in Washington because I took everything I learned from him under his wing.”

Butler played in 77 games in 2004-05 with the Lakers. He averaged a then career-high (by a tick) 15.5 points and then career-high 5.8 rebounds. His free throw shooting improved, too.

“Work ethic,” Butler said. “He comes to the gym 6:30, 7 in the morning, gets shots every day, a rhythm. Afterward hits the weight room, works out in the summer, studying film, critiquing guys, watching their tendencies, picking things up … Just studying the game with him taught me a lot.”"

Son really said kobe & kd dont make there teammates better :smh: so what does that say about the greatest ever, he didnt make his teammates better since he was just a great scorer :rofl:

"Making other players better" is just a tired blanket statement.

Even if guys don't make other players better, that's not necessarily a knock if they let those other guys play to their full potential.

Especially Kobe/Durant - their jobs are/were to score buckets. Why saddle them with doing things to "make teammates better" too? As long as they're not making teammates worse by doing what they're doing, there shouldn't be a problem.

Plus you can argue Kobe made guys like Pau and LO better and vice versa, because they were all great fits together and shined. But there's no real way of measuring that. It's just a way to gas up or criticize a player depending on how you feel.

Def made Pippen Better.  Whodid Kobe make better? Gasol was a 20 12 guy alone

I mean Smush Parker, Brian Cook, Luke Walton, Kwame Brown, Chucky Atkins, all looked like legit NBA players playing with Kobe. I assume Kobe had nothing to do with LO winning 6th man either.

I mean Smush Parker, Brian Cook, Luke Walton, Kwame Brown, Chucky Atkins, all looked like legit NBA players playing with Kobe. I assume Kobe had nothing to do with LO winning 6th man either.
lol man please. LO was good pre kobe bruh. He was 17 and 10 in Miami. It just got more attention cause he was on a more known team.

Last edited:
Nobody going to claim Kobe was the best at "making his teammates better" but to flat out say he didn't make them better is what's so silly about this.

Kobe had three years after Shaq where he really showed that he put it all together. The first year they made it to the finals against Boston and then the next two years where he won rings. Everything before and after that is up for debate but at the highest level, he's proven he could lead a team to the ultimate goal. Twice. That's after he already had 3 titles to his name..

Last edited:
The majority consensus among teammates, past and present, would agree that Kobe made them better as players (especially through practicing with him). 

"

Caron Butler says he’s grateful he spent a year in Los Angeles as Kobe Bryant’s teammate and work out partner.

“I say that’s  the best thing that ever could have happened  for me personally for my career,” Butler said. “To play alongside a guy like that, see his preparation, see what it takes to get to that level, that’s why I was able to be so good in Washington because I took everything I learned from him under his wing.”

Butler played in 77 games in 2004-05 with the Lakers. He averaged a then career-high (by a tick) 15.5 points and then career-high 5.8 rebounds. His free throw shooting improved, too.

“Work ethic,” Butler said. “He comes to the gym 6:30, 7 in the morning, gets shots every day, a rhythm. Afterward hits the weight room, works out in the summer, studying film, critiquing guys, watching their tendencies, picking things up … Just studying the game with him taught me a lot.”"

Last edited:

Nobody going to claim Kobe was the best at "making his teammates better" but to flat out say he didn't make them better is what's so silly about this.

Kobe had three years after Shaq where he really showed that he put it all together. The first year they made it to the finals against Boston and then the next two years where he won rings. Everything before and after that is up for debate but at the highest level, he's proven he could lead a team to the ultimate goal. Twice. That's after he already had 3 titles in his name..
First of all Kobe made nobody on any of those teams better. Pau shouldve actually gotten Finals MVP in 2010 and we all know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom