The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I need the Bears to figure out a way to get a decent corner in this 2nd round.

I go for broke and take Jenkins. We miss too often on 2nd and 3rd rounders to really care about if Jenkins even becomes Sam Hurd

Think about what you just wrote. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Someone did my dude dirty
30t6p3b.gif

The Rutgers wide receiver was on the edge of his seat late in the first round, with the Bengals on the clock at No. 27, when his phone rang. The voice on the other end of the phone identified himself as being from the Bengals, and said Cincinnati was about to pick him. Sanu and those in his draft party exploded in excitement, and agent Mike McCartney even tweeted that Sanu was a Bengal. Then Cincinnati pick Zeitler.

His agent even tweeted the "news" that Sanu was going to be a Bengal, but later had to tweet this:

Very cruel prank call to a Sanu tonight - very sad that someone would do that. My apologies to the twitter world for my tweet.

Tough night. We all get knocked down in life and we gotta get back up. I believe in Mohamed Sanu as a player and person!

http://sports.yahoo.com/b...53947666.html#more-23381
Damn
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

That's dirty

I thought about it.
Jarron Gilbert
Juaquin Iglesias
Dan Bazuin
Garrett Wolfe
speak for themselves
please don't bring up that name again 
mad.gif

tired.gif

Js, I like Sanu, Broyles, and Jeffery a whole lot in the second-round. Paul, I have no problem if Irvin was Pete's guy, but trade back for proper value and placement. Could have had Irvin in the second. Same way I feel about Tanny, Jenkins, Weeden, and Coples a bit.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Nothing of what Minnesota did, excites me. Probably nabbed two very solid pro's, but this draft will probably do nothing but add a solid core around some nice superstars (to come later?)

Welcome to a majority of Patriots draft experiences. 

Mo Sanu might get a real call from Cincy today.
nerd.gif

And I think Mo scored higher on the Wonderlic than Buc Em would've.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Js, I like Sanu, Broyles, and Jeffery a whole lot in the second-round. Paul, I have no problem if Irvin was Pete's guy, but trade back for proper value and placement. Could have had Irvin in the second. Same way I feel about Tanny, Jenkins, Weeden, and Coples a bit.

Okay, but what draft room are we in?...A lot of people had Irvin pegged late first. Whether "our" evaluations may disagree with that, Irvin still could've went anywhere after pick 15 last night. Also, what teams do you know would be excited to trade up to #15? (Remember, it's not just as easy as "trading back." There has to be willing participants to trade up). Like I said, it's no man's land and their value of what Irvin is, or could be, is something worth taking him as a mid first rounder.

Irvin is probably the best pass rusher in this draft. If they drafted Coples, people would understand the perceived potential value, but if he flames out, then what? Not worth it. Nobody can sit here and say he wasn't worth that pick yet, until games are played. Yes, maybe they could've go thim in the second round, but there are certainly no gaurantees. I like the pick and I like it at this spot, given the circumstances.

I thought about it.
Jarron Gilbert
Juaquin Iglesias
Dan Bazuin
Garrett Wolfe
speak for themselves
This dude is floating around on our practice squad right now
laugh.gif

Is that the Garrett Wolfe who was on the Bears?

Per CBS Sports' Rob Rang, the 49ers, Jets, and Ravens all would have taken Bruce Irvin in the first round had he made it to their pick.

Jets were the pick after us.
laugh.gif
Stop acting like these mock drafts determine value. Seven teams had him top 15.

Originally Posted by twozerosix

Per CBS Sports' Rob Rang, the 49ers, Jets, and Ravens all would have taken Bruce Irvin in the first round had he made it to their pick.

Jets were the pick after us.
laugh.gif
Stop acting like these mock drafts determine value. Seven teams had him top 15.

And there ya go...

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

nerd.gif

You dudes get so heated that other people have opinions on here besides you Niketalk Vet All-Stars. Sorry you guys aren't always right.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

nerd.gif

You dudes get so heated that other people have opinions on here besides you Niketalk Vet All-Stars. Sorry you guys aren't always right.

pimp.gif

Just cause.

I'll acknowledge that Rang's report renders the trading back option moot, but I still don't like Irvin's value as a top-15 prospect. Best pass-rusher in the class? Strongly disagree. It's like when J-Ville took Tyson from Cal tenth overall. Doesn't make sense.

I'll go on record with my belief Ingram, Hightower, and Upshaw will all have better careers than Irvin despite being selected after him.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

nerd.gif

tumblr_ll665pKyvB1qcnitv.gif

Just hope the Broncos draft:

Devon Still
LaMichael James
Stephen Hill

Would be the ultimate draft that a Denver Broncos fan could ask for.
pimp.gif

Lamichael is ONLY valuable in a perfect situation. I can't say this without probably getting a lot of flak for being a UW fan, but even still, objectively, Chris Polk is extremely underrated and apparently undervalued in this draft.

You don't want Lamichael on the Broncos. Stephen Hill is a much more suitable pick.

GoldenTicket, I think Jeffery, Broyles, and Sanu (to a lesser extent) will all be better than Hill at the pro level. Broyles could be a great fit for Peyton as a Welker/Stokley-type weapon. Denver might be targeting Fleener or Allen also to give Manning another threat.

Lavonte David and Jerel Worthy are gonna beasts for whoever gets them. I really like TY Hilton, Tank Carder and Josh Norman in the 4th too. And Josh Robinson in the 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom