Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Judging by a lot of your post, you may have a drinking problem b
grin.gif
........to be fair that's the best kinda problem to have
pimp.gif

Kirkland vodka...where they do that at?
laugh.gif

Poland Spring vodka>>>>>

Most likely yes, and if you saw how much I drink and how many times I do it by myself you probably wouldn't say it's that great of a problem to have.  But it's basically the only thing that gets me by these days because I've lost interest or no longer enjoy much of anything these days.

End of last year I spent well over 14 days drunk almost 24/7 (during the term not winter break) and of those 14 days I drank socially (at least one other person there) once.  I was a %%%#$$@ mess, and at one point got really drunk, loaded my 9mm, set it on the table, and weighed my life's worth.  Not exactly the best of times.  A few weeks later a girl I like hit me up out of nowhere and said she had a crush on me.  That turned into a whole other subject that hopefully will turn into something someday, but for now she is definitely a positive influence on me and keeps the darkness out of my mind.  Now you guys know more about me than most of my friends around these parts and most of my family
laugh.gif

Also Kirkland vodka is pretty damn good for it's price.  I place it's quality somewhere between Absolute and Grey Goose.

Keep your head up Ninja. I've never been as far as drinking crazily but sometimes life has you by the balls and you don't know what to do anymore. All I do is just think positive and look for things to look forward to because if not I would probably be doing some crazy stuff right now.

By the way that's awesome of you to do that with the videos. I didn't know we've posted that many.

Originally Posted by BCF06

Keep your head up Ninja. I've never been as far as drinking crazily but sometimes life has you by the balls and you don't know what to do anymore. All I do is just think positive and look for things to look forward to because if not I would probably be doing some crazy stuff right now.

Thanks man.  I try to do all of this, and I know I need to. Probably my biggest problem is when I stumble there is no one...and I mean no one...to catch me or help me up. I always have to do it completely alone, and that's always hard to do. It also causes a lot of anger it become deeply ingrained in me because I reached out to a lot of people that I gave a hand up to when they were way down and ended up grabbing nothing but air and generic, after school show advice that I didn't need
smh.gif

Enough psychological bull puckey back to Metal
devil.gif

http://www.youtube.com/v/LBh18ztR0ZI&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/LBh18ztR0ZI&hl=en_US&fs=1&

I know what you mean Ninja. I'm always helping almost anyone that needs help from family members to random aquaintances at school and when I need there help I get their back turned to me. I can't tell how much that sucks it almost makes not want to help people out anymore but I'm not programmed that way. I always end up lending a hand anyway. A simple thank you would be nice but somtimes I don't even get that. It takes time to work on ourselves but its the effort we put into it. Anyway before I get to talkative if you ever need to vent just shoot me a pm.

Enough with the wussy stuff that Fleshgod Apocalypse is damn good.

Lamb Of God

Children of Bodom

Cannibal Corpse

All I've been listening to the whole day....I needed some current metal with a bit of classic today I am tired.

I gotta get good sleep today since I got a doctors appointment tomorrow
ohwell.gif

I know man I'm so stuck on classic metal. I was jamming out to Jag Panzer all day mainly to their first album. Anyway good luck at the doctors.

I know man I'm so stuck on classic metal. I was jamming out to Jag Panzer all day mainly to their first album. Anyway good luck at the doctors.
I've been listening to Ozzy, Black Sabbath, The Who, and Creedance Clearwater Revival a lot recently.  Oh and BLS, especially In This River with the Remembrance Ballad opening
pimp.gif
frown.gif

I know what you mean Ninja. I'm always helping almost anyone that needs help from family members to random aquaintances at school and when I need there help I get their back turned to me. I can't tell how much that sucks it almost makes not want to help people out anymore but I'm not programmed that way. I always end up lending a hand anyway. A simple thank you would be nice but somtimes I don't even get that. It takes time to work on ourselves but its the effort we put into it. Anyway before I get to talkative if you ever need to vent just shoot me a pm.

Enough with the wussy stuff that Fleshgod Apocalypse is damn good. YES.

Same here Ninja. Been through the ringer myself, being prior military I feel you on the nowhere to reach out. Seems common place these days...

