Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

take that as a yes
eek.gif

looks like ill be surpassing my download limit at school tomorrow...again...
pimp.gif

Damn it you guys. Yall just gave me a playlist for the week. Its hard enough for me to keep up as it is.

Man, it feels like I haven't posted on here in awhile. I guess its cause I haven't haha.. I spent my entire weekend drinking, promoting, and remodeling our jam room. We make our debut with our new drummer this Saturday in Dallas, and I couldn't possibly be more excited. It will probably be the first and last show for my yellow Ibanez and my 5150II, as I'm trying to unload them to give my rig a new makeover.

Speaking of makeovers, we moved into a new practice space and have made some remarkable adjustments to it. First off, since we're sharing a drummer for the time being, we elected to get a pretty massive room to house both bands' eq. First we came across a drum riser in one of the rooms that isn't being used and put it at the back of the room in the middle across from the door. Stuck Reuben's kit on there and put a monitor behind him. We set up a monitor on each side of the drum riser as well, initially for aesthetics and as a foot rest, but we had enough cables to actually make them functional, so we did that. We've got two Peavey mains and a subwoofer in each corner adjacent to the door. The mixing board and four power amps sit in the corner to Reuben's right. We've got each of our rigs spread out throughout the room, and all five members have mics (even Reuben) for backup vocals and such. We pretty much have a setup that rivals most of the clubs in the area, and about the only thing we don't have is a lighting rig haha. I'll take some pics tonight if any of you guys are interested.

HOLY +%%% I'M PUMPED!!!

Bought my Megadeth ticket on Saturday so I'm going this Thursday to see them!!

I can't wait, I literally crazy with excitement I want to meet Dave and Chris....

It's a dream come true I'm finally gonna see my favorite band, gonna get there early to try to get right up front  
headbang.gif

Originally Posted by matttherippersanchez

Man, it feels like I haven't posted on here in awhile. I guess its cause I haven't haha.. I spent my entire weekend drinking, promoting, and remodeling our jam room. We make our debut with our new drummer this Saturday in Dallas, and I couldn't possibly be more excited. It will probably be the first and last show for my yellow Ibanez and my 5150II, as I'm trying to unload them to give my rig a new makeover.

Speaking of makeovers, we moved into a new practice space and have made some remarkable adjustments to it. First off, since we're sharing a drummer for the time being, we elected to get a pretty massive room to house both bands' eq. First we came across a drum riser in one of the rooms that isn't being used and put it at the back of the room in the middle across from the door. Stuck Reuben's kit on there and put a monitor behind him. We set up a monitor on each side of the drum riser as well, initially for aesthetics and as a foot rest, but we had enough cables to actually make them functional, so we did that. We've got two Peavey mains and a subwoofer in each corner adjacent to the door. The mixing board and four power amps sit in the corner to Reuben's right. We've got each of our rigs spread out throughout the room, and all five members have mics (even Reuben) for backup vocals and such. We pretty much have a setup that rivals most of the clubs in the area, and about the only thing we don't have is a lighting rig haha. I'll take some pics tonight if any of you guys are interested.
moz-screenshot-3.png
!%*$ dude tht sounds awesome. i would love to see some pics. lol i cant remember where but i found some pics of you guys. youre def belong on nt, seen you in a band pic with some playoff xii's
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

and erick, the rip tour is wicked. ive seen them like 3 times before and this was the best one, no doubt. exodus is a crazy live band even though im a bit underwhelmed by their newer material

youll have a chance to meet dave if you really want. if you buy a cd and a wristband for like 35 bucks at the merch booth you get to meet the band after the show (there should be a sign). dave is a douche though and i would never want to meet him. however, chris seems humble

and rust, did you ever get your ticket situation resolved?

Dude I'm happy for you man.  Keep us updated and some pics we do need.  None of us have ever seen you guys but it feels like we are witnessing something good happen.  Just stay focused man and your band can get big.  It just takes time.  Always remember the Metalheads on Niketalk.

Originally Posted by ErickM713

HOLY +%%% I'M PUMPED!!!

I can't wait, I literally crazy with excitement I want to meet Dave and Chris....

It's a dream come true I'm finally gonna see my favorite band, gonna get there early to try to get right up front  
headbang.gif

Your reaction looks like mine when I found out Maiden was coming and after I bought my tickets.  But Megadeth is awesome and your wintessing a good show with a sick set of groups there.  I'm pissed they missed my town and when I managed to get enough money they sold out all the Tickets for the Austin show.  So enjoy for me.

Yeah Rust what happend in regards of your ticket situation.  Are you not going after all?

Originally Posted by BCF06

Originally Posted by ErickM713

HOLY +%%% I'M PUMPED!!!

headbang.gif

Your reaction looks like mine when I found out Maiden was coming and after I bought my tickets.  But Megadeth is awesome and your wintessing a good show with a sick set of groups there.  I'm pissed they missed my town and when I managed to get enough money they sold out all the Tickets for the Austin show.  So enjoy for me.

Yeah Rust what happend in regards of your ticket situation.  Are you not going after all?
Gonna pick up my Maiden and Dream Theater ticket within next month 
wink.gif

^whats up? ? was wondering where you went
laugh.gif

and i just went through the bands ninjallama posted. i could do w/o the deathcore but the technical death metal is appreciated

my buddy just texted me and wants me to go to party.san this year. *!%@, the lineup is sick but i donno what im gonna do for a week in germany. i dont even think i have the money to stay for a week anywhere
laugh.gif

PartySan+Metal+Open+Air+2010+myspace_psoa.jpg

edit- i just realized that necrophagist isnt in the headlining bands
alien.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

Played some Mastodon the other day..hectic lately.
*hugs*
Yeah I was wondering what happened to you.  We missed you in this thread.  Anyway talk about hectic I just finished doing a speech today for my Business Speech class and boy the pressure is insane.

So I figured I'd show you guys my "recovering" iTunes collection.....couple weeks ago my computer was acting funny so I rebooted it like always do when it's unresponsive beyond my knowledge so in the middle of rebooting it shuts down, starts back up like nothing so I'm like "Okay something went wrong here". So I turn it on and what do you know my hard drive is WIPED CLEAN all my pictures,videos,and music are GONE....So I'm sitting there getting ready to cry.....4 years of music and 50+ gigs of music GONE for good.....so I'm slowly rebuilding it so ALOT and I say that strongly ALOT of my music is gone.

itunes1y.jpg

itunes2.jpg

itunes3.jpg

itunes4.jpg

Thanks guys
smile.gif
, been browsing General mostly..Just had alot going on.

ErickM713- same thing happened to me a year ago, heart-wrenching..Sucked so bad cuz I had tons of mixtapes which weren't/aren't that easy to retrieve again. Freestyles, acapellas,instrumentals etc. *sigh*..But at the same time it gave me a chance to clean out any filler..Best of luck on rebuilding..

by "had alot going on" do you mean playing god of war? i havent gotten there yet. still in the process of beating the second
laugh.gif
smh.gif
opeth on the gow ep is appreciated though

and i think losing their music has happened to everyone at least once. happened to me several times plus i keep friggin switching computers. ive noticed that everytime i redo my library it gets more and more organized each time. the first ipod was one huge cluster %*%@ compared to what i got goin on now
laugh.gif

I've lost some rare stuff. I had a bootleg of Metallica with James, Dave Mustaine, Ron McGovney (bass player before clive), and of course lars from 1982 when they sounded like kids and I lost that. I had bootleg versions of the Soundhouse tapes from Maiden and lost those. Luckily I had backup CD's for a lot of my rare stuff other wise I would of cried my self to sleep in the fetal position.

Anyway good luck erick its gonna take some time.

Originally Posted by Physicx

moz-screenshot-3.png
!%*$ dude tht sounds awesome. i would love to see some pics. lol i cant remember where but i found some pics of you guys. youre def belong on nt, seen you in a band pic with some playoff xii's
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

and erick, the rip tour is wicked. ive seen them like 3 times before and this was the best one, no doubt. exodus is a crazy live band even though im a bit underwhelmed by their newer material

youll have a chance to meet dave if you really want. if you buy a cd and a wristband for like 35 bucks at the merch booth you get to meet the band after the show (there should be a sign). dave is a douche though and i would never want to meet him. however, chris seems humble

and rust, did you ever get your ticket situation resolved?

Definitely, man. I'll take some pics whenever I get to practice tonight. The other band we share the room with is pretty dirty, which is pretty upsetting, but that will explain any excess crap. As for the playoff XIIs, yeah I've played basketball my entire life and always really enjoyed shoes and collecting them. I'll be wearing my XVIIIs this weekend, and I've got a pair of sunshine yellow adidas Kobes that will be seeing the stage the next really huge show we play.

Originally Posted by BCF06

Dude I'm happy for you man.  Keep us updated and some pics we do need.  None of us have ever seen you guys but it feels like we are witnessing something good happen.  Just stay focused man and your band can get big.  It just takes time.  Always remember the Metalheads on Niketalk.

Thanks a lot, man. I appreciate it. You guys are some awesome dudes, and I'll be sure to notify everybody when we hit the road, especially you cause San Antonio is just down the road! Pics forthcoming!

^when you do get big, dont forget about us
tongue.gif

anyways, bump till 100 w a new tour update (thats not anywhere near me, again):

facemelter.jpg

* THU 5/06-Baltimore, MD @ Sonar
* FRI 5/07-Spartanburg, SC @ Ground Zero
* SAT 5/08-Tampa, FL @ Brass Mug
* SUN 5/09-New Orleans, LA @ The High Ground
* MON 5/10-Houston, TX @ Wired Live
* TUE 5/11-Austin, TX @ Emo’s w/ CANNIBAL CORPSE
* WED 5/12-Dallas, TX/Ft. Worth, TX @ Ridglea Theatre
* THU 5/13-Albuquerque, NM @ The Compound