The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

I want to see what RGIII does in a bowl game against a non-B12 defense. Would love to see him in a matchup vs that So Car defense.

The thing w/ Luck this year is that the playcalling has been so conservative this year. The 13 personnel is fun to watch, but you're not going to get a whole bunch of explosive plays out of a 3 TE set.

Cardo, Jarvis Jones staying in school, not entering the draft this year I hear......

Montee Ball is getting his name checked out thru the advisory board, as is Barkley as bouttime mentioned above....

I'm curious to see what happens with the QBs outside of luck, barkley and RG3..

are there any big name guys who are eligible next year?

cause i could see a number of them coming back and fighting for the top spot next year

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Dre McShay got anything to say about this?

f9435460bc94a86f1cd850ce994486be498c3cc.gif

My son Mike Harris
pimp.gif

[h1]Prospect of the day: Florida State CB Mike Harris[/h1]
Former JUCO kid is making his mark as an NFL prospect. Wes Bunting

November 30, 2011 Print This

Add a Comment

The Breakdown…

CB Mike Harris: Florida State (5-11, 195)

ncfumikeharriscmg400.jpg
ICONHarris can play both inside and out.

A former JUCO kid who made an immediate impact in the FSU secondary as a junior in 2011. Has experience playing both inside and out, possesses average height, but a physically put together frame. Demonstrates good power into contact in the run game. Is fearless as a tackler, generates a good burst closing into contact, stays low, wraps and is a physical striker for his size. Takes good angles toward the ball carrier, breaks down well and is far from a drag down guy. Creates collisions on contact, always seems to be working toward the football and is a "plus" tackler for his size.

Tries to sit low into his stance but tends to bend too often at the waist and get hunched over. However, stays low in his drop, does a decent job keeping his feet under him and showcases the fluidity and bend to stay low and create an explosive first step when changing directions. Does a nice job keeping his pad level down, which allows him to create a burst from his lower half. Now, has a tendency to get a bit overextended with his footwork out of his breaks and I would like to see him stay a bit more compact, but he still exhibits the ability to collect himself quickly and close on the football. Demonstrates good range off his frame, has a natural feel for the football in zone when asked to close with "plus" ball skills down the field.

Isn't afraid to be physical off the line and press. However, has a tendency to hop toward his target off the snap, isn't real balanced or technically sound with his hand placement when trying to re-route. Fluidly, is able to turn and run and possesses solid play speed, but isn't a burner. Looks like a high 4.4/low 4.5 guy who will give up initial separation vs. faster receivers. Tracks the ball well, for the most part will locate the throw and exhibits the balance to make a play.

Impression: Looks like a physical slot guy to me who can play in both man and zone concepts, and will tackle the football

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Landry Jones vs. Andrew Luck[/h1]
Is the Oklahoma QB even a challenge for the Stanford signal-caller? Wes Bunting

November 30, 2011 Print This

3 Comments

The Breakdown…

QB Landry Jones: Oklahoma (6-4, 229)

What I like…

Landry-Jones2.jpg
ICONWhen Jones keeps his base wide and balanced he can make all the throws.

- Has experience playing from both the gun and under center.
- Gets good initial depth on his drop, balances himself well and is comfortable off play action.
- Does a nice job pre-snap identifying his hot man and gets the ball out of his hands quickly.
- Showcases good rhythm and timing underneath, gets the ball out quickly with “plus

Originally Posted by CP1708

Cardo, Jarvis Jones staying in school, not entering the draft this year I hear......
Yea, he said on several occasions that he's staying until his RS SR year...I know he's coming back next year, but coming back after winning a Nat'l Title next year...? I'll believe it when I see it.

roll.gif
 @ that Belly gif tho

Kudos to Jarvis for staying in school. Looks like he wants that degree. Fingers crossed that that back remains healthy
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Kudos to Jarvis for staying in school. Looks like he wants that degree. Fingers crossed that that back remains healthy
pimp.gif
It's his neck, slime.

i feel some kinda way now because you said that, if something happens to Jarvis...

jqtkyp.gif

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

pimp.gif
It's his neck, slime.

i feel some kinda way now because you said that, if something happens to Jarvis...

jqtkyp.gif

Continues to lurk and sees this... proceeds to laugh hysterically

If the standings at the bottom of the league stay where they are and Minnesota stays at #3, I'm pretty confident that they draft Mo Claiborne.
pimp.gif

^ I guarantee you Claiborne won't go top 5. He's not quite the athlete PP is and NFL teams shy away from corners that high in the draft. 

Claiborne may have a slight edge in cover skills + he brings return skills. Depending on how he tests, no telling how high he goes

Claiborne may have a slight edge in cover skills + he brings return skills. Depending on how he tests, no telling how high he goes

Exactly. And his great cover skills is what Minnesota could use. Would be very happy it if he remains in purple and yellow.

Man I love me some Montee Ball. One I can't read, what does Russell Wilson do? He too small to play QB ain't he? Could he play anything else? Randle El????

I'm not on the Landry Jones bandwagon anymore. I was earlier in the year, but now I'm no so high on his NFL future. Probably a career backup type. Journeyman, void-filler as his ceiling.

My guy Claiborne balled out today.
pimp.gif

You got him in your 1st round yet, [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]CP[/color]?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
wink.gif

EDIT: I've cooled ALL the way off on Burfict after seeing him play in person 4 times.  Dude has so much to learn about angles/responsibility football it's not funny.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Man I love me some Montee Ball. One I can't read, what does Russell Wilson do? He too small to play QB ain't he? Could he play anything else? Randle El????

Russell really intrigues me. I very much want to put him near the top as far as this QB class goes. Could turn out to be similar to Drew Brees, who also is short, but athleticism (footwork) and footbally savvy more than makes up for Brees' height. Russell has a simliar makeup being such an athlete and a very intelligent kid.

His arm strength is just okay, but he's got many other desirable qualities. Smart, mobile, accurate. I don't know if he could ever lead a team a Super Bowl, but he seems to me, to be more than capable of having a decent NFL career.

I know I'd draft him if he's sitting there in the 4th or 5th round.

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

EDIT: I've cooled ALL the way off on Burfict after seeing him play in person 4 times.  Dude has so much to learn about angles/responsibility football it's not funny.
30t6p3b.gif

complete opposite of kuechly..

i'm really curious to see how this draft shakes out.. some guys really need to go to the right teams to be able to succeed

and i wonder if landry jones even comes out.. and if he does where he falls

Back
Top Bottom