The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hell kind of question is this
laugh.gif
?
a legit question. Kobe never made nobody better

Jimmy Butler has been balling the **** out this preseason. Always thought he'd be stuck in mediocracy mainly because of how inconsistent he is, but if he takes that extra step this year that'd be huge for the Bulls.

if you're one of the best players on the team chances are you're going to be making your teammates better by giving them tips and experience in practice every day

a legit question. Kobe never made nobody better

Seriously don't know what's the dumber statement out of these two. Not only do you think it's a legit question, but for some reason you felt compelled to bring up Kobe in regards to who has Durant made better...Water you talking about man :lol: :lol:

He averaged 32 7 and 5 plus a game and did it on over 50% from the field. How can you do all of that and NOT make anybody better :lol: :lol:

if you're one of the best players on the team chances are you're going to be making your teammates better by giving them tips and experience in practice every day

Meh, I tend to not think of it this way honestly. The Roles that guys like Kobe and Durant have had on their teams are so grand, that I tend to think if they do give them tips and experience in practice, it's null in void because in the actual games, the roles are going to be entirely different. The main way that those guys "make teammates better" is by drawing doubles which obviously makes their lives a hell of a lot easier.

Meh, I tend to not think of it this way honestly. The Roles that guys like Kobe and Durant have had on their teams are so grand, that I tend to think if they do give them tips and experience in practice, it's null in void because in the actual games, the roles are going to be entirely different. The main way that those guys "make teammates better" is by drawing doubles which obviously makes their lives a hell of a lot easier.
thing is i dont see that as "making team mates better" more making the game easier for teammates. KD is going to miss the first month of the season and his teammates are going to struggle in ways they wouldnt if KD was playing, they are not better basketball players when they play alongside KD they just get more open looks because KD commands so much attention. i just never liked the phrase "he makes his teammates better" for me that should mean the player is actually getting better at the game of basketball and that comes from practice

Nope. He doesn't make anyone better. Sure they win games, but that dont make people better. LB could drop 30 and 6 a game, but does that make everyone better? CP3 could be a regular 25 pt guy, but would that make his teamates betteR?
I get where you're coming from but I have to disagree. When you are a superstar like KD the whole defense is keyed in on you, so all the other players get more freedom to not be worried about. So when KD is on the floor everyone is automatically better. Take KD off that court and watch what happens.

All of a sudden there is no reason for the defense to shift as hard, there is no reason to shade one side of the floor, the defense starts to key in on other players skills because they dont have to account for KD being on the court.

KD doesnt make his teammates better??....yea no.

thing is i dont see that as "making team mates better" more making the game easier for teammates. KD is going to miss the first month of the season and his teammates are going to struggle in ways they wouldnt if KD was playing, they are not better basketball players when they play alongside KD they just get more open looks because KD commands so much attention. i just never liked the phrase "he makes his teammates better" for me that should mean the player is actually getting better at the game of basketball and that comes from practice

Nah I completely agree, that's why when I said "Make teammates better" I put it in quotation marks. I never liked / agreed with the phrase either. With that being said, I don't think there are that many players who actually "make" someone else better.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Lebby
mean.gif
not like he didn't coast through the 1st half of last season anyway. He's already gotten two superteams playing in by far the weaker conference, how much more does the deck need to be stacked in his favor to win. Shut the hell up and play ball. He's the damn ringleader of this new soft *** generation of NBA players, path of least resistance and this buddy-buddy **** is sickening.
Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

Just about everything you type regarding LeBron is pure nonsense, devoid of any shred of logic or reason, and what makes it more amusing is you're usually the first one to complain about NT agendas regarding that other guy.
Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

The CHA owner, GM, coach and Jesus himself could come out and say it wasn't the case yet, the NT experts have their agendas on everything. There's no factual proof that said Kobe didn't want to play for CHA, just like he didn't want to play for NJ allegedly, Cal has said it directly from his mouth but that's not enough either I guess.
You've been one of the most agenda-driven posters on here for years, let's not pretend otherwise.
Originally Posted by VICTOR PAGE

I hate Lebron but some of y'all will ***** about ANYTHING involving him
I mean, if Victor Page is saying it...

Sucks that in Kobe's last season, he'll have to Tom Thib himself into the ground just to make sure they only lose by 20.

Kobe chucking

Somehow the Lakers will be worse defensively this year. They really didn't give one damb about defense or bother getting anyone that plays defense. Jordan Hill and Wes Johnson their best defenders.

Last edited:
I get where you're coming from but I have to disagree. When you are a superstar like KD the whole defense is keyed in on you, so all the other players get more freedom to not be worried about. So when KD is on the floor everyone is automatically better. Take KD off that court and watch what happens.

All of a sudden there is no reason for the defense to shift as hard, there is no reason to shade one side of the floor, the defense starts to key in on other players skills because they dont have to account for KD being on the court.

KD doesnt make his teammates better??....yea no.
so with everyone focused on KD, does that make anyone better?

With Dwight, he made folks like Shard, Nelson, Turk better because he could kick the ball out to them. Look at the stats. Those dudes had their best 3point shooting days with Howard. Dwight made his team better bro.

With the defense focused on KD, does that make it easier for Russ to score? No because that assist ratio is not relevant to Russ Scoring cause hes a iso scoring. Ibaka gets a few shots off KD I'll admit that, but did KD help Lamb or Jackson? Or Adams? NO.

Scorers like Melo, KD, Kobe don't make others better. Amazing scorers. For sure stars, but do they make their TEAMATES better? Not really.

Last edited:
so with everyone focused on KD, does that make anyone better?

With Dwight, he made folks like Shard, Nelson, Turk better because he could kick the ball out to them. Look at the stats. Those dudes had their best 3point shooting days with Howard. Dwight made his team better bro.

With the defense focused on KD, does that make it easier for Russ to score? No because that assist ratio is not relevant to Russ Scoring cause hes a iso scoring. Ibaka gets a few shots off KD I'll admit that, but did KD help Lamb or Jackson? Or Adams? NO.

Scorers like Melo, KD, Kobe don't make others better. Amazing scorers. For sure stars, but do they make their TEAMATES better? Not really.

:smh: did dwight really make them better or did they make dwight better because he didnt have to force anything & his post game wasnt exposed back then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom