Thank you Mitch Kupchak.... (Caron Butler thread)

capt.fea1675b672946008381e7c045fc04f8.wizards_76ers_basketball_park106.jpg

This man is BALLINNNNNNN'!! (Kinda looks like a bat in that pic LOL)

23.2 ppg
6.7 rpg
3.5 apg
53% from the floor
51% from behind the arc
88% from the line
and also the team co-captain

Things were looking bleak after the 0-5 start in DC. He has taken control, and has helped this team to a 9-4 record since. Butler is the heart and soul of theWizards roster. There is no doubt that he (barring injury) will make his 2nd All-Star game appearance this season. I think he is indispensable in the grandscheme of things. If there is one guy on the roster who I could see retiring in DC, it's Butler. He has gotten better in each of his seasons in NBA, and Iam sure the Wizards organization and fans TRULY appreciate Mitch in swapping Butler for Kwame. I hope he can keep it up, and keep the Wiz in playoff contentionuntil Gil returns.

ahhaha i think you picked the worst pic possible

but yeah, dudes sick.........i loved when the lakers got him, and was damn upset and confused why they let him go...........i was real happy when he was anallstar last year, many more to come for sure

Very much appreciated. One of my fav players.

I was damn ready to kill someone(Mitch) when I found out we traded him.

i still cant comprehend WHY the Lakers traded him. When Kobe went down that year, Caron straight carried that squad on his back. SMH @ Kupchak.

Just wondering, who has a better record, Lakers or Wizards?
indifferent.gif

Yeah, the Lakers have a better record than the Arenas-less Wizards. The Lakers without Kobe would struggle to score 60 points a game
laugh.gif

He was great with the lakers.. i liked how he played.. wasnt he bestfriends with kobe too? imagine how good he would have gotten playing/training with kobe formore than a yr...

Thanks!

This guy is still salty after last night....

No matter how you look at it, the Lakers got fleeced, and it was HORRIBLE deal. I would have loved to see what a duo of Butler and Bryant could have done ifthey were given time to grow. I think in the grand scheme of things, Caron would have been a great fit in the Lakers offense, because he can carry the load ifsomeone else is having an off night.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Thanks!

This guy is still salty after last night....

No matter how you look at it, the Lakers got fleeced, and it was HORRIBLE deal. I would have loved to see what a duo of Butler and Bryant could have done if they were given time to grow. I think in the grand scheme of things, Caron would have been a great fit in the Lakers offense, because he can carry the load if someone else is having an off night.
Me? Salty? Nooooo. I'm more angry at the effort of my home team.

i remember we 'traded' butler and vlade for boozer. thanks jack haley.

then that failed......and we followed it up by butler for kwame. wth?

lakers were really desperate for a PF presence......but wow.

The trade looks bad NOW but when the trade was made people were saying that the Lakers dont need Caron sincehe plays the 2 and Lamar would be an all-star in a year or two if he moves from PF to SF
and Kwame can develop into a 12 and 10 guy. Of course Kwame didnt develop and Lamar is still Lamar but i still think they're a big part of this currentteam.
and Laker fans had an idea of how good Butler was going to be because we all saw what this guy did in his last 20 games of his short Laker Career

his numbers are inflated, but definitely a scorer. He's getting big numbers because of mins and Gil out. He could have been a 17-6 guy for the lakersbehind kobe. I would have Kwame still. Cus Lakers were thin as tissue in the front and still are today. But yea, looking back at that trade. It was a disaster!

Originally Posted by parasight21

I always liked this dude since his days at UCONN, good to see him doin' good in DC

One of my favorite players of all time in the Big East.
pimp.gif

I remember that trade, and some Laker fans thought that Kwame would develop into the player he was supposed to be with Phil as his coach... We were fooled.

Back
Top Bottom