Today:

Pink Floyd
Allman Brothers
Dropkick Murphys

I dunno if you guys have ever heard of fellsilent, but they're one of my favorite bands, and their last album, The Hidden Words, is one of my favorite records in the last five years. They're based out of the UK, and seemed to have a lot going for them, so in the absence of our drummer, I tried out for them. Unfortunately, they just broke up, and some of the members are doing a project called Monuments. It's pretty heavy. Check it out. Song is called Admit Defeat.

http://www.myspace.com/thisismonuments

ill be sure to check them out matt

and damn ninjalla, good to see youre still with us. like everyone, if you need someone to listen, hit me up on here or fb. i cant believe that you saved every single video in this thread. thats wild
eek.gif

lately listening to wormed and trauma. in the case of wormed, i usually dont go for the br00tal pig squeals, but theyre pretty good imo. the new trauma is wicked as well

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td]RUSH Announcement Expected On Thursday - Apr. 6, 2010[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]
According to a posting on the RUSH fan site RushIsABand.com, RUSHhas launched a countdown clock splash page on the band's official website formatted by HHMMSS where the first two digits are the hours, thenext two are the minutes and the last two are the seconds. It beganticking with a reading of 480000 at 7 a.m. EST this morning and willcount down to this Thursday, April 8 at 7 a.m. There is no word on theexact nature of the announcement, but new tour dates are said to be agood guess.

RUSH has reportedly commenced work on the follow-up to 2007's "Snakes & Arrows" at Cherry Beach Sound in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Guitarist Alex Lifeson is believed to be engineering the sessions, although this information has not yet been corroborated by an official source.

RUSH drummer Neil Peart told The Canadian Pressat the end of March that the band was planning to completepre-production on two new songs in the coming weeks, with a possibletour to follow.

"We're going to put those (songs) together andif they turn out well, we'll maybe even release them (on their own),"he said. "We're saying, what if we do a little songwriting and then alittle touring to play those songs, and then get back to thesongwriting again? It would be an interesting way to shake up our usualway. There's nothing I can confirm yet ... these things are immenselycomplicated and so much involved, all I can say is that we'reconsidering that."
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

if this another tour announcement, im confident thay theyll come to edmonton, like always. but if its in august when im in europe im gonna kill someone

Damn Physicx thats one announcement I didn't hear about. I did hear that they planned on touring but not through this weird timing thing they are doing. Please come to San Antonio. I think they will they haven't been here since 2007 and they usually come often.

Overkill is planning their second leg of the tour on May 2. I would love to see these guys too.

There is still a lot of groups I have yet to see. Plus Scorpions should be announcing more dates. I will probably be broke by the end of the year big time.

no kidding eh? broke as hell
laugh.gif
smh.gif

back on the subject of rush, i remember in 2008 when iron maiden and rush came one week after the next and i couldnt see either cause i was out of town
mad.gif

but i  hate these announcements for announcements, they make me nervous. at least the rush countdown is only for like 2 days instead of maiden where they made us wait what, a full week?
laugh.gif

Its awful Physicx. Your not lying about the nervousness. It gives me the same feeling of when a certain Jordan would come out and I would be anxious for the release date but more nervous of hoping I got a pair.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Got my Mayhem Festival tickets couple days ago, can't wait
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Cool man.  I was a bit upset it didn't stop my way but enjoy yourself its going to be a long and hot day.

By the way anyone going to see Amon Amarth.
I am, and Overkill the week after that.

edit: Hey Matt do you have any suggestion for a beginner guitarist distortion pedal.  What brands are good, which one's you don't care for, and all that.

im going for eluveitie. i heard they were coming to town and bought tickets as soon as they came out. amon amarth (even though i love them) is a bonus
laugh.gif

Its awful Physicx. Your not lying about the nervousness. It gives me the same feeling of when a certain Jordan would come out and I would be anxious for the release date but more nervous of hoping I got a pair.

nice analogy lol

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

By the way anyone going to see Amon Amarth.
I am, and Overkill the week after that.

edit: Hey Matt do you have any suggestion for a beginner guitarist distortion pedal.  What brands are good, which one's you don't care for, and all that.
Depends, man. What kinda sound are you lookin to get? Are you talking about strictly distortion, or are you looking for effects? Also, do you want something that's like a multi-effect processor, or just looking for individual pedals?

Back
Top Bottom