Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td]RONNIE JAMES DIO Death Rumors Gaining Strength - May 15, 2010[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]
There are a number of reports coming in that legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH , RAINBOW) died on Saturday, May 15 after a six-month battle with stomach cancer. However, it should be noted that this information **has not** yet been corroborated by an official source and should be treated as a rumor only at this point.

BLABBERMOUTH.NET is working on getting an official statement from Niji Entertainment Group, the management group run by Ronnie's wife, Wendy Dio, which also represents Ronnie.

In a post on his Twitter profile, FOZZY frontman and WWE wrestling superstar Chris Jericho praised Dio for being "a God amongst singers and a true gentleman." He added, "Thank you for always being so nice to me. You are the King of Rock and Roll."

It was only a month ago that Dio, 67, spoke about his cancer fight with the Artisan News Service on the "black carpet" of the Revolver Golden Gods Awards, which took place on April 8 at Club Nokia in downtown Los Angeles. When asked about how he had been feeling since he was disagnosed with stomach cancer late last year, Dio said, "Well, I feel good and bad at times. It's a long process. Chemotherapy is a... I never realized what a difficult thing it was to go through. It's a real cumulative effect — the more you have, the more it piles up on top and it takes longer and longer to get over it. I find it very difficult to eat. I don't like to eat anyway, so I guess that's OK. But I know I have to. But this makes it very, very hard. But if you're determined to beat it, then you have to go with what you believe is going to beat it for you, and in this case it's that. I go to a great hospital in Houston called M.D. Anderson, which I think is the best hospital in the world, I have the best doctor in the world, Dr. Ajani, who I really trust and I really believe in, so I think I've done all the right things. It makes me feel positive about my life and positive that there is a lot more of it to live."

Earlier this month, HEAVEN & HELL canceled its summer tour plans in Europe due to Dio's treatment for stomach cancer. The band said in a statement that Dio wasn't "well enough to tour this summer. We hope that everyone understands and want to thank fans and industry colleagues for their continuing support at this time."

Ronnie James Dio had performed with ELF, RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH, and his own band DIO. Other musical projects included the collective fundraiser "Hear 'n Aid". He was widely hailed as one of the most powerful singers in heavy metal, renowned for his consistently powerful voice and for popularizing the "devil's horns" hand gesture in metal culture. He was most involved with HEAVEN & HELL, a project which also included former BLACK SABBATH bandmates Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Vinny Appice. Their first and only studio album, "The Devil You Know", was released on April 28, 2009.
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
frown.gif
if this is legit

tom morello, chris jericho and some dude from shadows fall (i dont listen to them but a friend told me
laugh.gif
) have said their RIPs on twitter...im freaking out man

WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i can relax now

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]http://RONNIE JAMES DIO Is Not Dead - May 15, 2010[/td][/tr][/table]Contrary to published reports, legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH , RAINBOW) **has not** died after a six-month battle with stomach cancer.

After a flood of rumors started circulating via the Internet late Saturday that Dio had lost his cancer fight, BLABBERMOUTH.NET reached out to Ronnie's wife/manager Wendy Dio, who sent back the following message at approximately 11:35 p.m. PST on Saturday, May 15 / 2:35 a.m. EST on Sunday, May 16:

"I am at the hospital and Ronnie has NOT passed away!!!! He is not doing
good, but he is not dead.

"I will let you know if anything changes.

"Thank you for your concern."

It was only a month ago that Dio, 67, spoke about his cancer fight with the Artisan News Service on the "black carpet" of the Revolver Golden Gods Awards, which took place on April 8 at Club Nokia in downtown Los Angeles. When asked about how he had been feeling since he was disagnosed with stomach cancer late last year, Dio said, "Well, I feel good and bad at times. It's a long process. Chemotherapy is a... I never realized what a difficult thing it was to go through. It's a real cumulative effect — the more you have, the more it piles up on top and it takes longer and longer to get over it. I find it very difficult to eat. I don't like to eat anyway, so I guess that's OK. But I know I have to. But this makes it very, very hard. But if you're determined to beat it, then you have to go with what you believe is going to beat it for you, and in this case it's that. I go to a great hospital in Houston called M.D. Anderson, which I think is the best hospital in the world, I have the best doctor in the world, Dr. Ajani, who I really trust and I really believe in, so I think I've done all the right things. It makes me feel positive about my life and positive that there is a lot more of it to live."

Earlier this month, HEAVEN & HELL canceled its summer tour plans in Europe due to Dio's treatment for stomach cancer. The band said in a statement that Dio wasn't "well enough to tour this summer. We hope that everyone understands and want to thank fans and industry colleagues for their continuing support at this time."

Ronnie James Dio has performed with ELF, RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH, and his own band DIO. Other musical projects included the collective fundraiser "Hear 'n Aid". He is widely hailed as one of the most powerful singers in heavy metal, renowned for his consistently powerful voice and for popularizing the "devil's horns" hand gesture in metal culture. He is currently involved with HEAVEN & HELL, a project which also included former BLACK SABBATH bandmates Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Vinny Appice. Their first studio album, "The Devil You Know", was released on April 28, 2009.

Yeah this Dio ****storm is getting insane. I heard from the dudes in All Shall Perish, and then when I go online, I found nothing about it. Then I read the blabbermouth article that he isn't dead, but he is in the hospital. Looks like he may not make it, but at least he isn't dead yet. I hope he can find someway out of this.

^i hope he is well and makes it. this scared the %%@% out of me though
laugh.gif

the journalist who broke this "breaking news" deserves to be castrated

dio black sabbath >>>>>>

they were at their creative peak then imo. not to put ozzy down or anything, but i much rather preferred dio

goddamn i was in such a good mood last night when they said he as alive
frown.gif

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Weren't you supposed to see them this summer Physicx with Maiden. I'm greatful that I got to see him on the Metal Masters tour and I was hoping to see them again but it is what it is. This is awful I thought he was getting through the stomach cancer but I think the chemo did it.� Anyway R.I.P Dio.

nah, not with maiden. i was hoping that they would confirm for summer breeze or wacken though. hell, if they had a date in between somewhere then i would of just trained there

i was about to go to bloodstock which is in the uk but i opted for party.san instead cause my friend is going there plus its still in germany with the other two festivals. he canceled all dates with heaven and hell anyways so even if i went to bloodstock i wouldnt have seen them. but damn man...i never got to see him, youre so lucky

Jesus, what a sad day for the metal community as a whole... Really blows to hear RJD has passed. May he rest in a better place.

Today:

DIO -- in all forms

Saw this on Iron Maiden's site..R.I.P.
frown.gif
I really liked his voice, sounded great even at his age..

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

Jesus, what a sad day for the metal community as a whole... Really blows to hear RJD has passed. May he rest in a better place.

Today:

DIO -- in all forms
Same here man.  I been playing all of Dio's stuff at work. Elf, Rainbow, Dio, Heaven and Hell.

Haven't really jam out to anything else.

^basically, nothing but rainbow, heaven & hell, black sabbath and dio this week. i appreciate his music x10 now. he had such a voice.

..."had," %%%%, cant believe that i had to use that word instead of "has"

Originally Posted by matttherippersanchez

I say this everytime someone awesome dies...

Why does Dio get taken down when Fred Durst still walks the Earth?

That's another world mystery we will never know just like aliens or ghosts

Back
Top Bottom