Thank you Mitch Kupchak.... (Caron Butler thread)

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I remember that trade, and some Laker fans thought that Kwame would develop into the player he was supposed to be with Phil as his coach... We were fooled.
Real talk.

PAT RILEY says you're welcome.
wink.gif

Still can't believe he slipped to us at #10, especially with guys like Dajuan Wagner, Tskitishvili, and Nene going before him. In fact, the only guysI'd say I would have taken before him were Yao and Amare.

And to top it off (and to show the other side of Riley's genius), the NEXT year Jameer Nelson was right there for the taking all the way at #20, with theHeat needing a young PG for the future. They passed on him to take D. Wright, and 4 years later Wright has done nothing in his career and the Heat are stilllooking for that PG of the future, while Jameer is running the show for a division rival and top-5 team.
ohwell.gif

I get what you're saying, but no way would Butler have those stats if he were still in LA. He'd be Kobe's servant. Its better for him that he gottraded.

I still remember LA heads celebrating that they were going to turn Kwame around because he was still young and that Caron wasn't needed anymore. Classic.

Still can't believe he slipped to us at #10, especially with guys like Dajuan Wagner, Tskitishvili, and Nene going before him. In fact, the only guys I'd say I would have taken before him were Yao and Amare.

The Wizards wanted Butler in the worst way back in 02'. We got a nice consolation in Jared Jeffries though. Caron had tears streaming down his face when heslid down that far. He was slated as a top 5 pick.

thats not gonna happen

How do you figure?

I remember after he got drafted Caron talked about how he was going to be the Paul Pierce of the draft and even recalled his stats. It was weird.

Back
Top Bottom