The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only got to see him once in Preseason.

With the players they've added and retained, he looks good enough to me.

Phil. :smokin

PJax made them dudes better.

Yes, a player can learn from Kobe's work ethic.

But Phil is the reason for improved players on any roster he was coaching, from Bill Wennington to Ron Harper to Lamar Odom.

Mike
Again, nobody going to claim Kobe is LeBron status in terms of elevating the play of his teammates. But to flat say Kobe didn't make his teammates better just screams naivety. Especially the three straight years he lead his team to the finals after Shaq left
The years after Shaq left and before those 3 straight Finals, tho.

Those years don't just disappear because of a Finals run...

... a Finals run that happened because Phil came back we got Pau. :smokin

The years after Shaq left and before those 3 straight Finals, tho.

Those years don't just disappear because of a Finals run...

... a Finals run that happened because Phil came back we got Pau.
smokin.gif
PLEASE TELL DEM NOW

Very disappointed that the NBA did away with the league pass mobile option that was $50. Looks like I won't be catching games regularly this year.

Very disappointed that the NBA did away with the league pass mobile option that was $50. Looks like I won't be catching games regularly this year.

Yeah, it's bundled in with Broadband now. Probably too much of a headache to keep it split up. Maybe it's part of a bigger overhaul though.

I mean are you guys really still having this argument, I think enough games have been played, the numbers back it up everyone plays better, even great players with Phil is a great coach.

He's not the undisputed greatest but he is on the mount rushmore with, Aurbach/Popavich ect

B0JvuGnCQAE5P6H.png

On a related note, the Lakers have lost by a grand total of 89 points in their last three preseason games.

Last edited:
Damn we killing it with the 3 pters. With Ryan, jimmer, and luke, we should be fine heading into the 3rd quarter

No idea why this argument is still going on. People should know by now NT is full of extremes. There is no grey area, only black and white.
The argument was that Kevin Durant and Kobe never made their teammates better they were just great scorers. Dwight Howard on the other hand made his teammates better because "he could pass the ball out of a double team, just check the stats on his teammates"

Last edited:
I mean are you guys really still having this argument, I think enough games have been played, the numbers back it up everyone plays better, even great players with Phil is a great coach.

He's not the undisputed greatest but he is on the mount rushmore with, Aurbach/Popavich ect

I kind of feel like it is pretty undisputed. At least in my eyes. Phil (and tex) are absolute geniuses man. Their ability to make the most out of their team and their talent is far and away unrivaled.

Don't think anyone was even debating Phil's legacy. We were talking about Kobe, Durant and Dwight and if they made their teammates better

I kind of feel like it is pretty undisputed. At least in my eyes. Phil (and tex) are absolute geniuses man. Their ability to make the most out of their team and their talent is far and away unrivaled.

it isn't undisputed and it's not unrivaled Pop and Red revolutionized the game in their own way, it way, they got the most out of talent, ect ect.

It would be distespectful to other great coaches to act like there is some big difference between pop and phil and red.

I would take Pop but thats me.

Last edited:
Don't think anyone was even debating Phil's legacy. We were talking about Kobe, Durant and Dwight and if they made their teammates better

This is true :lol: :lol: however there was someone a couple of pages back I think who said something about Phil never having a team without an All NBA guy or some stupid **** like that

Pat Riley is up there too.

Man has coached squads with so many contrasting styles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom