Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey metalheads any of you want to recomend me some good bands? Great albums? Starting to get into metal. I've heard a little metallica,megadeth and some other bands

welcome! list those "other bands" cause its a little hard to give recommendations going off 2 artists. i take it you like thrash? if you havent done so already, check out

kreator
testament
exodus
sodom
overkill
annihilator
sepultura
vio-lence
razor

dont hesitate to ask questions, any of us will be glad to help you look for the right sound
smile.gif

anyways, we had a bakesale today. bake sales are METAL. dont believe me?

18644_625703139935_120406763_36707313_144201_n.jpg

18644_625793079695_120406763_36710153_752023_n.jpg

ended up selling EVERYTHING. i went back when i was finished all my classes to get some treats for the commute home and there were only like rice krispie squares left
laugh.gif

the eddie cake is won through a raffle. *crosses fingers* i hope i win. next one is gonna be a pentagram cake, prolly during finals cause studies in pysch say that students crave sweet things around exam time
nerd.gif

Damn those cakes look good. Need pics of that eddie cake. By the way a lot of dudes are leaving their groups.

Jammed out too:

D.R.I- Crossover
Annihilator- Alice in Hell

Originally Posted by Physicx

i have no idea who those bands are...put me on!
dont know if you were talking to me or llama but you can check out one of the Virgin Witch tracks here http://www.freecakefreecake.com/main.php?p=media

not my pic but heres the 7", i gotta cop the longsleeve hellfish has up on their site with this coverart.
2r22dqw.jpg

as for the In Flames news, i could care less, no offense to any of you that still listen to them, but that band fell off a LONG time ago

Originally Posted by EcruteakCityBoy

Hey metalheads any of you want to recomend me some good bands? Great albums? Starting to get into metal. I've heard a little metallica,megadeth and some other bands
to add to physicx list

Anthrax
Cro-Mags
Forbidden
Leeway
Suicidal Tendencies
D.R.I.
Excel
S.O.D.
Whiplash

i'll try and add some more later.

http://www.youtube.com/v/q0jP69iJmg0&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/q0jP69iJmg0&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/q0jP69iJmg0&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/q0jP69iJmg0&hl=en_US&fs=1&
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

one of the most underrated bands.

i was referring to both of you, thanks. and i agree that in flames hasnt been good this entire decade. a sense of purpose was
sick.gif

Last albums I just finished jamming too!

album-Pantera-Vulgar-Display-of-Power.jpg
Megarust.jpg
Slayer-World-Painted-Blood.jpg
41dwJffZPHL.jpg
Slayer-3.jpg
Tombofthemutilated-alt.jpg

World Painted Blood really impressed me Slayer really did great on the album 
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

How do I join the club? 
nerd.gif

Also March 25th Megadeth,Testament,and Exodus are coming to Houston....anyone going?

Originally Posted by ErickM713

How do I join the club? 
nerd.gif
Ok, I'm going to need you to get a bag of Doritos and a copy of Dante's Divine Comedy.  Put both in a blender and blend throughly.  Mix with 3 cups of milk and bake at 350 degrees for half an hour.  Then I'm going to need you to cut them into squares and place in a bag.  Next put on some rubber boots and head to the closest retirement facility.  While there you need to sing the lounge version of Hammer Smash Face while wearing your rubber boots (someone else's rubber boots are also acceptable).  After that I just need you to head out to Corvallis because I need help with my homework
frown.gif

That's the best I can come up with at 10, no coffee, and after three late nights of socket programming in C.  I'm tired boss.

Awesome.. Speaking of pantera I've met Vinnie Paul. It was crazy. I was at the mall and decided to take a stroll into spencer's. walked toward the back and in the corner of my eye I saw the famous beard and long hair and the cowboy hat. I couldn't believe it so i did a quick double take. He aknowledged it. I wasn't sure if it was him or not so I asked my cousin if I should ask. Walked up to him and asked asked "hey man aren't you that guy from pantera?" . "yea.. What's up man?" .. I was like "holy smokes.." and walked off it was akward and unreal at the same time.

Originally Posted by ErickM713

Last albums I just finished jamming too!

album-Pantera-Vulgar-Display-of-Power.jpg
Megarust.jpg
Slayer-World-Painted-Blood.jpg
41dwJffZPHL.jpg
Slayer-3.jpg
Tombofthemutilated-alt.jpg

World Painted Blood really impressed me Slayer really did great on the album 
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

How do I join the club? 
nerd.gif

Also March 25th Megadeth,Testament,and Exodus are coming to Houston....anyone going?

Damn dude I'm still debating.  The long drive is whats putting me off.

^honestly, go man. maybe the announced setlist will change your mind:

"Just so you know, we are playing 10 songs from over our 25-plus-year careers, as well as all nine songs off of 'Rust In Peace'.

"We are playing:

* Set The World Afire
* Wake Up Dead
* In My Darkest Hour
* Sweating Bullets
* Skin O' My Teeth
* Head Crusher
* A Tout Le Monde
* Symphony Of Destruction
* Trust
* Peace Sells, But Who's Buying?

"And all of 'Rust In Peace'.

"One great thing is that we all know so many, many songs, and that this is just the starting point.

-------

whats up erick? thats prolly the best death album. i got a human shirt just last week
pimp.gif

E - thats crazy, but you just walked away? lol. its mad weird talking to a celebrity though hey? its like i want to say something w/o coming off as a nosy fan but i dont want to appear all quiet and shy.

"And all of 'Rust In Peace'.

Tornado of Souls 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I was at Spencers the other day and saw a Vulgar Display Of Power tee I wanted to pick it up but they only had a XXL which'll fit me huge.

Death is such a underrated band though!

Most of my metal head friends know them but it's like EVERYONE should know them.

It would be nice to head up to Germany though to catch the Wacken Open Air fest.

THIS YEARS LINE UP IS INSANE!!!

Alice Cooper
Amorphis
Arch Enemy
Atrocity
Broilers
Caliban
Candlemass
Cannibal Corpse
Corvus Corax
Crucified Barbara
Crysys
Debauchery
Degradead
Delain
Despised Icon
Devour the Masses
Die Apokalyptischen Reiter
Die Kassierer
Edguy
Ektomorf
Endstille
End of GreenEquilibrium
Eternal Legacy
Evile
Fiddler's Green
Facinora
Ghost Brigade
Gojira
Grave Digger
Hackneyed
Hells Belles
Ihsahn
Immortal
Imperium Dekadenz
Iron Maiden
Kampfar
Kataklysm
Lake of Tears
Letzte Instanz
Maroon
Metsatöll
Mötley Crüe
Nightmare
Nephilim
Orden OganOrphaned Land
Primal Fear
Raven
Schelmish
Secrets of the Moon
Slayer
Solstafir
Stratovarius
Suicidal Angels
The Devil's Blood
The Other
Tiamat
Torfrock
Týr
U.D.O.
Varg
Voivod
W.A.S.P.

It would be amazing to head up there and catch it

^man, you could make an argument for ANY of their albums. i love them all

wacken would be too expensive. if i went all the way to germany i might as well stay for two more weeks and go to summer breeze

#%$$, i need a vacation this summer

^man, you could make an argument for ANY of their albums. i love them all

wacken would be too expensive. if i went all the way to germany i might as well stay for two more weeks and go to summer breeze

#%$$, i need a vacation this summer
Yeah, exactly. I love that band to death (no pun intended), and all of their albums are special to me for a different reason, although I prefer the more progressive, technical Death ala Sound of Perseverence/Symbolic to the more straight forward death metal records like Scream Bloody Gore/Leprosy. There's a LOT of Chuck in my guitar playing technique.

^no doubt. i still need to check your band out lol

anyways, here are some tours announced recently:

Tampa, Florida death metallers CANNIBAL CORPSE are gearing up to hit the road on the band's first headline run since they headlined the Hot Topic stage on 2009's Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival. Joining CANNIBAL CORPSE on "The Evisceration Plague Tour" are SKELETONWITCH, LECHEROUS NOCTURNE and 1349 on select dates

Apr. 20 - Orlando, FL - Club Firestone
Apr. 21 - Atlanta, GA - Masquerade
Apr. 22 - Raleigh, NC - Volume 11 Tavern
Apr. 23 - Springfield, VA - JAXX
Apr. 24 - Worcester, MA - Palladium (New England Metal and Hardcore Festival)
Apr. 25 - Long Island, NY - Crazy Donkey
Apr. 27 - Montreal, QC - Club Soda
Apr. 28 - Toronto, ON - Opera House
Apr. 29 - Chicago, IL - House of Blues
Apr. 30 - Milwaukee, WI - Eagles Club
May 01 - St. Paul, MN - Station 4
May 02 - Lawrence, KS - Granada Theater
May 03 - Denver, CO - Gothic
May 05 - San Francisco, CA - Slim's
May 06 - Los Angeles, CA - House Of Blues
May 07 - Tucson, AZ - The Rock (no 1349)
May 08 - Albuquerque, NM - Sunshine Theater (no 1349)
May 10 - Corpus Christi, TX - House of Rock (no 1349)
May 11 - Austin, TX - Emo's (no 1349)
May 12 - Houston, TX - Wired Live (no 1349)
May 13 - New Orleans, LA - House of Blues (no 1349)
May 14 - Jacksonville, FL - Freebird Live (no 1349)
May 15 - Tampa, FL - Tate Theater (no 1349)

---------------

Swedish Viking metallers AMON AMARTH will embark on a North American headlining tour in April. Support on the trek will come from ELUVEITIE and HOLY GRAIL.

April 08 - Los Angeles, CA - House Of Blues
April 09 - San Francisco, CA - The Regency Ballroom (w/ FEAR FACTORY)
April 10 - Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theater
April 11 - Seattle, WA - Showbox
April 12 - Vancouver, BC - Rickshaw
April 14 - Calgary, AB - MacEwan Hall
April 15 - Edmonton, AB - EEC
April 16 - Saskatoon, SK - The Odeon
April 17 - Winnipeg, MB - The Garrick
April 18 - Minneapolis, MD - Station 4
April 19 - Chicago, IL - Logan Square
April 21 - Toronto, ON - Opera House
April 22 - Montreal, QC - Metropolis
April 23 - Quebec City, QC - Imperial Theatre
April 24 - Worcester, MA - New England Metal Fest
April 25 - New York, NY - Fillmore at Irving Plaza

---------------

i finally get to see eluveitie live but i hate the venue so much. really wanted to see 1349 but thats not coming round my way

ninjalla, go to deathfest this may. i think i might go

Back
Top Bottom