The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think players really mail it in unless they're on really bad teams or really good ones. In most cases I'd say players are giving their all because they're always playing for something.

It would place more value on guys having on nights or off nights. But I don't think guys would be going more all-out than before

Last edited:
I wonder if the Magic are the only team with a 0 and 00? Don't think I've seen that before.

The All-Star Break is longer now because the players wanted the rest. Not sure how much difference a week off in the middle is gonna make.
The only players getting and AllStar break is the players that didn't make the AS Team.

The break being longer makes it even MORE exhausting for the Stars because of their mandated daily appearances.

A week in the middle of the Season would make lots of sense for the All Star participants.

82 games is fine, this new generation always trying to take the easy way out :smh: .. they already have an advantage with the advancement of technology in medicine & training routines compared to the stone age of the 80s & 90s. Pull ya skirt down b.

Repped!

I agree bro. Sheesh, these dudes these days are soft. I saw no problem with what MJ said. I do think the NBA should shut it down for a weak after the All-Star Game. Not only do these players have media obligations, they also have to satisfy their sponsors ala Nike, Sprite etc etc. That's tiring to the mind and body.

I dont think the 82 game season is that bad... i actually love all the basketball games... the thing that they should change definitely is the back to backs and the 4 games in 5 nights... it needs to be spread out more to give the players time to recover and also it would be a better product... those teams that play back to backs or 4 in 5 nights usually get blown out and the game gets ugly by halftime...

The All-Star Break is longer now because the players wanted the rest. Not sure how much difference a week off in the middle is gonna make.
The only players getting and AllStar break is the players that didn't make the AS Team.
The break being longer makes it even MORE exhausting for the Stars because of their mandated daily appearances.

A week in the middle of the Season would make lots of sense for the All Star participants.

What? The All-Star Weekend and events are not getting stretched over the extra week.

I dont think the 82 game season is that bad... i actually love all the basketball games... the thing that they should change definitely is the back to backs and the 4 games in 5 nights... it needs to be spread out more to give the players time to recover and also it would be a better product... those teams that play back to backs or 4 in 5 nights usually get blown out and the game gets ugly by halftime...

Fine, then cut the preseason in half and start the season last week. Don't wait until the World Series is over. That's the only way to get rid of back-to-backs and 4-in-5. turner will never get on board with that because they air baseball playoffs and don't want their coverage to overlap with the start of the NBA season. And the NBA doesn't want the season overlapping with the World Series.

The Magic are actually another team I'm going to be checking for throughout the season. They have some nice pieces in Oladipo, Gordon and Vucevic. I like Harkless and Nicholson too. If they can keep them all together, they might be very solid in two or three years.

Last edited:
The Magic are actually another team I'm going to be checking for throughout the season. They have some nice pieces in Oladipo, Gordon and Vucevic. I like Harkless and Nicholson too. If they can keep them all together, they might be very solid in two or three years.

Add a legit shooter to the mix, not Ben Gordon, very solid team.

If I could change anything it would be start the season in December......
82 games is perfect. Its just basketball.
You don't need all kinds of recovery time. Its not like football.

So you want to make the schedule more condensed than it already is?

nah I think he wants the season to run through the summer. So instead of ending in june it ends in july.

Only change I am for is making the court bigger.
yeah i wouldn't mind seeing this. players are bigger and faster nowadays. they cover more ground. the court size now just seems a little too tight

the nba definitely needs to seriously consider pushing photographers, press and courtside seats out a good 10 feet or more. like in europe.

there's way too many people all bunched up on the boundaries of the court not giving players enough space to move around in when they have momentum carrying them beyond the lines. injuries happen, people get hurt, etc. this has always been my pet peeve

dudes be soft if they are complaining about 82 gms. players are serviced first-class erthang. playoffs are already drawn out with 1-2 days in between.

they want a shortened season, play overseas or stay in school.

Last edited:
Good luck to them finding a taker (unless rck signs him to his rec league team). The guy has played 48, 23 and 41 games the last 3 season. As shaky as I feel the SF position is with the Clips, I wouldn't have any interest in Chase at this point.

The Clips are still looking for a SF huh?

Clipper Darrell @clipperdarrell · 32m 32 minutes ago
1 DAY LEFT!!! YYIIIPPPEEE!!! 4 @corey_maggette Big Announcement!!! ... Are you Ready?!!!

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Last edited:
How did Dirk escape all the criticism bron is getting right now
roll.gif
roll.gif
You should know by now anything Lebby related, good or bad sends these dudes on a feels trip.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom