The 1st Cancellations Of The New TV Season

the-beautiful-life-season-1-promo-poster.jpg

Troubled actress Mischa Barton is out of work.

And she's not alone. That's because there won't be a long life for the CW's "The Beautiful Life."

The network shut down production on the glitzy drama produced by AshtonKutcher and starring Barton after just two episodes, a network official confirmed Friday.

The series was set in the high-gloss world of the New York modeling scene. BesidesBarton, the show starred Corbin Bleu and Elle McPherson.

"The Beautiful Life" was paired with "America's Next Top Model" Wednesdays at 9 p.m. It launched with middling reviews,and to an audience of 1.4 million viewers, according to The NielsenCompany. The audience dropped to just 1 million in the second week.

Six episodes of the show were shot before the CW pulled the plug. The show is off the network's lineup immediately, and a replacement will soon benamed, the official said.

The CW will air reruns of "Melrose Place" in the Wednesday at 9 slot.
the-bill-engvall-show-cast.jpg

Atlanta-based TBS has nixed "The Bill Engvall Show" after three seasons and 30 episodes.

Engvall's sitcom was moved to Saturdays this summer and did okay but my guess it drew too old of an audience, given the old-fashioned nature of thehumor and the time slot.

TBS just sent a statement:
TBS has cancelled The Bill Engvall Show after three seasons. We had a great experience working with Bill and the cast. Bill is a terrific comic, and we have tremendous respect for him. While the show didn't attract the audience we need to renew it for another season, we're proud of the work of everyone involved.

I watched the first episode of Beautiful Life. Didn't really pay much attention to the second. It's the same thing as Gossip Girl, Melrose Place, and90210. Just with models.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Community better be doing well. It feels like one of those shows that could go down after a few episodes.

I love it.
I concur, its good but it just has that Andy Barker PI feel to it.

can anyone give me insight on the nelson ratings? They always go by them but the hundreds of people and families I interact with/have interacted with since Iwas little, I have known ZERO people with a nelson box/vote. I dont get the big wigs trusting a flawed system so much

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

http://www.comedycentric....ll-engvall-show-cast.jpg src="http://www.comedycentric.com/files/2009/07/the-bill-engvall-show-cast.jpg">
Atlanta-based TBS has nixed "The Bill Engvall Show" after three seasons and 30 episodes.

Engvall's sitcom was moved to Saturdays this summer and did okay but my guess it drew too old of an audience, given the old-fashioned nature of the humor and the time slot.

TBS just sent a statement:
TBS has cancelled The Bill Engvall Show after three seasons. We had a great experience working with Bill and the cast. Bill is a terrific comic, and we have tremendous respect for him. While the show didn't attract the audience we need to renew it for another season, we're proud of the work of everyone involved.

- damn. but that damn House of Payne and Brown show is still kicking eh? ah well, good for Tyler Perry i guess....get ya money.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

can anyone give me insight on the nelson ratings? They always go by them but the hundreds of people and families I interact with/have interacted with since I was little, I have known ZERO people with a nelson box/vote. I dont get the big wigs trusting a flawed system so much
I used to have it... for like 3 months
they come in and confiscate all your tvs to put their hardware in them and use the phonelines at random times to send out info
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Bill Engvall show was pointless anyway. Like they tried to re-create Home Improvement.

Has anyone watched Modern Family yet?

I saw the preview and show looks mad funny any input?

Back
Top Bottom